• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any good hidden gem stealth game suggestions? I've been itching for a stealth fix for awhile now... Missed the styx deal early in the sale, hoping to see it in the encore. Any other notable games of late?

Cerity

I REALLY want necrodancer but it being in EA is really offputting, guess I'll wait till it releases properly.

Lords of Xulima on the otherhand.

Anyone have any good hidden gem stealth game suggestions? I've been itching for a stealth fix for awhile now... Missed the styx deal early in the sale, hoping to see it in the encore. Any other notable games of late?

State of Decay is not a stealth game as such but stealth smashing zombie brains into concrete is pretty satisfying :D. It was on sale a few days ago so it might come back on sale before the end. Worth considering anyway.

Saty

Had a weird bug with Idlemaster, idling for Cognition cards. Had one drop and then nothing. 12 hours later it said it was finished and moved to the next game. Still have 5 cards that didn't drop. Weird thing is that in the library it says i played the game for 12hrs but the badge page lists only 0.2 hours.

Is there a way to prevent Windows putting my PC into standby/sleep while Steam is downloading? Without completely disabling the auto-sleep function of Windows.

Sch1sm

Is there a way to prevent Windows putting my PC into standby/sleep while Steam is downloading? Without completely disabling the auto-sleep function of Windows.

Span Left > Settings > PC Settings > Power & Sleep. In Windows 8, at least.

E: If you have an Acer/Gateway it's as easy as hitting the battery icon and changing the battery profiles from there.

Span Left > Settings > PC Settings > Power & Sleep. In Windows 8, at least.

E: If you have an Acer/Gateway it's as easy as hitting the battery icon and changing the battery profiles from there.

I know about those settings, but they only allow me to specify a time period before the PC sleeps or disable it, which I said I want to avoid. There are many programs (for example BitTorrent clients) that keep Windows awake when they have downloads active. Steam doesn't seem to have that option.

Sch1sm

I know about those settings, but they only allow me to specify a time period before the PC sleeps or disable it, which I said I want to avoid. There are many programs (for example BitTorrent clients) that keep Windows awake when they have downloads active. Steam doesn't seem to have that option.

Woop. My bad. 2:30 AM. Time to sleep. Try the app Coffee.

1404 doesn't have Tages anymore, not sure about 2070. It seems to have SolidShield according to this site.

Quoting JaseC from the other thread. Yeah.
As of this past April, the Steam versions of Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery no longer use TAGES after yours truly convinced Ubi to patch them, roughly three years after they were pulled precisely because Ubi didn't update them. They're actually DRM-free, in every sense of the phrase.

Just to clear up any potential misunderstanding, I was supposed to say "Anno 1404" rather than "Anno" -- 2070 still uses TAGES, unfortunately.

Quoting JaseC from the other thread. Yeah.
Activation limit is much worse than always online IMO. You can play once your internet goes up with online DRM, but with activation DRM you'll forever lose your ability to play when you used them all up(whether from hardware malfunction to forgetting to deactivate), and publishers don't give activations back most of the time.

autoduelist

Had a weird bug with Idlemaster, idling for Cognition cards. Had one drop and then nothing. 12 hours later it said it was finished and moved to the next game. Still have 5 cards that didn't drop. Weird thing is that in the library it says i played the game for 12hrs but the badge page lists only 0.2 hours.

Idlemaster didn't drop any cards for me for several hours (like... 3-5, can't remember) earlier today. Maybe steam had some sort of dropping issue, nothing idlemaster related, we just happened to 'notice' due to it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

That's pretty strange. If your badge page doesn't show your play time it means your in-game time wasn't being tracked by Steam properly (resulting in no card drops). 12 hours makes sense because that's the amount of time Idle Master will wait for a game to drop all of it's cards before giving up and moving on to the next game. It's kind of a built in sanity check so that it won't try to idle the same game for weeks on end (in case you leave it on while going on vacation or something). There are actually games that take almost that long to drop their cards which is why it's not something more reasonable like 3-4 hours.

Idlemaster didn't drop any cards for me for several hours (like... 3-5, can't remember) earlier today. Maybe steam had some sort of dropping issue, nothing idlemaster related, we just happened to 'notice' due to it.

Yeah, definitely gotta be a bug in how Steam was tracking playtime. Idle Master looks at the badges page (not your profile or anything else) so if the badges page says there are still cards to be dropped, it'll keep on idling until it doesn't (or 12 hours, whichever comes first)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Am I high or has Enslaved been cheaper than five bucks at some point?

There was a span of time where you could apply $2.50 worth of Amazon credit to games that were on sale for $5. Dark Souls, Enslaved, and Marlow Briggs were some of them. It was a coupon deal? A voucher deal? I don't remember.

Arthea

Dark side totally wants me over there permanently,
I didn't plan to buy it this sale, but that discount... how to resist?

There was a span of time where you could apply $2.50 worth of Amazon credit to games that were on sale for $5. Dark Souls, Enslaved, and Marlow Briggs were some of them. It was a coupon deal? A voucher deal? I don't remember.

It was "Buy a game, get a voucher of 5 dollars later". And Enslaved was bundled with another game that was region locked to US

Oh yeah and ATTN: You who have lower end rigs and want to buy Enslaved: Don't, it's completely broken on lower settings: certain events require things like walls breaking which never happen on lower settings because walls don't have any physics attached.

Arthea

Like, favoritest ARPG's of all time on any platform?
Or just on PC?

ya, I had in mind on PC, and not only well known ones, but some that are overlooked or not talked about enough, like Shadows, Heretic Kingdoms, meaning newish ones.
I still hope someone played all FATE games and can give opinion on newer ones.

Sajjaja

I hope you all bought Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare from Origin. Best thing on sale during the Winter Sale. It's on sale for the next 5 hours at 75% off. Get it, it's great.

dex3108

I hope you all bought Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare from Origin. Best thing on sale during the Winter Sale. It's on sale for the next 5 hours at 75% off. Get it, it's great.

Yeap pure fun :D But Origin In Game overlay doesn't work if Raptr is running in background and i hate that.

Deques

I can buy from Origin using Hola? It's cheaper in the Mexico store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom