• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Did some online races in GTAV and man, why don't I play more racing games? That was a blast. Best bit was getting revenge on someone trying to bump me off and then advancing 2 places off of that.

Any good racing game recs? I don't have a wheel but I do have a Steam controller.

Forza Horizon 3 and Dirt Rally are those which do stick out to me. The former also just got a snow expansion.

Tizoc

Did some online races in GTAV and man, why don't I play more racing games? That was a blast. Best bit was getting revenge on someone trying to bump me off and then advancing 2 places off of that.

Any good racing game recs? I don't have a wheel but I do have a Steam controller.
The crew
Sonic and all stars racing transformed
Nfs hot pursuit 2010

Off the top of my head :x

Grabbed Sir you are being hunted from Bundle Stars for $0.49 because why the fuck not? I don't even know what it is, but I kept seeing it and for that price, wow.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS DIAMOND EDITION GOG -- MB-2621C6169DF2B703 - Taken by Goldensun_it. 1 entrants total.

t1481710967z1.png
Enjoy.

Coreda

Easy enough to avoid, that: "Only Update This Game When I Launch It", and make sure you don't launch it in online mode.

Found a way around this issue: open Steam in offline mode but rather than launch via the client launch the game executable directly from Explorer. So long as Steam is detected and in offline mode in the background the game will launch. Have only tried this with one game but I'd imagine it's the same for all.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is stardew valley an interesting game or a boring game

Have you played Harvest Moon before and did you enjoy it? Stardew Valley is basically a really good Harvest Moon game. I've been holding out really delving into it for them to eventually add in online co-op though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do I open Steam in offline mode?

Switching to Offline Mode is a simple matter of clicking "Steam" in the upper-left-hand corner and selecting "Go Offline". If you want Steam to default to Offline Mode, though, so that it doesn't try to reconnect after a restart, do this.

Pachimari

I'm following this guide to fix Modern Warfare HD:

Launch steam offline

Load game

Cancel the shader ♥♥♥♥

Make sure gfx are on low

Restart pc normally

Play the game

But it still doesn't wanna run in offline mode. Do I really need to restart my PC in safe mode with no network as well?

Pachimari

Pachimari

I do wonder if Digimon will release on Steam. I want to buy the PS4 version but I'm holding out hope for a Steam one. Some companies release schedule makes it really hard to decide.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Have you played Harvest Moon before and did you enjoy it? Stardew Valley is basically a really good Harvest Moon game. I've been holding out really delving into it for them to eventually add in online co-op though.

Well I only played one (the GC game), and I played the early days before ignoring it

A very interesting game. It's so much more than just an agriculture RPG. That it released at all, let alone is goty-tier, is truly remarkable.

Definitely play it if you're at all inclined.
Slow start (not FFXIII slow, just give it a few in game days) and then it'll grab you by the balls. Or whatever bits you have. There will be grabbing.

Hmm okay, I'll see if I can nab it this holiday.

I do wonder if Digimon will release on Steam. I want to buy the PS4 version but I'm holding out hope for a Steam one. Some companies release schedule makes it really hard to decide.

I heard NO is a casualized DW1

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I feel like I should be able to find this information on my own easy enough, but I'm feeling lazy.

What are the rules for this years SteamGAF GOTYs?

No DLC
No Early Access
No Episodic Games Where More Than Half The Episodes Don't Come Out This Year
No Remakes or Remasters
No Ports Of Old Console Games...?
No Blizzard or Riot Games For Some Reason

So, Blood and Wine is out because it's DLC, Divinity: OS 2 is out because it's Early Access, HITMAN and Batman: Telltale are in but if a game like them managed to have it's release schedule split between two years it'd be questionable, the Bioshock and Skyrim remasters are out, annnnd...Dragon's Dogma is in? I can't remember if DD:D Arisen qualifies or not. Maybe that was more a discussion about how worthwhile it is to vote for old console ports.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Ah crap, I had seen that Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite game a few times on Steam from popular releases and recommended for me, but I kept on thinking I saw Saya from Saya no Uta without looking deeper but told myself that couldn't be it, but it was actually Saya from Saya no Uta as a playable character! I admit, that instantly made me more interested.

Also Saya no Uta needs to come to Steam already,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom