• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So guys, the overwhelmingly positive reviews in Eurotruck Sim 2 are not ironic right?
I thought it was ironic, then got the game, realized it wasn't, played it, and loved it. It is legit good.

Is there any way in settings that I can make free games visible in my library?

Because every time I uninstall free-to-play games, they are entirely removed from my list. I imagine they can be on the list without being installed?
I think that if you have bought an item or something of the sort, the game will stay in the library, otherwise F2P and Demos disappear from the library when uninstalled.

What?

Easy on the multi-quoting today, k?

Hurts the fucking eyes every time I see you post man
I can't help it, you can skip the post if you hate it so much :(

They are doing American Truck Simulator. I believe it's releasing in February 2015. I still recommend buying Euro Truck regardless of course :)
Oho, didn't know that. Awesome!

I can get Family Guy and Ice Age for under $5 each, but buying mediocre games for that much just to have them is making me hesitate.
Wait, where?
Also, is TWD: Survival Instinct there as well?

I hope they do Asia Truck Simulator next, specially Japan winding roads

4d5581c8070cb.image.jpg

No, could not find TWD:SI.

Kaleinc

Banned
If they hadn't people who bought it now would be angry when they announce it a few weeks later, I think they did the "right" thing, except for the crap of not getting the current PC version upgraded.

Go to hell Scamco.
They divided online so people will be angry anyway.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's pretty dope that we get both of the platform specific bonus mission in MGS Ground Zeroes. I wish all PC ports got this treatment.

The_Monk

It's pretty dope that we get both of the platform specific bonus mission in MGS Ground Zeroes. I wish all PC ports got this treatment.

This is good to know. When I first played the game only one was available but then they added the other mission as well.

Does the game also gave you the Pre-order DLC for the upcoming Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain by the way? I don't have the game on Steam so I don't know this.

zkylon

zkylewd
good morning people

couldn't sleep much so i woke up early

it's weird to wake up during a steam sale and everything be the same

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah. this format is a bit too toned down for me. I miss the chaos/clusterfuck of the summer sale.

As long as I can still make money buying gems and crafting boosters, I guess I'm ok.
i think it's cool that steam doesn't take over my life for like two weeks or whatever, but yeah, you kinda miss it

i said it already, i'm unpleasable

pahamrick

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, you have Divinity on #1.

On the other hand, I don't see Might & Magic X, Wasteland 2 or Shadowrun: Dragonfall on your list. And you seem to have a copy/paste error or something, I think I saw DA:I.

I have Divinity at #1 and Dragonfall at #3. :D

Don't have Wasteland 2, and I got Might and Magic X the day after I made my list and haven't played much. Of what I have played, I think I should have waited to finish my list.

Yeah.

Knurek

On the other hand, I don't see Might & Magic X, Wasteland 2 or Shadowrun: Dragonfall on your list. And you seem to have a copy/paste error or something, I think I saw DA:I.

It's amazing how many people ignore Might & Magic X just because it has Blight DRM... :\
Yet many of the same people happily embrace DA:I which has DRM up the wazoo, including the SSD destroying Denuvo...

Started up MGS5:GZ, even though I have read the in-game background story, I still have no idea what the hell is going on. Performance is super great though.
I'm conflicted. On the one hand, you have Divinity on #1.

lol

Durante

It's amazing how many people ignore Might & Magic X just because it has Blight DRM... :\
Yet many of the same people happily embrace DA:I which has DRM up the wazoo, including the SSD destroying Denuvo...
Well, I agree in principle, though I don't believe any of the Denuvo SSD claims.

And I don't think people necessarily ignored M&MX because of Uplay. They ignored it because they suck.

:p

Started up MGS5:GZ, even though I have read the in-game background story, I still have no idea what the hell is going on. Performance is super great though.
lol

Starting MGSGZ with no knowledge of the series is kinda like starting Lord of the Rings with ROTK. You'll kinda get it, it looks nice, and the characters seem interesting but you're gonna mostly be lost.

You can kinda do a Big Boss run of MGS3->Peace Walker->MGSV and be fine, but most people will tell you that you need to go wayyyyyyyy back to MGS1 if you want to "get" metal gear.

The only one I haven't played is Peace Walker and I feel pretty lost so far.

Ground Zeroes is a direct sequel to Peace Walker and it doesn't even pretend it isn't. Within the first cutscene, it's talking about main characters from PW and assumes that you're coming to it with that knowledge in hand.

There are audio tapes in the menu that can help you catch up to what's going on, but really you're best served playing PW. I recommend you play up to the credits, because past that is an endgame grind that is godawful and not worth it. I youtube'd that section, and then with the audio tapes in the main menu of GZ i felt up to speed with the story.

Starting MGSGZ with no knowledge of the series is kinda like starting Lord of the Rings with ROTK. You'll kinda get it, it looks nice, and the characters seem interesting but you're gonna mostly be lost.

You can kinda do a Big Boss run of MGS3->Peace Walker->MGSV and be fine, but most people will tell you that you need to go wayyyyyyyy back to MGS1 if you want to "get" metal gear.

I have Peace Walker HD sitting here but never got around to it. I should probably play it before starting GZ

That's the one this one directly transitions from. The characters at play, aside from Skullface (why did MG games start getting really, really bad with their names (Hot Coldman!?) instead of just bad) are developed in Peace Walker.

Nordicus

So I'm playing this month old story-focused diablo-clone Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, and it's somewhat amusing how cut-throat the main character is. By the way, he's a soul-devouring demon basically forced to save the world(?) from a bigger evil

He's a charmer
By the way, this game has a Soul Reaver-esque spectral world and mortal world switching

AHA-Lambda

The only thing you know about GZ is
Big Boss had a love story with Paz, doing savage sex under a box during extra op 67 in Peace Walker. The he got enrage and start the assault toward Camp Omega looking for revenge.

Worst part is, knowing Kojima, I can't tell if you're serious or not...

Dr Dogg

I was thinking the other day what with countless 'My X Favourite things of the Year' threads that I'm surprised no one thought about a PC Port of the Year thread. Then I realised where I was and some of the loopy views normally expressed on the subject. That and it would descend into madness, it's about praising not slagging off and it's sometimes hard to explain to others why one aspect of one port is more commendable than another especially when taken in the context of what it's trying to do and ultimately achieves.

Miguel81

We're just gonna need that Legacy Collection on Steam. Missed out on Peace Walker, but have a lot of experience with the series before that and I couldn't imagine going in to TPP totally blind.

Milamber

Someone just has to tell Kojima that if his company wants easy money with little work, they can just port the entire series to PC in HD. They can also throw it at the Xbone/PS4 too.

Im being really good this sale.....

When there are slim pickings on the first day, you got no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom