• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

[caps lock]

EVERYBODY BUY ALAN WAKE AND SHOVEL KNIGHT!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY DO IT. DO IT. CMON JUST DO IT. 2 OF MY FAVORITE GAMES. BUY IT BUY IT BUT IT!!!!!

ALAN IS 90% OFF FOR FUCKS SAKE AND SHOVEL KNIGHT WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE ON SALE THIS YEAR. BUY IT YOU FOOLS!!!!

[/caps lock]

Warlock II was the only unappealing game on the list and I already own Abyss Odyssey, so woo STFU!

Unappealing if you don't like 4x games, I suppose. But I guess it didn't matter, because the DLC doesn't have any sort of discount anyway.

Well there shouldn't be because they never said that.

Whatever they said was close enough to be construed as "Shovel Knight will not receive a discount during the Steam Sale" by the majority of the SteamGAF community.

The inner Salsa in me is pleased.

I'm not sure why you haven't beaten, bound, and gagged your "inner salsa" yet.
Get the game on PC if you have a PC and game on it.
I'm sure it would be okay on WiiU, but why bothere there? No Steam achievements, no trading cards, I'm sure Nintendo's patch submission process doesn't allow updates as easily as the devs can push them on Steam either.
3DS gives you the benefit of portability and "3D" (do people even use this anymore? did they ever?) but at the sacrifice of a good "controller".
Also, last I checked, 3DS (at least) still had the bullshit policy of only tying digital purchases to your hardware, so if it's stolen or broken, you're proper fucked.

Asgaro

Enjoy this magnificent game, you bastards.

In all seriousness: if you don't have this game yet, you should get fined.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fallout: New Vegas -- MB-C0920DE1F3109979 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 19 entrants total.

t1419714859z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Long Dark looks interesting, but not 50% interesting, especially not in EA.

Probably only STFU for me today

Momentary

Banned
Today has been great. 2 games on my wishlist popped up. Now it's time to shrink it down.

I'm throwing Momodora and Joylancer onto this buylist as well. I would have paid full price for those 2 if I would have known they existed before the sale.

xGreg

Not even worth it at -80%. I bought it on release. Couldn't bring myself to pass the beginning of Act II, had to force myself through the first alone.

Well... It seems that everyone that I know says similar opinions about Watch_Dogs... But, I see the game very alike to one of my TV series of the last few years (Person of Interest), maybe I'm wrong... Anyway I will wait next year for another discount on Steam.

RS4-

Well... It seems that everyone that I know says similar opinions about Watch_Dogs... But, I see the game very alike to one of my TV series of the last few years (Person of Interest), maybe I'm wrong... Anyway I will wait next year for another discount on Steam.

Get WD when its free.

BruteUA

Well fuck me, I've been waiting for a Dead Rising 3 daily so I could get DR2 Complete for cheaper.

Might as well just STFU instead.

Momentary

Banned
Whatever they said was close enough to be construed as "Shovel Knight will not receive a discount during the Steam Sale" by the majority of the SteamGAF community.

You're right. People are going to omit certain words in a statement to make it true for them.

Still, this was a game I was going to by on the last day discount or no. And with Nuclear Throne coming with a free copy at the end of the year, it might be safe to go ahead and dive into that one as well. I doubt they would do a free game AND discount. Even if they did, they deserve the money from what I've been reading about in their Early Access reviews.

So Shovel Knight devs lied then? >_>

No.

Monooboe

Haha I don't know what I was thinking with my 50 euro budget for this sale, I spent that in the first day and then sold all my cards and got another 50, now they are all gone and now there are lots of games I want... Can I be without the games I want or do I ignore my bank account and add more?XD

Turfster

Tentative next vote set, but it could be wrong, so I'm not updating the main post yet:
  • Audiosurf 2
  • Invisible Inc
  • Ancient Space

What is the origin of all the Alan Wake sale jokes?

After the 360 hoarding for years, Alan Wake has been thrown at people's heads for ages now, so pretty much everyone already has like 5 copies of it.

It was edited not much after your post to 'in the future'..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/25076...6374628154/?insideModal=1#c627456486375187618

Super torn on waiting for wiiu... psn or just getting it on steam now :/

Hahaha. Get it on PC for all the reasons I said before... unless you want to wait for PS4/Vita.

You're right. People are going to omit certain words in a statement to make it true for them.

Still, this was a game I was going to by on the last day discount or no. And with Nuclear Throne coming with a free copy at the end of the year, it might be safe to go ahead and dive into that one as well. I doubt they would do a free game AND discount. Even if they did, they deserve the money from what I've been reading about in their Early Access reviews.

No.

Nuclear Throne has NEVER been discounted. The closest it got was a rare coupon that was about 50% off, give or take. derExperte and I found them way back and used them because the game never got discounts (shame on me, I still haven't played it).

If you want to take advantage of it, find a buddy to split the cost with or whatever and then one of you gift the other the free copy received in inventory on Jan 1st.

--

As far as Yacht Club Games and the Shovel Knight discount goes, they said they had "no plans yet". Considering what the Carpe Fulgur devs are dealing with right now trying to get their games discounted at all during the sale, one has to wonder how close the comments made about no planned discounts for Shovel Knight were to whenever they had to submit the sale pricing info to Valve to be a daily.

And "no plans yet" does make it sound like you won't be discounting it during the Steam Sale... it's an inference based on the above. Granted "yet" is vague and depending on the timing, who knows... it could be something like they posted their statement and Valve contacted them the next day saying "we want to feature Shovel Knight as a daily on 12/27. Can we and what discount is acceptable?" Which would make it so they technically didn't like because they made the plans after the statement... but it's still kind of shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom