• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I guess that's one way to solve the broken mess that the whole initiates platform has been. Unless I'm misremembering, they did the same with some equipment that was originally locked behind some club activities or something. What a mess.

The whole Initiates meta-game should be taken out the back and shot. Thank god Unity's completion tracker doesn't take those chests into account.

so, in other words - ubi gonna ubi ;)

seriously - at this point we should maybe just list stuff they haven't fucked up lately - it'll be easier this way ;)

iosefe

Ignore the one with the anime avatar. Listen to the Sexy Tengu Girl and vote Abyss Odyssey.(Be hypnotized by the tongue)
e11ec994e4.gif

away with you, fowl temptress!

dex3108

The whole Initiates meta-game should be taken out the back and shot. Thank god Unity's completion tracker doesn't take those chests into account.

Ols Initiates was awesome. I was alpha tester since beginning and this version is even worse than first one almost two years ago.

Parsnip

Ols Initiates was awesome. I was alpha tester since beginning and this version is even worse than first one almost two years ago.

It seems like Ubi "reinvented" the platform for Unity and Rogue and pretty much broke everything. I just launched the game for a minute and grabbed all the remaining chests, even though they don't count to the completion, they were bugging the hell out of me.

I guess I should play through the game at some point too. It feels like it performs worse now than it did before though, dunno what's up with that. And it also seems that the latest nvidia drivers broke Unity's borderless fullscreen for me.

I can't win.

Jawmuncher

What are some wrpgs with turned based combat anyway in that format (enemies on either end)

Costume Quest is all I can think of.

Zafir

People think JRPG's needs to be Japanese?
Well, the acronym does stand for Japanese Role-Playing Game. ;)

Alas this highlights the flaws of genre definitions. Everyone has a different opinion.

I'm always amused by the argument of what people classify the Souls games as.

Holy crap This War Of Mine rules so much. It's so frustrating to look at but a joy to play if that makes any sense. Like I mentioned earlier, this game is NOT for you if you hate RNG's or get depressed easily. Do you hate time sinks like Civilization? Then This War Of Mine isn't for you either: I felt like I was playing for 10 minutes and 2 hours had passed! And I am doing so well that I am absolutely terrified about everything that might happen.

Oh yeah, and I pushed in a yet another version of NeoGAF monkeybot, that improves the game detection and fixes few small issues: https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

dani_dc

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45710/discussions/0/613938575205537267/

Seems the current keys given for the Dark Void games are not registered on the securom's servers. The only solution is to contact capcom with proof of purchase and your key and to have them activate it on their end. Can take several days for them to do that, too.

It's fucking shitty.

DRM is the reason I haven't bought Dark Void Zero despite it always going for cheap and looking neat.

Do not call her that!

Betweeb her looks and her attitudes, she looks like someone you'd burn during a witch hunt. So the description used sounds right.

Pranay

1upmuffin said:
The message from modbot said "The key for Penguins Arena is Sedna's World". I'm confused on how to activate the game or what the code is, what should I do?

Thank you again!

Grrr :\

$h@d0w

Is there a website, tool or app that will randomly give me a game name from my library so I can decide what to play next?

Turfster

Turfster, you're an awesome guy, but I can't do Sunless Sea since you posted it after losefe's post. It wouldn't be fair.

Not a problem.
I started editing immediately so as not to double post, but I understand.

Has anyone played The Fall? I got it on Steam today and it keeps locking up when I aim my gun. WTF.
Got it, finished it, had no problems.
Don't know what to tell you.
Are you playing with kbm or controller?

Gamesplanet has Doom 3 BFG 50% off

WinGameStore has Europa Universalis IV Art of War 50% off

Jørdan

Anno 1404 doesn't get the franchise discount in the states :(

Really!? Gosh, ain't that a kick in the nuts. And here I was praising them for not screwing someone or something up for a change. I hope that gets fixed next sale, it's probably an oversight on their part.

I haven't played it, but Child of Light seems like that as well.

Child Of Light most definitely draws tons of influences from JRPGs, or at least the whole battle system does (it's basically ATB from FF). That's why it's a pretty interesting mix of those mixed with very european fairy tale art and storyline.

dani_dc

Uh, apparently I made it to 999.
Wonder if I should get anything special for 1000.

No, not getting or accepting any bad rats guys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jørdan;144959425 said:
Really!? Gosh, ain't that a kick in the nuts. And here I was praising them for not screwing someone or something up for a change. I hope that gets fixed next sale, it's probably an oversight on their part.

Technically what you said earlier is correct as the game is Dawn of Discovery in the US. The problem is that Ubi fails to remember this come Anno discount time and so only 1404 and 2070 are reduced further.

Grief.exe

Jørdan;144959425 said:

Unfortunately, it has been that way since Anno 1404 was added back to the store. There have been several franchise discounts, but those have alway passed over Dawn of Discovery.

It is likely an oversight, but one that will probably never get fixed unless we get a hold of the right people at Ubisoft.

Jadax

bahhhh!

I crave new games, I get hyped on something, buy it, play it for about 1hr and then lose interest and go back to Dota!

Turfster

Are they a good store to purchase things from?

They're basically MacGameStore with a different skin.
Oh, and the "pcgames5off" coupon should get you some extra off

New GMG dailies: WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE
  • Left 4 Dead Bundle 75% off
  • Skyrim 75% off
  • Age of Empires III Complete 75% off
  • Alien Isolation 50% off
  • Company of Heroes 75% off
  • GRID Autosport 66% off
  • Deus Ex Franchise 75% off
  • The Raven 85% off
  • Titan Quest 85% off
  • Bioshock Infinite 75% off

• Skyrim 75% off
  • GRID Autosport 66% off
  • The Raven 85% off
  • Titan Quest 85% off

Jumping on Raven for $2.99 after the code.

Jørdan

It is likely an oversight, but one that will probably never get fixed unless we get a hold of the right people at Ubisoft.

Well if we are optimistic there's 25hrs left in the franchise sale, however discounts may be locked down now even if someone was reached. Given the size of Ubi and its responsiveness to customers generally I figure a tweet wouldn't wouldn't cut it. Probably need to find an email for the sales dept. state side and hope for diligence.

Mr. Doop

bahhhh!

I crave new games, I get hyped on something, buy it, play it for about 1hr and then lose interest and go back to Dota!

Yeah, I do this too. Sometimes I can find a game that really grabs me though. The last game I played like that was Rouge Legacy.

iosefe

• Skyrim 75% off
  • GRID Autosport 66% off
  • The Raven 85% off
  • Titan Quest 85% off