• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Until they have a bundle that you like then you're praising HB to the moon.

No. If there is a good bundle...great, but that's very rare these days imo. Also there are some good, even better alternatives to HB :)

Hektor

Hope i'll get my Yukka Lalelu key soon.

Also, i still have no idea how to get my wasteland 3 backer rewards from Crowdox. Are they even giving out Torment already?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No. If there is a good bundle...great, but that's very rare these days imo. Also there are some good, even better alternatives to HB :)

actually there is no better bundle alternative to Humble, no matter how much they have gone down in quality lately, which is debatable. The fact that their bundles still have the best overall / newer games tho, is not.

or, pray tell, do tell us what the better bundle site is? Indiegala? Groupees?

You could argue for Bundlestars but the times they have good bundles are far less than the Humble ones so...

Grief.exe

New Rimworld A16 update was released to the unstable beta branch today. Looks like a massive update. These are all community notes as the developers have not released any information yet, possibly to keep some of these mechanics obfuscated?

New world map. You can select your initial spawn, send caravans to different points to trade, and even transport colonists to different points to start up to 4 additional colonies.

a5db5da1c23f8dec83f0b9744b40b710.jpg

New research tree

Played a few minutes so far. World and caravan features seem to be the big ticket item.
  • The world map is 3D and can be rotated. The planet's shadow is faintly animated, as is the backdrop of space and the local sun.
  • To make a caravan, you select colonists and any pets you want to send. You have to bring food or they starve.
  • Colonist leaving on a caravan load up any gear they need to bring: the gear screen has more options, to quickly drop or use any carried gear.
  • You can abandon your current colony and setup shop somewhere else. Or control up to 4 other colonies at the same time (option menu setting).
  • Your caravans can randomly meet up with other caravans and attack them or trade with them. When fighting in a random encounter, a small map (100x100?) is generated. You can flee the fight by running to the edge.
  • You can attack pirate bases. They are basically large maps with barracks with a a stockpile of valuable loot and patrolling guards.
  • You can visit friendly settlements and trade, but you can't enter the square of another faction unless it is to fight them.
  • Game ends when you launch a ship + game ending screen. You can only do so from one colony. Any other colonists on other maps or convoys will be left behind.
  • Other small changes I've noticed so far:
  • New chemfuel production bench, to produce fuel from wood or organics
  • Build a launchpad. Then build a pod on top of it, fuel it up and you can launch two colonists or equivalent weight in goods to any other tile on the planet. The pods don't seem to be reusable and cost 80 steel and one component.
  • High-DPI scaling options (Not sure if this was already present in a previous update)
  • New tech tree organisation and structural presentation
  • Starting tech has been tweaked
  • Outdoor production benches get a 20% debuff.
  • New pawn interaction (disturbed sleep, animal train, etc.) icons: they look like thought bubbles.
  • Options menu: a slider for "max number of colonies" currently set to 1. A warning suggests you can play multiple colonies concurrently.
  • When you first name your colony, you will be prompted to name your faction at the same time.
  • Tutor system has been expanded greatly.
  • Room inspection and beauty inspection tools are now combined into one.
  • New event: mysterious ship coordinates: will place a marker on the map
  • Healing seems to take longer now. One of my colonists took more than 24 hours to heal a couple of bruises. Mind you, quality was pretty bad, so it's possible that quality has a bigger impact on healing this time around.
  • Stone block crafting bills are now separate for different materials (helps with setting material-specific production rules)
  • Clothing stripped from dead bodies carries a small "Dead Man's" mood debuff
  • Roofing is now high-priority by default (reported by /u/Jackal_Legacy)
  • Prisoners and rescued pawns now default to herbal medicine treatment.
  • Rescued pawns now have a chance to join your colony.
  • Bad temperature work speed penalty on work benches in 'bad temperature'.
  • Mood penalty when wearing clothing taken off a dead pawn.
  • Option to 'Allow firing' on drafted pawns (on by default, can be toggled off).
  • Most items have a negative beauty modifier, so your warehouse is going to take a massive hit to beauty.
  • Trade price overhaul, so expect to both pay and receive more for your goods. A bionic could be bought for ~1900 and a thrumbo horn sold for ~2200, with a 4% discount for trading in another faction's town. There's also a bit more feedback on what influences the price for an item.
  • Mend quality doesn't seem to be a clearly divided between "poor" and "good". I can't say for sure how it impacts overall healing, but there's now a whole spectrum of colors for the mend quality indicator.
  • Pet Follow mod has pretty much been incorporated.
  • The slaughter button was moved to the other side of the panel so it's nearly impossible to missclick.

Tizoc

so january huh

night in the woods, tales of berseria, RE7 and Pit People (early access)

fuck.

You forgot the real MVP of January

I remember when humble bundle was good

No offense Mate but it's only ever good when it has something you like. Every other day it may as well dead to you.

You must've not been around when they had those back to back bundles that everyone was praising them for.
What are these alternatives to HB because I don't see Bundlestars' bundles getting praised a lot around here lately.

the new yogscast games are also indie gala fodder bundle tier games

Rocket Riot is, iirc, a game that Stump has praised. Enjoy your ban :V
The games in the yogcast bundle aren't that bad. Really anything to you lot is bundle trash until it is given to you free then you flip a 180.
You lads & lasses can't be trusted half the time, I swear.

Knurek

Of course no bundle next week, due to Steam Sale.
No bundle in two weeks because they want to have a New Year.
And no bundle in three weeks, because of Monthly.
Fuck Humble.

Why are you angry over not being able to get a few dozen games for dirt cheap?

We were promised new bundle each week when they got rid of weeklies, don't you remember?

Tizoc

Of course no bundle next week, due to Steam Sale.
No bundle in two weeks because they want to have a New Year.
And no bundle in three weeks, because of Monthly.
Fuck Humble.

Most of the games in the bundle don't look interesting to me. Of the games in that bundle that I don't already have, the only ones that I would even consider buying on its own would be Guilty Gear.

$30 for 30 games isn't that good a deal when the games simply don't appeal to you.

Tizoc

$30 for 30 games isn't that good a deal when the games simply don't appeal to you.

Hence why I didn't get it when it was revealed :p
If anything though the $30 go to charity so there's that one incentive if you decide to get the bundle, but otherwise it's really not for everyone as you wrote.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
actually there is no better bundle alternative to Humble, no matter how much they have gone down in quality lately, which is debatable. The fact that their bundles still have the best overall / newer games tho, is not.

or, pray tell, do tell us what the better bundle site is? Indiegala? Groupees?

You could argue for Bundlestars but the times they have good bundles are far less than the Humble ones so...

You must've not been around when they had those back to back bundles that everyone was praising them for.
What are these alternatives to HB because I don't see Bundlestars' bundles getting praised a lot around here lately.

It's true that HB offers the newer games and better price-performance ratio. But as I said before...that's very rare nowadays imo especially for the weekly bundles

Speaking of newer games...It seems that there is always a big sale going on (notably around this time of the year)...so bundles are not very interesting (at least for me)

Personally I found in Bundlestars a great alternative...in the end it is all a matter of your personal taste...so...no offense :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Achievement Unlocked: Actual Altruism
Give $30 to a local food bank and don't bother with shit games you wouldn't even give up your email address for.

Tizoc

That 30 for 30 bundle would be good for anyone new to Steam who hasn't been buying bundles for the past few years.

My cousin has a low spec gaming laptop but is interested in gaming and this bundle'll be good for him with the many variety of games it has.

gelf

Hoping for bundles full of games you want at any regularity is just setting yourself up for disappointment. There are only so many games that publishers are prepared to give away at bundle prices unless you just resort to putting out tons of trash bundles like the others tend to. Humble still easily put out better bundles then the competitors on average in my book

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone ever tried Yankai's Triangle? I heard it was a deep puzzle game that doesn't explain the mechanics of each level to you at all. It apparently has more than 500 levels to it. The gameplay video kind of reminds me of solving rubik's cubes.

So does anyone know how to turn off ps4 steam support? I exit big picture and even restarted steam but it keeps using the new steam feature.

Don't want to use it because in some games like the witcher 3, it replaces natural ps4 support (like ps4 button icons) with xbox icons and such.

Parsnip

I gotta be honest, I don't think Yooka Laylee looks good at all.
I also didn't really enjoy Banjo Kazooie either.

Now get them to work on DS2 ;)
I think I saw someone with authority on Steam community say that after Kaiko is done fixing up Warmastered, they are going to look at Deathinitive as well. So who knows.

Nabs

So does anyone know how to turn off ps4 steam support? I exit big picture and even restarted steam but it keeps using the new steam feature.

Don't want to use it because in some games like the witcher 3, it replaces natural ps4 support (like ps4 button icons) with xbox icons and such.

I'm pretty sure you can disable it in the options under controller settings. I think you can also disable it on a game by game basis under manage game > controller options > use steam config.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
From the Yogscast bundle, I think I wouldn't mind playing Shadwen, Choplifter, Waddle Home, and Rocket Riot and I wouldn't mind +1ing Kholat, Toy Odyssey, Frog Climbers, Dinocide, and Faeria. I don't think it's going to quite obtain actual bundle value but if you were new to Steam there'd be some decent stuff and I suspect, again, you'd get close to $30 resale for it if you wanted to.

Lomax

We've seen plenty of humbles bundles during steam sales and over Christmas, that's not really an indicator either way. Hell, it was a humble bundle that ruined the coal winter sale promotion.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm pretty sure Stump exclusively plays garbage, though. It's like a reverse recommendation.

I'm pretty sure you can disable it in the options under controller settings. I think you can also disable it on a game by game basis under manage game > controller options > use steam config.

Thank you!

Hope in the near future they get that all squared out.

madjoki

Has anyone ever tried Yankai's Triangle? I heard it was a deep puzzle game that doesn't explain the mechanics of each level to you at all. It apparently has more than 500 levels to it. The gameplay video kind of reminds me of solving rubik's cubes.

Yeah, it's basically color matching puzzler that gets insanely hard really quick. (large area, so many connections to think about and many possibilities to mess up)

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Just got an email from Obsidian with a survey about a collector's edition of the game and they asked for a short video on why I became a backer...I'm gonna assume they're getting ready to kickstart PoE2.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's basically color matching puzzler that gets insanely hard really quick. (large area, so many connections to think about and many possibilities to mess up)
Yeah it seems like it'd get convoluted pretty quickly.

I just read the store page and I'm sold, lol.

• Pretty Fun Gameplay (it's all right)
  • No Filler - A Veritable Infinity of Meticulously Definitely Handcrafted TRIANGLES
  • Over 1.74 x 10^26 Possible Levels (all definitely handcrafted)
  • Color
  • An Inscrutable Three-Pronged Scoring System
  • A 'Happy Sounds' Option (woohoo!)
  • A 'Colorblind' Option if You Are Colorblind (it's not great tbh)
  • A Cool Film Grain Effect
  • A Cool Tiled TRIANGLE Background Effect
  • Also there are Achievements

Just got an email from Obsidian with a survey about a collector's edition of the game and they asked for a short video on why I became a backer...I'm gonna assume they're getting ready to kickstart PoE2.
That's pretty exciting. I'm a little disappointed that Chris Avellone won't be working on it anymore.

Erekiddo

So I kickstarted the regular edition of Yooka-Laylee and didn't get ToyBox+ cause I didn't pledge enough.

People who pre-order get ToyBox+.

I feel a little assed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom