• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool the latest Kings Bounty at 75% was one of the things ive been expecting the most for awhile now

Monooboe

I hope you all bought Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare from Origin. Best thing on sale during the Winter Sale. It's on sale for the next 5 hours at 75% off. Get it, it's great.

Got it from Origin Mexico using Hola, first time and it worked flawlessly.:D Now if they could have Titanfall cheap I would be a happy man.:D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Origin doesn't ban or whatever when you buy using VPN to get cheaper prices. Do it.

EA did cancel and refund some cross-region-purchased copies of DA:I, though. I think the days of being able to easily buy from the store of another region are coming to a close.

What's different in the premium edition of KB Dark Side from the regular? And why is it cheaper?

Nevermind, found it

Premium edition includes Dark Side Cookies bonus DLC that features:

Clot of Darkness amulet providing bonus to money and experience
Two additional locations
Over a dozen additional quests and a new unit

Arthea

What's different in the premium edition of KB Dark Side from the regular? And why is it cheaper?

premium edition includes:
Clot of Darkness amulet providing bonus to money and experience
Two additional locations
Over a dozen additional quests and a new unit

and yeah, santa is real on this one.

edited: steam gives rather bad download speed atm, and I thought it's not busy time.
edit2: I take that back, it suddenly improved dramatically, complaining on gaf totally works, it's true.

redlacs

next time you will feel like watching a movie rather than playing something, screw the movie, play Brothers instead. its very linear but thats hardly a bad thing in this case.
too bad screens dont do it much justice. the game has benches on various places to enjoy the scenery for a reason though.

2014_12_27_00019.jpg

took me only single 4 hour session to finish it but i'd still push this into my top 5 this year.
edit: only now noticed a warning it was designed specifically for controllers, but it played nicely all the way even with keyboard

btw if you already enjoyed this and somehow missed Papo & Yo, make sure to check it out too. its not the same of course but it has lot of similar charm and definitely also worth playing.

cicero

A few things:
haha, never stop going big.

What are the games you guys are looking for the most on the sales that have not been daily or you missed?

Distant Worlds: Universe
Divinity: Original Sin
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VIII
Dawn of Discovery Gold....
Desktop Dungeons
Xenonauts
Hexcells Complete Pack
Child of Light
Classic War Pack by Night Dive Studios
Basically anything by Slitherine Ltd. except for Panzer Corp which I already picked up.

dex3108

EA did cancel and refund some cross-region-purchased copies of DA:I, though. I think the days of being able to easily buy from the store of another region are coming to a close.

I think that they don't care about cross-region purchases after 6 months from release.

Arthea

You better off getting Anno 1404 Gold gifted from EU GAF since Ubisoft have now twice forgotten to discount DoD Gold when it's part of a franchise pack sale, like it is right now.

I'm pretty sure Ubi aren't able to remember what DoD is, just like me (><)
That's why they can't discount it with franchise

I'm reading the Steam reviews right now and suggest you do the same, does not sound like a good fit for beginners at all. Also much grind which I hate.

Yea the advertised length of 100 hours is putting me off too. It sounds like something I'd enjoy but playing a game that long just drains you. Plus it's highly unlikely that it maintains it's quality over the duration.

Its name keeps coming up when people talk about the best PC games released this year but I don't know...

Pranay

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pranay_:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pranay_, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Into the Dark -- MB-08972A318269842E - Taken by ussjtrunks
Dracula 3 -- MB-FCFACFEFA3D05086
Dracula 2 -- MB-054D6D93EA5D0BCC
Scourge -- MB-7AEA1818B9BC476D - Taken by redlacs
Dracula -- MB-38B986DAFF10873F
The Cameron Files -- MB-60593CFC13431C7A - Taken by anastef
RIP -- MB-39322B60E870C8F2
Penguins Arena -- MB-27BB796098C1CC88

Zafir

Wasn't that just because people tried buying it from India, and the game got banned in India thus they cancelled and refunded all orders because of that, rather than skirting regions.

dex3108

I really don't know what happened. I started ME2 as always, Origin informed me that my cloud saves are not synchronised, i selected load local save because i know that that one is recent, game started and i only had New Game option. Also i had multiple manual saves not only autosaves and everything is gone now. I have found some old backup save but it is from early in game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't that just because people tried buying it from India, and the game got banned in India thus they cancelled and refunded all orders because of that, rather than skirting regions.

To a degree. I recall at least one person saying that he'd bought the game from the Mexican store.

Axass

Into the Dark -- MB-08972A318269842E - Taken by ussjtrunks
Dracula 3 -- MB-FCFACFEFA3D05086
Dracula 2 -- MB-054D6D93EA5D0BCC
Scourge -- MB-7AEA1818B9BC476D
Dracula -- MB-38B986DAFF10873F
The Cameron Files -- MB-60593CFC13431C7A
RIP -- MB-39322B60E870C8F2
Penguins Arena -- MB-27BB796098C1CC88

One of These Things is Not Like The Others

latest

dex3108

Thank God for GameSave Manager and OneDrive backup option. My Mass Effect 2 save backup was safe there from Origin :D Crisis averted!

It was never banned in India. EA preemptively decided not to sell it here because they thought it would be in violation of some truly medieval content laws. I bought the game from Origin Mexico and it still works fine. Same goes for everyone I know who bought it from there.

Zafir

It was never banned in India. EA preemptively decided not to sell it here because they thought it would be in violation of some truly medieval content laws. I bought the game from Origin Mexico and it still works fine. Same goes for everyone I know who bought it from there.

Ah right, I didn't look into detail, I just remember seeing a thread about it. I also got it from Mexico Origin and it was fine.

Pretty sure the cross-region trading shutdown has a big part to play in this thread calming down.

It's calm because there's a separate gaming side thread specifically to talk about the sale. The result is this thread is seeing almost no posts of the 'will this get any cheaper or should I buy it now' variety.

I, for one, am glad it's slowed down.

Well this is new. I tried to add something to my wishlist and got "Oops, sorry!" followed by the removal of the button. (It was The Dream Machine Chapter 4, btw. But Chapter 5 adds to the wishlist just fine, so...?) Not sure why it won't let me wishlist the game.

Axass

Well this is new. I tried to add something to my wishlist and got "Oops, sorry!" followed by the removal of the button. (It was The Dream Machine Chapter 4, btw. But Chapter 5 adds to the wishlist just fine, so...?) Not sure why it won't let me wishlist the game.

Happened to me a few days ago, it's just Steam being glitchy due to the high traffic.

I hope super time force wins, if it does that might be the only game I get this steam sale from the looks of it. What's everyone's damage so far? For me its:

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Dragon Age 2

Both of them were from nuuvem and cost me about $8 and some change. I also got a gift, The Wolf Among Us from one of my GAF bros <3. Oh, I also got LBP3 for $25 from slickdeals or w/e(it was a thread on the gaming side) just for the hell of it my brother's damage is only Castlevana 2 from nuuvem also(about $5 and change).

This vote came before the Crypt of the Necrodancer one.

Nooooooooo, so close!!! :p

I actually woke up to see the isthereanydeal notification that Crypt of the Necrodancer became a flash. I went to check the thread at 1AM and see this Xulima nonsense :p

Really awesome contest/chance though, Speevy, thanks! The coolest part is that even though I didn't win it for free, the game I want most is still a flash deal, so I get to play it either way XD

StAidan

By the way, now that we are in community, X-Mas is not the same. I remember last year there was chaos everywhere, now all is so calm. :(

I can see liking it both ways, but this calmness works better for me, especially this year where I don't have the time to spend in this thread that I've had in previous years. Easier to catch up on, easier to see recommendations on dailies/flashes that aren't in my wishlist.

I keep a tab with the sale thread open too, but I don't refer to it that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom