• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

C'mon Jaw...

Fuck Klei.
Vote Audiosurf 2.

?

imagezbu0u.jpg

jett

D-Member
Not a problem.
I started editing immediately so as not to double post, but I understand.

Got it, finished it, had no problems.
Don't know what to tell you.
Are you playing with kbm or controller?

Gamesplanet has Doom 3 BFG 50% off

WinGameStore has Europa Universalis IV Art of War 50% off

Nevermind, it stopped locking up, I think it happened because I was locking on things that were out of bounds. Finished it, The Fall is a really cool point and click game. Worth the five buckaroos.

Hahaha. Get it on PC for all the reasons I said before... unless you want to wait for PS4/Vita.

Nuclear Throne has NEVER been discounted. The closest it got was a rare coupon that was about 50% off, give or take. derExperte and I found them way back and used them because the game never got discounts (shame on me, I still haven't played it).

If you want to take advantage of it, find a buddy to split the cost with or whatever and then one of you gift the other the free copy received in inventory on Jan 1st.

--

As far as Yacht Club Games and the Shovel Knight discount goes, they said they had "no plans yet". Considering what the Carpe Fulgur devs are dealing with right now trying to get their games discounted at all during the sale, one has to wonder how close the comments made about no planned discounts for Shovel Knight were to whenever they had to submit the sale pricing info to Valve to be a daily.

And "no plans yet" does make it sound like you won't be discounting it during the Steam Sale... it's an inference based on the above. Granted "yet" is vague and depending on the timing, who knows... it could be something like they posted their statement and Valve contacted them the next day saying "we want to feature Shovel Knight as a daily on 12/27. Can we and what discount is acceptable?" Which would make it so they technically didn't like because they made the plans after the statement... but it's still kind of shady.

They were talking like there wouldn't be any discounts some hours ago, it's in Shovel Knight's discussion forums. Still, that doesn't mean that they did it in purpose, I think that they saw a lot of people asking for a discount and wanted to give them a late Christmas gift.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Tentative next vote set, but it could be wrong, so I'm not updating the main post yet:
  • Audiosurf 2
  • Invisible Inc
  • Ancient Space

I'll vote for Invisible Inc when the voting returns because it looks fun. I'm not one to be petty about Invisible Inc not having cards or anything like that.

Still nothing for me! But still, the Steam sale-that-causes-games-to-be-cheaper-on-other-sites-sales have been really good on me: This War Of Mine, South Park and Alien Isolation , two of which were my top wants

edit: the vote is up

I will cut whoever doesn't vote for Invisible Inc.

I'll vote for Invisible Inc when the voting returns because it looks fun. I'm not one to be petty about Invisible Inc not having cards or anything like that.

Alright, voted!;P

Never heard of Invisible Inc, but it looks great so I voted for it.

and the Invisible Inc vote has been cast

You're all going on the list.

Divius

The Long Dark

yay or nay? It looks interesting, but am not sure if I want to throw 10 euro at it to only find out it is not my thing and I wasted 10 euro on it. Anyone here who has played it and liked it? Or didnt like it?

edit: it looks somewhat similar to Don't Starve, which I did not like. Guess I will skip it. Maybe.

Hanzou

Klei certainly knows how to exploit EA for profit... :3
Hopefully the game turns out okay, regardless of my thoughts regarding Klei and their decisions.
What are your concerns with them? I loved mark of the ninja but could not get into their survival game (totally drawing a blank on the name). Is it early access issues that bug you?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What are your concerns with them? I loved mark of the ninja but could not get into their survival game (totally drawing a blank on the name). Is it early access issues that bug you?

The Playstation versions (PS3, 4, Vita) of Don't Starve have trophies, but the Steam version of the game doesn't have achievements. That's the root of the issue.

ExoSoul

Banned
Damn everything's closed, hopefully I'll wake early enough tomorrow to still grab STFU.
How's Nidhogg's community on PC? Does it have a pulse?

man, i always get emotional when practically strangers do good deeds to me ;_;

there are really some good guys out there.

thank you dolor.

let's see what deals are up.

also, a bit ot but yesterday windows just stopped giving any audio out whether speakers or headphones on my laptop. i deleted and reinstalled audio drivers (realtek) but no dice.
i started ubuntu from a pendrive and sound works there.
would save me a ton of time doing backup etc. reinstalling windows. pl halp guys!

pahamrick

Klei certainly knows how to exploit EA for profit... :3
Hopefully the game turns out okay, regardless of my thoughts regarding Klei and their decisions.

It's pretty good right now. Then again I'm a sucker for turn based games, especially ones involving stealth mechanics.

<- Klei sucker
Except for Don't Starve. Not my cup of tea.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nice to see Super Time Force win, pretty fun game. Considered getting Shovel Knight but I can wait, so next time.

On the actually playing front, I beat TWD S2 and I'm going to start Killer is Dead now. Bought both in this sale.

I did the 60 FPS fix in the config file and thought that was that, but while looking at the article on PC Gaming Wiki I discovered there's another file I need to change so a QTE called
"Mika-Revive"
works properly at a higher framerate. No idea what that is for now but I changed it too. :p Hopefully that's not a substantial spoiler, but I'd rather be spoiled than have the QTE moment happen with wonky timing.

Shame I can't get borderless windowed mode working with this one, but no biggie.

Monooboe

The Long Dark

yay or nay? It looks interesting, but am not sure if I want to throw 10 euro at it to only find out it is not my thing and I wasted 10 euro on it. Anyone here who has played it and liked it? Or didnt like it?

edit: it looks somewhat similar to Don't Starve, which I did not like. Guess I will skip it. Maybe.

I just played it a short while but I plan to return to it, because it really seems good. It's survival in that real world kind of way, like I died while I slept in a abandoned powerplant and got attack by a pack of wolves, I survived the attack but was so hurt that i bled to death, in the dark and in the cold.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Did you try Fullscreenizer? Every game I've tried that with has turned windowed mode into borderless windowed mode.
Yep, I tried BorderlessGaming and Fullscreenizer and neither worked to remove the borders. :(

Killer is Dead doesn't have a native windowed mode and it has to be forced through the Steam library with "Properties > Set Launch Options > -windowed", so I guess that has something to do with it.

bigzgod

Is there any demand for the Family Guy game yet? I've got a copy + dlc burning a hole in my inventory.

Nope. Generally you're going to have to hold on to it at least a few months before it goes up in price significantly, assuming it doesn't come back like WD:SI did.

Family Guy was incredibly cheap during the fall sale as well so there's quite a few copies floating out there.

Speevy

Banned
It seems to me that there are quite a few games that want to kill the player through exposure, starvation, etc.

However, the scenarios are always so bleak. Is there one where you can actually do well enough to triumph, build yourself a home and live like the king of the wilds?

Ventara

It seems to me that there are quite a few games that want to kill the player through exposure, starvation, etc.

However, the scenarios are always so bleak. Is there one where you can actually do well enough to triumph, build yourself a home and live like the king of the wilds?

Terraria, if you're including 2D games. You start out with nothing and you can die so easily to the wilderness, but you can eventually build yourself and your base up so that you pretty much become the top dog of the wilds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom