• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

The obvious response is "If there's a price mistake!", but after GamersGate refunded everybody who bought Temple of Osiris and had the keys revoked, I think those days are over.

not really, no, that was price mistake and it was fixed fast.

Oh I see. I guess I'm buying through GMG. Thanks. :)

Now I just need This War of Mine (and possibly Borderlands 1), and will have gotten the games I primarily went for this sale.

I can't stop saying how much I love PC gaming since April.

Knurek

Final Fantasy XIII-2, it has to be it, there is no way around it, you even like XIII and 2 is a better game.
you know it's true (><)

OFyd36S.jpg

After the shitfest that was FFXIII port, I certainly won't buy XIII-2 until it hits &#8364;2.5

How old are we talking here? Would this be like, 3 years old or mid 90s PC game old?

I don't mean old as old game, but time that the game has been on steam.

Anything that has been on steam for more than 3-4 years should work great, the longer the game has been on steam, the more agressive the discount could be.

Mr. Doop

I don't mean old as old game, but time that the game has been on steam.

Anything that has been on steam for more than 3-4 years should work great, the longer the game has been on steam, the more agressive the discount could be.

That sounds like it could be great! I know I have a lot of old games I still haven't purchased.

Cerity

I probably won't be buying 13-2 or LR until they fix the frame rate, or they hit $5 in a bundle or something. I find it ridiculous I can play the game at 4k and have the same performance as if I'm playing it at 1080p.

Copons

Yay I just reached Steam level 20!

Surprisingly, I don't feel any different than before.

but at least Fotonica badge gave me the coolest background ever

Dr Dogg

Hmm, Game are cancelling Thief orders?

I got my key already but am at work, how boned am I?

Under the Sale of Goods Act and Distance Selling Regulations if you have been supplied a product and issued with a dispatch notice that forms an agreement to sell (or treat I think is the definition via online purchases). Of course that only covers us UK folks but if you got a key and they then cancel it you have a fair old bit of consumer protection on your side. They can happily cancel orders if you haven't been issued with a product yet as the T's & C's do state it's not a contract (Boots and M&S went through a few legal cases which birthed that disclaimer from every site selling stuff online now).

Yay I just reached Steam level 20!

Surprisingly, I don't feel any different than before.

but at least Fotonica badge gave me the coolest background ever

Yeah, I hit level 20 yesterday as well, and picked up a Shaundi background, who makes a suitable replacement for Joey the ghost. Not sure what I'll do with that second showcase on my profile, if anything - cause who looks at them, really?

Copons

Yeah, I hit level 20 yesterday as well, and picked up a Shaundi background, who makes a suitable replacement for Joey the ghost. Not sure what I'll do with that second showcase on my profile, if anything - cause who looks at them, really?

I went to edit my profile for that second showcase and after 5 minutes of blankly staring the list, I actually chose to remove the first too. :D

derExperte

Do any of you guys want to play Speedrunners multiplayer against me? :)

Me? Maybe not right now but add me on Steam. If you aren't by any chance an alt-account of Dunder, trying to fool more poor souls into playing against him and crushing their hopes and dreams.

I just watched 20 minutes of 2 Russian trying to load a single log into a truck on Spintires while some of the worst dubstep was playing in the background. What an interesting game, too bad about it not being worked on anymore. :(

Pachimari

Me? Maybe not right now but add me on Steam. If you aren't by any chance an alt-account of Dunder, trying to fool more poor souls into playing against him and crushing their hopes and dreams.

No I just started it up for the first time heh.

And it's super fun and addicting woah.

I stalk the hell outta everybody's profile.

I'll wait till the last day to be sure, but the Nancy Drew collection and the Popcap collection will be mine by the 2nd.

Milamber

Just had an early Xmas lunch with some of my friends families and gave some gifts to their kids. I realized keeping a bunch of random kids gifts in my car booth can save you in an awkward situation of sudden visits.

Anyways, I sure am glad I got the Walking Dead before it was removed. Too bad I didn't go for Family Guy and before that DeadPool. Oh well, here's hoping they will come back to the Marketplace someday.

Now time for a drink. More Xmas parties will be coming, the closer it gets to Xmas. Might as well finish the big case of Soju...

Just had an early Xmas lunch with some of my friends families and gave some gifts to their kids. I realized keeping a bunch of random kids gifts in my car booth can save you in an awkward situation of sudden visits.

Anyways, I sure am glad I got the Walking Dead before it was removed. Too bad I didn't go for Family Guy and before that DeadPool. Oh well, here's hoping they will come back to the Marketplace someday.

Now time for a drink. More Xmas parties will be coming, the closer it gets to Xmas. Might as well finish the big case of Soju...

I regret not getting those games too, specially Deadpool, but if Jase can live without Wheelman I guess I can too.

Champurrado tomorrow maybe. I never find time to do it >.<

Finished Murdered : Soul Suspect. No where near as bad as most said. It's a pretty short game as well which helped. Definitely a sub-$10 purchase.

I'm also 100% sure I missed a clue during the game and still managed to get all the achievements at the end. Not sure if the game felt sorry for me and didn't want me to replay it or what, but oh well.

derExperte

Wait what? Walking dead was removed from steam? Family guy too? How did I miss all those news

Good question since I commented on the news just a few posts above and found it by reading only two pages back. Don't become like those Gaming side dudes!!

Anyway, where do I find some fool who'll give me 50 keys for Family Guy?

Fast & Furious: Showdown is still available btw.

Chariot

I have a problem. I bought a gem sac (1000 gems), but I can't "unpack" it. It says there is only 1 gem in the pack, I need this to create 2 boosters pack :l
EDIT: Also Steam is in a strange language :l
No, it just asks you how many gem sacks you want to unpack. You still get 1,000 per sack. Just tried it myself.

Dr Dogg

Since you folks were chatting about GAME I went a had a look over there. They have an Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition (PS4 and XO only) for £169.99.

One Hundred and Sixty Nine Pounds Ninety Nine Pence for a video game.

Steelbook, tiny artbook, Comic book (might be downloadable) fluff DLC and a Batmobile Statue.

Not that it's my place to judge others who valve that but one it didn't cost anywhere near that much to produce and distribute and two it's another trumped up GAME 'exclusive' ie they paid a load of money to the distributor to have dibs on it to sell at an astronomical price with no competition.

I'm even a bit uneasy over my £26 order from Amazon because I'm half expecting to get a bum deal if a Collected Edition get's released.

MUnited83

For you.
Ahahaha,holy shit, I just called it some hours before it happened

I don't think Activision willl drop Transformers or Amazing Spider-Man licenses any time soon.

Now things like Korra, Family Guy, Fast and Furious, Walking Dead, Ice Age... those are the most likely to get dropped.

Milamber

Speaking of tablet games. SE dropped the price to 50% or more for all their FF's and SoM on iOS. Gonna grab me a FFT:WotL for the iPad for $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom