• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm on Chariot's list. Like 6 times, in fact. Not sure what I did. I'm certainly not a moocher. I rarely enter giveaways and usually do a lot of giveaways myself.

Miguel81

I'm on Chariot's list. Twice, in fact. Not sure what I did. I'm certainly not a moocher. I rarely enter giveaways and usually do a lot of giveaways myself.

Have you any unclaimed games that you won? I'm just wondering why that list has so many people, and if that's a reason for it.

Chariot

What a brutal list on christmas day!

2014-12-25_1840.png

O.O
tumblr_m8jvry5OHO1rpwaqo.gif

I'm on Chariot's list. Twice, in fact. Not sure what I did. I'm certainly not a moocher. I rarely enter giveaways and usually do a lot of giveaways myself.
Ok, I really need to write a note on that post.

I didn't pick everyone personally and some even twice because I hate them especially. I copy and pasted the poster lists of two Steam OTs and deleted names that looked familiar. I overlooked a lot that are actually good users and I even overlooked a lot that I actually know and just didn't saw. Don't take it to heart. I don't hate you. In the worst case I just don't know you yet. But we could know each other over a glass of wine.

Pupo

Ok, I really need to write a note on that post.

I didn't pick everyone personally and some even twice because I hate them especially. I copy and pasted the poster lists of two Steam OTs and deleted names that looked familiar. I overlooked a lot that are actually good users and I even overlooked a lot that I actually know and just didn't saw. Don't take it to heart. I don't hate you. In the worst case I just don't know you yet. But we could know each other over a glass of wine.

Don't worry, I know you're the best <3

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I actually wasn't on the blocklist, unless I'm on the community one (is that info open?), so maybe I should have gone for something.

Talisman Digital is one of the only Steam games I've bought so far this sale, and then I just got about 7 board and card games for Christmas. Got some serious boardgaming to do.

I did not get the physical copy of The Witcher Adventure Game though, so I'm pretty sure I'll pick up the Steam copy; I wonder if it could be a daily. I've in the middle of reading the novels right now, so I'm pretty nerd about it atm.

MRORANGE

PC Gaming Threads has been updated:

iOqL2H6ck2rvC.jpg

What is this thread about?
A reference list of all relevant PC threads and communities that are active on GAF.

How do I contribute?
You can submit or update a PC thread by posting it here (avoid gaming OT's, mod threads for a particular game are okay).

--------------- LIST OF THREADS ---------------

PC Hardware & Overclocking
I Need a New PC! 2014 Part 2
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread
Race Your PC Thread2 of Voiding Warranties
Lez talk mechanical keyboards
120/144Hz Thread of Lightboosting
PC Drivers for Xbox One controller
How to use your PS4 controller as a PC controller
Using Sixaxis on your PC
Official Headphone Thread
TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small
Alienware X51 Thread
21:9 Gaming Thread | That cinematic feel
Mayflash Wii U Pro Controller Adapter review
Wii U Pro Pad is now Windows & Mac compatible
Alienware Alpha first impressions and benchmarks

Mods and Enhancements
PC Performance Threads - A big thanks to blackMamba1187
GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!
Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better.
Downsampling for AMD Cards
iCEnhancer 3.0 for GTA4
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News
Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Discussion
TESIV: Oblivion Mod Guide
FXAA to all DX9 games
The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection
Source Mod Megathread
DOOM Franchise Community Thread
Deadly Premonition PC Fix
Vampire: The Masquerade Mods
Running PC games at 30Hz
Watch Dogs original graphical effects
Triple buffering: "Why we love it"
The Witcher 2: Extreme Quality Flora Mod
Crysis 2 - PC modding and tweaking
Deus Ex New Vision Graphical Overhaul
A3D (Aureal) wrapper
OpenRA C&C remaster project
The Thief Collection: Tweaks
Final Fantasy XIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Software & Tools
Let's Talk About Recording / Streaming Software
Pro Tips for PC Gaming (like a Pro)
Most useful PC applications
Mumble - Making Ventrilo and TeamSpeak Obsolete
Open Broadcaster Software: Stream Games Live on PC
LIMELIGHT | Stream PC games

Emulation
Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games
PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!
PPSSPP Emulation and Discussion Thread
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator
Nintendo DS Games in HD
RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game
Supermodel (Sega Model 3 Arcade Emulator)
3DS Emulator Citra Boots First Commercial Game

Gaming Communities & Recommendations
Indie Games 2014
Introduction to MOBAs
PC Racing Sim Thread
Point n Click Adventure GAF 2014
Life of MMo gamers
Recommended GOG Games
"I'm new to PC games, what should I get..."

Screenshots and User Content
2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread
2013 PC Bullshot thread
2014 Game GIF Thread
Show off that gaming PC
2014 Screenshot Art Thread of Artificial Concept Art
PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread

Steam
Steam Thread
Steam Trading | Games/Cards/Keys/Money/Items
GAF Steam ID List
Steam Greenlight
Custom Steam icons for Grid View
Idle Master Thread - Get your Steam Trading Cards the Easy Way
Neogaf Games Night |OT| We actually play games
Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
SteamOS
Steam Family Sharing Thread
GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread
Steam In-home Streaming Beta
Steam Universe (beta) videos, impressions

Other Digital Download Services
GOG Thread
Green Man Gaming Thread
Origin Thread
Ubisoft Uplay Thread
GFWL Thread

Development Scene
Oculus Rift - Dev Kit Discussion
Oculus Rift Development Kit 2
Indie Game Development Discussion Thread
GAF Learns - Unity [Game Engine]
Unreal Engine 4 Thread
Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha builds -> You can play and test it for free.
Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread
Fan made Shenmue HD project
Let's build a Sega Dreamcast game from scratch - Breakout

Misc*
Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Kickstarter Thread - 2014
Indie Bundle Thread
The Comprehensive PC Games Sales Figures Thread.
Playfire Rewards Discussion
Frame Latency - Why you should stop talking about FPS
Nvidia Shield Thread
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet
Old computer games you're pretty sure no one but you ever played
RPG Maker Game Competition
10 years later - Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 are back online!
PC gamers: What is the most comfortable desk chair ever?

Turfster

So basically, because the Team RED vidcard people have been jerking off and not delivering any 8gig cards to my suppliers, I'm now looking at a Team GREEN 4gig card.
Look at what you did, AMD

Merry Christmas & Other Holidays! I specifically wanted to give back to all of the generous modbotters with this one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Papers Please -- MB-BA2563ACD6E5AFC7 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 13 entrants total.

t1419563412z1.png

Kaleinc

Banned
So basically, because the Team RED vidcard people have been jerking off and not delivering any 8gig cards to my suppliers, I'm now looking at a Team GREEN 4gig card.
Ever played Age of Mythology? Whoever has Titan
Z
wins.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm not sure why people are still talking about it; there was just a single giveaway with hundreds of people on a blacklist.

Are you guys still upset about Chariot's blocklist? Chariot admited it was stupid and apologized for it. Just get over it.

I was late to the party, saw the link, and was curious. I wouldn't say I was upset, but people will generally assume they did something wrong if they're on a blocklist. It's best to figure out what that is, so as not to offend others.

Unclaimed stuff from two giveaways. Now here comes the home stretch for me:

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955066.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-6BC68CEEB4CEDD8D - Taken by ndawgdrake. 1 entrants total.
Tabletop Simulator -- MB-1A5615FC8DE80B73 - Taken by Speevy. 29 entrants total.
Consortium -- MB-A556A0456FD3F0B7 - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-C0AD7118C21090BB - Taken by RyanPierre. 5 entrants total.
Bit Trip Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-F477A97CAB1BEF9B - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
Toybox Turbos -- MB-40A2B3551C1D3874 - Taken by Phawx. 10 entrants total.

t1419563952z1.png

Chariot

Chariot dun goofed

Chariot really shot himself in the foot.

The Age of Chariot is over
lol. On the bright side it looks now like I was actually some shining figure of solitude before incident.
Are you guys still upset about Chariot's blocklist? Chariot admited it was stupid and apologized for it. Just get over it.
Well, not all people see my follow up posts and the focus post gets quoted every few pages again, so I can't blame them for not noticing. And I can certainly not blame them for feeling bad about it.

Mr. Doop

I was late to the party, saw the link, and was curious. I wouldn't say I was upset, but people will generally assume they did something wrong if they're on a blocklist. It's best to figure out what that is, so as not to offend others.

I just think it's stupid that people are still talking about this.

Sendou

Oh my god. I have seen some hiccups in Telltale's games I have played but this one takes the cake. Writing "You're" instead of "Your". Telltale, publicly apologize and fix this posthaste or you can kiss your business goodbye.

No, but really I enjoyed the first episode of Game of Thrones. I think it has some great potential. Didn't see the ending coming.

inm8num2

I thought you were talking about the Steam summer sale regarding red and green teams. :p

wilflare

I've joined Team Green, join us

(they will stock up on 8GB cards after you switch over)
like how they released Omega Drivers (downsampling) after I switched

Aww, I blocked so many good people. Ok, but this can be a good thing. Here's the list. I already sorted some out. Help me to clean the list of everyone cool. Then we can get a list out of it that can help to reject people who are not part of the community if anyone has the need for it for whatever reason.

I'm on the list 8(

I'm a Steam thread regular, I've just been busy. It's me, guys! I like Steam! I'm cool!

8(

EDIT: Noticing this way too late. Didn't realize it was all those pages back. Disregard!

Miguel81

Did you buy it @ GMG? I want to buy 4 but shouldn't we wait what Gaben will offer us?

With the 25% off voucher, I would just get it on GMG. Honestly, I've been making purchases everywhere but Steam. There's one title that I can't get anywhere else(Ys Origin), and I'm hoping for a price drop on that.

Edit: Origin has Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition for 9.99. Too bad about the 30fps(60 w/mod) My mistake, it does not include the base game.

chronomac

Had an extra key.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ittle Dew -- MB-3B3681A42511B02D - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 5 entrants total.

t1419556635z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom