• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Doop

I can wait these 7 days.
ibstxTCQqXJ7Iz.gif

It could always be less than 7, but now I'm just being optimistic.

Megauap

I hope super time force wins, if it does that might be the only game I get this steam sale from the looks of it. What's everyone's damage so far? For me its:

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Dragon Age 2

Both of them were from nuuvem and cost me about $8 and some change. I also got a gift, The Wolf Among Us from one of my GAF bros <3. Oh, I also got LBP3 for $25 from slickdeals or w/e(it was a thread on the gaming side) just for the hell of it my brother's damage is only Castlevana 2 from nuuvem also(about $5 and change).

You won't regret buying that Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, I have already spent 70 hours in it and I still have things left to do :D

You won't regret buying that Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, I have already spent 70 hours in it and I still have things left to do :D
Oh I know, I bought it mainly for the dlc since I already got the vanilla game. I'm playing awakening ATM, my only disappointment so far is I don't got my doggie :( and that I miss my team from origins lol

should i use the restoration patch in if my heart had wings or just play the game like it is in steam??

Read the guides page first of the game to apply it properly on your computer, AND KEEP A BACKUP OF THE GAME. I've learned it the hard way and had to redownload it. If it works, a better translation + h scenes will be your fruits. But if for some reason it does not work like in my case, atleast you have a working backup and can reinstall it.

So far I've finished one route this evening and didn't mind the missing h scenes. Some grammatical errors bug me sometimes though. Currently working on another girl's route now.

Kanhir

Ho ho ho.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kanhir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Thief Gold -- MB-78CCD75C39744F3F
Bit Trip Runner -- MB-848829066AA33784 - Taken by Nyteshade517
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-77C14A315959CC43

Kyougar

Please guys, sell me on Xiluma.

- grinding or 100 hour gameplay no problem
- turn based isometric is also a plus
- but I have a massive backlog, whats the likelihood of going into a sale the next months above 50%? Such niche games mostly get 1 shot at the steam sale

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Please guys, sell me on Xiluma.

- grinding or 100 hour gameplay no problem
- turn based isometric is also a plus
- but I have a massive backlog, whats the likelihood of going into a sale the next months above 50%? Such niche games mostly get 1 shot at the steam sale

If you have other stuff to play then just wait -- remember that devs can set their own discount periods these days.

Maniac

Banned
Hey guys, I just had a brand new idea for a contest.

What if you guessed one of the flash sales that will occur at 1:00 AM EST, and I bought it for you?

What if you only had one guess, and couldn't edit your post?

What if the first person to guess a game won the contest in case there were multiple good guessers?

Also, what if I ended such a contest at 12:45 AM. Wouldn't that be fair?

Yeah...what about...that?
Age of Empires 2 HD.

Valve, PLEASE.

I'm patiently waiting for the lone hamster running capcom support to activate my keys for the Dark Void games. How steam allows capcom to sell games that cannot be played without contacting capcom support is kinda mind blowing

But hey, at least bionic commando works just fine.

Parsnip

I'm patiently waiting for the lone hamster running capcom support to activate my keys for the Dark Void games. How steam allows capcom to sell games that cannot be played without contacting capcom support is kinda mind blowing

But hey, at least bionic commando works just fine.

Wait, what?

Parsnip

Both games use SecuROM and the keys Capcom gave Valve have to be activated manually at the former's end as they're invalid.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45710/discussions/0/613938575205537267/

Seems the current keys given for the Dark Void games are not registered on the securom's servers. The only solution is to contact capcom with proof of purchase and your key and to have them activate it on their end. Can take several days for them to do that, too.

It's fucking shitty.

Oh wow, that blows.

Parsnip

Hello Initiates,

We have taken the decision to place AC Initiates in a continued state of maintenance during the holiday period.

The reasoning for this is to minimize the effect from outages to your experience during this time, as well as to allow us work on ensuring the technical stability of the platform.

Although AC Initiates will be in maintenance and thus unavailable to access via the web or console browsers, all gold Initiates chests are now unlocked in game for online players. You will receive an in game error message when attempting to access the ACI website from in-game due to the maintenance. This is expected behaviour, and will be addressed in a future update. However, you will have unrestricted access to all the chests with the golden ACI crest and the rewards within them.

Please note that you won't be able to access the gold Initiates chests if you are playing offline.

Finally, we want to thank you for your continued passion and feedback. We hope you have a pleasant holiday period.

The AC Initiates team.
I guess that's one way to solve the broken mess that the whole initiates platform has been. Unless I'm misremembering, they did the same with some equipment that was originally locked behind some club activities or something. What a mess.

It's such a Capcom thing to do. ;)

Classic Capcom, those knuckleheads.

Why isn't it fun? I think it looks pretty cool.
Graphically it looks great but gameplay is not fun, it's hard to explain but timings on attacks feel off, game doesn't control fluidly enough, it's like too slow because animation transitions are inexistant or too long.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why isn't it fun? I think it looks pretty cool.

Ignore the one with the anime avatar. Listen to the Sexy Tengu Girl and vote Abyss Odyssey.(Be hypnotized by the tongue)
e11ec994e4.gif

Graphically it looks great but gameplay is not fun, it's hard to explain but timings on attacks feel off, game doesn't control fluidly enough, it's like too slow because animation transitions are inexistant or too long.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

The thing that was odd was the turning and that was patch to turn faster. Sure the game at first feels odd but once it clicks the game controls just fine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess that's one way to solve the broken mess that the whole initiates platform has been. Unless I'm misremembering, they did the same with some equipment that was originally locked behind some club activities or something. What a mess.

The whole Initiates meta-game should be taken out the back and shot. Thank god Unity's completion tracker doesn't take those chests into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom