• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

How is Doorkickers? I kinda want it, but the pictures make it seem like a ported tablet game.
It's super fun!
The thing is that you can make a plan and finish the mission in seconds without doing anything further. Usually that won't work, the placement of some enemies are random and you have to adjust the actions of your guys to not getting them slaughtered. Since the missions themselves are often only seconds long it is a lot of fun to adjust tactics and placement of your strike force. Worth every penny.

Oh well, both were licensed games and made by Activision so what was bound to happen.

fhyhh.jpg

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Steam 2014 - 66% is the new 75%
Pretty much :(

Broforce: Yay or Nay?

I'm hesitant 'cos it's an Early Access game.
Yay, use the Alienware code for an extra 25% off.

No way.

FFX was the original 40 hour corridor.
FFXII had all of my characters being completely interchangeable and there's no real personalities or abilities; also, the story might as well have been Final Fantasy: C-Span.
At least FFX is fun.
And although I didn't care much for many of the characters in XII, it's still a far better game overall.

You've jumped off the deep end.
#dead

Thanks for the reminder, everyone should be using it! (as long as keys are available)

I asked myself before if there is even a single person who does that. There probably is.
There are 7 billion people on the planet, there is always someone :p

When will Amazon's winter deals go up? I wanna get Garden Warfare for dirt cheap already.
Some Squeenix deals and a couple of others are up, not sure if it'll have a "proper" sale though.

I take it that means that modbot's linked to the other thread? Explains what happened, I guess.

I feel like I'm probably missing stuff by not reading the sale thread, but I'll stick to just reading this one for now, I'll just use the thread url rule until the sale thread closes.

The other thread has a nice OP, though.
That would make sense actually
but it's funnier to imply Modbot's sentience

How's ridge racer unbounded?
$2.49 good
or
$2.49 bad?
I haven't got it yet, but I'd go for the complete pack, as it has all the DLC for $3.74

WHY ARE THE METAL GEAR GAMES WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS IN THE LIBRARY?
Because it stars Jack Bauer?
Be glad it doesn't say "DAMMIT CHLOE!"

Could be worse, they could go the full-width route:

METAL GEAR SOLID® V™: GROUND ZEROES™ | TACTICAL™ ESPIONAGE™ OPERATIONS®
FTFY

I've cleared out 4 games this month from my steam pile, surprisingly productive, in terms of gaming. Beat TEW, FFXIII, The Darkness 2 and Killer is Dead.

And my steam feed is filled with purchases of ground zeroes and revengeance haha, liking it.
Such a shame, imagine all the actually good games you could have cleared instead of that.

Wow Mokoi, thanks for the gift!

That's why you use Nicknames. That way you'll never forget who it was.
Yeah, more people should definitely use the nicknames feature, it's so useful.

DUDE! TELL ME IF SKYRIM WILL GO ON SALE TOMORROW AT 75% OFF NOW! IS SKYRIM A GOOD DEAL FOR MY MONEY? WILL I LIKE IT EVEN THOUGH I DON'T TELL YOU WHAT MY PREFERENCES ARE? I GOT ONLY $10 DUDE, AND CAN THIS LAST ME THE ENTIRE SALE? I'M GONNA BUY SKYRIM NOW BECAUSE I WANT IT AND CAN I COMPLAIN TO YOU WHEN IT BECOMES CHEAPER TOMORROW? WHAT DO YOU MEAN WAIT FOR DAILIES? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE I BOUGHT THEM! I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD, YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST TOLD ME! HEY DUDE IS THERE ANY CHANCE SKYRIM WILL GO DOWN IN PRICE AFTER TOMORROW? HEY THIS GAME IS A DAILY BUT I'M NOT SURE IF I WANT TO BUY IT NOW, WILL IT BE A DAILY AGAIN? HEY, WHAT TIME IS THE NEXT DAILY? ALSO WHAT TIME IS THE NEXT FLASH SALE? WILL SKYRIM BE ON IT?
#dead

Wow, that's actually very accurate.
Almost, just replace Skyrim with Borderlands and "ENTIRE THREAD" with OP and it's perfect.

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct was removed from store few mininutes ago.
Family Guy and The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct have bit the dust.
WHAT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have three Family Guy + DLC spares and three Walking Dead + DLC spares sitting in my inventory. Most spare hoarders don't think to stock up on DLC so they'll be worth a pretty penny in due time.
Would you be willing to part with one of the TWD for a reasonable price? I'd rather not pay the $40 amazon demands D:

The obvious response is "If there's a price mistake!", but after GamersGate refunded everybody who bought Temple of Osiris and had the keys revoked, I think those days are over.
I have never got the chance to take advantage of a GG price error :(

I've got pare gifts of TWD and FG but forgot to buy Ice Age last time it was cheap even though I wanted to. :(

Gonna buy Doorkickers and Defense Grid 2 to drown my anger.
It's 7.99 on amazon, get it there if you plan to just add it to your library instead of keeping for trade.

Ahahaha,holy shit, I just called it some hours before it happened
You jinxed it dammit ;_;

Vazduh

Looks like there are some games on the market without region lock & acrtag, like Space Engineers, Broforce, Particulars, SpeedRunners (ru trader posted this). Broforce is ~2.5$

Corpekata

Banned
How is Doorkickers? I kinda want it, but the pictures make it seem like a ported tablet game.

It's great. It is pretty ugly and I wouldn't doubt it if a mobile version is planned (or it started as one) but it makes great use of a lot of precision mouse stuff that would be a pain on a tablet.

There was a similar game, Breach and Clear, that IS clearly designed for tablets (much smaller areas, not as much precision) that you may be conflating it with.

MUnited83

For you.
Looks like there are some games on the market without region lock & acrtag, like Space Engineers, Broforce, Particulars, SpeedRunners (ru trader posted this). Broforce with that 25% coupon is ~2.5$

Yeah, that's because of the 4packs. The copies spawned from a 4pack are region free

The_Monk

The previous two received extremely unfavorable reviews, so you are not missing out.

Yes, I guess it's just a bigger loss for those that like collecting them. ;)

Now for some reason I remembered that image from Jase's Inventory with lot's of games of Pat & Mat (or something similar?) Hehe.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nope. Game is legit awesome.
I haven't played it, but from what I've heard, people legitimately like the game and call it one of the good sim games.

All right then, if GAF says so. Should I get all the DLCs?

They aren't ironic Its really good but its a simulator. Don't expect trucking Micheal Bay style.

Hahahah of course lol

Still, it's less of a managerial sim and more of an actual driving sim right? Can I go off-course?

MUnited83

For you.
All right then, if GAF says so. Should I get all the DLCs?

Hahahah of course lol

Still, it's less of a managerial sim and more of an actual driving sim right? Can I go off-course?

You only need the Gold Bundle, which comes wiht the base game + expansion. Everything else is cosmetic, except for High Power Cargo Pack which gives you some new kinds of cargo to transport.

I still have Dark Souls II in my Cart, but I heard something about a new version coming out so I think I will need to be strong and not give in.

I saw it and I felt tempted too, but the Scholar of the First Sin version is coming soon, so I'd rather wait, money saved!

Namco shot themselves in the leg announcing SOTFS so early.

If they hadn't people who bought it now would be angry when they announce it a few weeks later, I think they did the "right" thing, except for the crap of not getting the current PC version upgraded.

Go to hell Scamco.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You should get Going East and the High Power Cargo Pack, the rest are Paint Job packs and not essential
You only need the Gold Bundle, which comes wiht the base game + expansion. Everything else is cosmetic, except for High Power Cargo Pack which gives you some new kinds of cargo to transport.

All right.

But now I worry if there's gonna be EuroTruck 3

This thread title...

cTHSJRq.gif

As for the sale, I really preferred voting multiple times a day. It felt more engaging. This is closer to a GMG sale. The fact that the card money just isn't there hasn't helped, either.

If they hadn't people who bought it now would be angry when they announce it a few weeks later, I think they did the "right" thing, except for the crap of not getting the current PC version upgraded.

Go to hell Scamco.

Yeah, it's not the best way to go about it but everyone and their mother knew they were going to do some sort of upgraded version of DS2 down the line. It's the reason i held out and i'll wait till the new DS2 is cheap to get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom