• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

It's amazing how many people ignore Might & Magic X just because it has Blight DRM... :\
Yet many of the same people happily embrace DA:I which has DRM up the wazoo, including the SSD destroying Denuvo...

I kept missing deals on Might & Magic X. Finally I just said screw it and acquired it via keys by getting the Might & Magic franchise collection.

It's -really- good, more people need to play it.

The Time Mysteries games are imo their worst series.

e4Gwyrj.jpg

It can only get better.

Knurek

I kept missing deals on Might & Magic X. Finally I just said screw it and acquired it via keys by getting the Might & Magic franchise collection.

It's -really- good, more people need to play it.

I loved-loved-loved the game up until you reach the last city - the challenge went down the drain at about that time, as most of the fights afterwards resorted to spamming best spells.
Maybe because I played on the easy difficulty level, don't know.
Also the final boss 'fight' is beyond annoying.
Great game nevertheless. Such a pity Ubi didn't greenlight the sequel. :\

Starting MGSGZ with no knowledge of the series is kinda like starting Lord of the Rings with ROTK. You'll kinda get it, it looks nice, and the characters seem interesting but you're gonna mostly be lost.

You can kinda do a Big Boss run of MGS3->Peace Walker->MGSV and be fine, but most people will tell you that you need to go wayyyyyyyy back to MGS1 if you want to "get" metal gear.

Ground Zeroes is a direct sequel to Peace Walker and it doesn't even pretend it isn't. Within the first cutscene, it's talking about main characters from PW and assumes that you're coming to it with that knowledge in hand.

There are audio tapes in the menu that can help you catch up to what's going on, but really you're best served playing PW. I recommend you play up to the credits, because past that is an endgame grind that is godawful and not worth it. I youtube'd that section, and then with the audio tapes in the main menu of GZ i felt up to speed with the story.
Did a bit of googling, and I saw this "Chico is Quiet theory", wat? This is like Game of Thrones level of stupid fan theories.

Did a bit of googling, and I saw this "Chico is Quiet theory", wat? This is like Game of Thrones level of stupid fan theories.

here's the thing: If you've played other MG games, it doesn't seem as crazy as that sounds. It actually sounds plausible. Because metal gear gets so batshit insane at times that a theory like that one suddenly becomes perfectly reasonable given the myraid madness that came before it.

I dont buy it, btw, but if it turns out to be true i'll be totally unsurprised.

Articalys

Asked this a little while ago, but didn't hear any response: with all trading card prices seemingly having dropped substantially due to the vast amount of cards that have now been and will continue to be generated by gem-created booster packs, is the card economy changed permanently or will it eventually start to trend upwards again as badges are gradually crafted?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Damn, the keys I bought a couple of days ago were hit by the trade restriction, I thought that was coming in a few days, not now... shit, guess amazon is really the only option I have for TWD :(

Haha, I had bought all four that I found. I can now tell you where you can purchase them for $10 each. :D
That would be nce, given that tey have gone up on tf2outpost already :p

good morning people

couldn't sleep much so i woke up early

it's weird to wake up during a steam sale and everything be the same
early?
Do you have night shifts? D:

Someone whose only game is Insecticide Part 1 with 0.0 hrs added me. Legit?
Yes, totally [not]

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
i'm unemployed and sort of a shit sleeper unless i'm really tired so i generally go to sleep at like 7 am
I totally get you, I'm like that when on vacation or not working :(
So in order to try and fix that and force myself a proper sleeping habit, what I started doing that has worked for me is setting up several alarms on the phone at different times with names like "Go to sleep", "go to sleep NOW" and "are you stupid?". By the third one I give up and go to bed XD

played mega coin squad , is a platformer where you have collect coins as fast as you can to beat the stages , single player is short since is focused in multiplayer but i had fun playing it

So in order to try and fix that and force myself a proper sleeping habit, what I started doing that has worked for me is setting up several alarms on the phone at different times with names like "Go to sleep", "go to sleep NOW" and "are you stupid?". By the third one I give up and go to bed XD

Lol I should set up are you stupid reminders for myself too

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's the fourth night of Hanukkah, which mean it's time for another giveaway. snack won yesterday's giveaway but did not send me a name for today. That's why i've chosen another title, recommended to me by PunishedSnake and ExoSoul. Thanks, guy's.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Deer God -- MB-C62CD8632635F36D - Taken by PunishedSnake. 65 entrants total.
Don't forget to choose a game for tomorrow's giveaway, see rules at original post.

t1419014147z1.png

A small reminder for the winner: Please PM me the name of the game you want to see in tomorrow's giveaway. One simple rule: It must be available on Steam for 10 Euro's or less. (since I still don't own a money tree)
If I don't receive a reccomendation in 24 hours, i'll get one of the titles some other nice Gaffers recommended or choose one myself.

Happy holiday's! :)

r3n4ud

played mega coin squad , is a platformer where you have collect coin as fast as you can to beat the stages , single player is short since is focused in multiplayer but i had fun playing it

I picked it up when it released and have to say I found coop pretty shallow. There was only a few different challenges and it got dull pretty quick. Not sure if they added upon the game since then though...

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i try dumb things like that but it never lasts

and even when offered more money for more hours i've always tried to keep my jobs part time

i'd rather wake up late and be poor than sleep 2 hours

Turfster

GetGames is doing a flash sale on Bethesda games, 66% off on Wolf:TNO, Dishonored GOTY, Skyrim Legendary & The Evil Within, 75% off Fallouts, Doom 3 BFG & Quake IV

ExoSoul

Banned
It's the fourth night of Hanukkah, which mean it's time for another giveaway. snack won yesterday's giveaway but did not send me a name for today. That's why i've chosen another title, recommended to me by PunishedSnake and ExoSoul. Thanks, guy's.

A small reminder for the winner: Please PM me the name of the game you want to see in tomorrow's giveaway. One simple rule: It must be available on Steam for 10 Euro's or less. (since I still don't own a money tree)
If I don't receive a reccomendation in 24 hours, i'll get one of the titles some other nice Gaffers recommended or choose one myself.

Happy holiday's! :)

Glad to help :)
Happy holidays everyone!

baterism

Asked this a little while ago, but didn't hear any response: with all trading card prices seemingly having dropped substantially due to the vast amount of cards that have now been and will continue to be generated by gem-created booster packs, is the card economy changed permanently or will it eventually start to trend upwards again as badges are gradually crafted?

Don't hold me for this, but I have a hunch the card price is going to crash and little hope to it to returned even on before auction price.. Booster price have been in constant decrease in value as creating booster using gem is cheaper. Winter sale 2014 card also going to be a lot lower in price than other sale cards as Steam user growing rapidly in number. There are simply too much gems out there and I'm not sure how much people want to increase their badge level.

Knurek

The Bank of Gaben

just some interesting reading material ;)

Well, Valve is a corporation, isn't it?
A corporation's only goal is to make money. Not to be the good guy for their clients, not to use common sense and certainly not to be ethical about it. Just make money.
If they can make more money being a good guy, using common sense and employing ethical practices, they will do so. Otherwise, well, they are a corporation.
Valve is as much your friend and mine as BP, Bank of America or Goldman-Sachs are.

The Bank of Gaben

just some interesting reading material ;)

pretty great, and while Valve Steam is the best/worst at this, it's systemic with most companies and industries. Your Steam balance is basically a scrip, which has been around for 150 years

Well, Valve is a corporation, isn't it?
A corporation's only goal is to make money. Not to be the good guy for their clients, not to use common sense and certainly not to be ethical about it. Just make money.
If they can make more money being a good guy, using common sense and employing ethical practices, they will do so. Otherwise, well, they are a corporation.
Valve is as much your friend and mine as BP, Bank of America or Goldman-Sachs are.

of course, but the method of Valves 'money making' is whats fascinating about the article. a company selling things isn't interesting. creating sub-systems of consumerism is interesting.

spare
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-2C36C500481456BA - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.

t1419005983z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Question is how high the demand really will be, I imagine more people than ever are hoarding Activision games nowadays.

People hoarded Deadpool as well and 1 year later its selling for >100$. The supply is finite but the demand will always exist because there will be always new people collecting games.

Mozendo

Very little experience of trading, market, and whatnot, but from my experience the price drops last during the sales and should return to normal a while after the sales end. Maybe.

I've made over $7 selling cards and other nonsense on steam in the last 24 hours. I wanted to thank the idle master himself, mr jshackles, and the fine folks hungry for random steam cards and tf2 items for partly funding my steam sales pickups.

derExperte

People hoarded Deadpool as well and 1 year later its selling for >100$. The supply is finite but the demand will always exist because there will be always new people collecting games.

Deadpool is a good game, has a more.... enthusiastic fanbase and was available for a really short time. I can see Walking Dead becoming somewhat expensive too eventually. But Ice Age?

2014 has been a poor year for gaming when GameSpots goty is Shadow of Mordor.

No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom