• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jørdan;144961279 said:
Well if we are optimistic there's 25hrs left in the franchise sale, however discounts may be locked down now even if someone was reached. Given the size of Ubi and its responsiveness to customers generally I figure a tweet wouldn't wouldn't cut it. Probably need to find an email for the sales dept. state side and hope for diligence.

A couple of Ubi devs post updates on the Unity and FC4 community hubs, but I'd imagine, given Ubi's size, there's some red tape to go through internally when it comes to modifying product sales.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is Anno 1404 out in Steam or is it still region locked?

EDIT: Oh wait, Dawn of Discovery, forgot about the title change.

Still wary about that TAGES DRM tho

user237

recpojfb.png

=(

It sounds like they missed the deadline, and Steam wants to hold them to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had their own sale in January sometime.

JaseC

Is Anno 1404 out in Steam or is it still region locked?

Anno 1404 has been back for about eight months now, however in regions that aren't Western/Central Europe or the UK it's known as Dawn of Discovery. The latter apps don't share 1404's deeper discount since Ubi once again forgot to include their subs in the Anno sale.

Still wary about that TAGES DRM tho

1404/Dawn of Discovery are completely DRM-free these days in every sense of the phrase. No TAGES. No Uplay. No Steam. No anything.

JaseC

It sounds like they missed the deadline, and Steam wants to hold them to it.

I doubt that. The issue isn't that Valve isn't being cooperative; it's that he can't get in touch with Valve, plus Kenshi wasn't discounted at all until a couple of days ago (it's now 25% off for the remainder of the sale).

Jørdan

A couple of Ubi devs post updates on the Unity and FC4 community hubs, but I'd imagine, given Ubi's size, there's some red tape to go through internally when it comes to modifying product sales.

Agreed, it would likely need to reach someone at Ubi that calls the games they develop & publish a product. The devs you mentioned would probably correct it in a heartbeat of they could.

Direct yourself to the sales thread.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Its easy to get lost in these chaotic times.

Thanks for all the answers.
I will buy 1001 spikes before the sale is over, Shovel Knights I would have bought if it came on sale at a good price but now I will wait for the PSN version.

Momentary

Banned
As I've been stupidly purchasing and trading for Crimzon Clover cards, I've noticed, after looking at Steam Card Exchange, companies have had great opportunities to have really awesome sets of material for their Steam Cards. Instead, they've lazily put together some material and just threw it out there. I'm looking at BlazBlue right now and the cards are still over $0.20 and some emoticons and backgrounds are going for $8-$12, just because they put a little time on some of the items in their prize pool. Needless to say it's mostly copy paste stock art and their badges are horrible, but they got lucky in already having good assets to use for their items.

On the opposite end USFIV has great art assets available to them and look at what they give you for your troubles... Ugly stage backgrounds for SFXT. It just seems like missed opportunities for some companies to have made a little extra dough on the side from trades. Especially looking at more popular games. Naruto and MGR are two games that could make decent pocket change if they would just implement some trading cards with decent art assets for their prize pool. It can't be that hard or time consuming to implement them.

I know I'm just complaining about something insignificant, but I just couldn't help but be bothered by this.

baterism

As I've been stupidly purchasing and trading for Crimzon Clover cards, I've noticed, after looking at Steam Card Exchange, companies have had great opportunities to have really awesome sets of material for their Steam Cards. Instead, they've lazily put together some material and just threw it out there. I'm looking at BlazBlue right now and the cards are still over $0.20 and some emoticons and backgrounds are going for $8-$12, just because they put a little time on some of the items in their prize pool. Needless to say it's mostly copy paste stock art and their badges are horrible, but they got lucky in already having good assets to use for their items.

On the opposite end USFIV has great art assets available to them and look at what they give you for your troubles... Ugly stage backgrounds for SFXT. It just seems like missed opportunities for some companies to have made a little extra dough on the side from trades. Especially looking at more popular games. Naruto and MGR are two games that could make decent pocket change if they would just implement some trading cards with decent art assets for their prize pool. It can't be that hard or time consuming to implement them.

I know I'm just complaining about something insignificant, but I just couldn't help but be bothered by this.

Yeah, it's pretty strange that any company would deny such easy money chance. Even if it only give them 10 grands, that still 10 grands for several hours work.
Yesterday, I have a dream GZ finally got cards. It was 8 cards all with Big Boss mug.

This is what SteamGAF wants you to believe, it's all false, it's nothing more than peer pressure to try and get others to do the same mistake they did.

There is no mistake.
It's called initiation or a rite of passage.
If for some reason it's not on your account and you truly are an active member of the GAF steam community, you'll have it as a badge sooner or later. And if you don't? Well, you'll always be that person who was invited but declined.

Now... going forth and amassing all the cards/badges/etc. for the game? That's probably some sort of certifiable insanity (and we have a member who has done just that).

Steam community made a decent choice

Decent, sure.
But wrong, nonetheless. The correct answer will always be Warlock II for the last vote and the community has failed to secure that.

10 minutes until disapointment.

Can it be disappointment if you're already disappointed and it just continues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom