• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I'm sitting around SL 63 or so in Dark Souls.

Do I:
(1) Pay a visit to the Dragon Shrine (haven't gone down there yet)
(2) Say "hello" to my old pal Seath in the library
(3) Teach the four+ kings how to really inspire fear and loathing
(4) Say fuck it and go deal with the DLC content.

Odds are if I do #4 before 1, 2, and/or 3, I will not do 1, 2, and/or 3 as my main reason for playing this was to get to the DLC since I've never played through it.

I'm still debating on Shovel Knight. I love the guy who did the soundtrack, and I know the game has gotten a good amount of praise ... but I just cant seem to pull the trigger. Is it really worth it?

I actually wasn't specified on it, but did he block lurkers?

He says he meant to block lurkers (or people who post the minimum to be eligible for giveaways), but effectively he blocked everyone whose name he didn't know or remember. I guess he knows/likes you :p

not much of a discount of shovel knight..but enough to make me press the button

now i don't have steam wallet founds anymore :(

Good for you. It's worth the full $15.

I'm still debating on Shovel Knight. I love the guy who did the soundtrack, and I know the game has gotten a good amount of praise ... but I just cant seem to pull the trigger. Is it really worth it?

No. It's a giant pile of shit. So large, in fact, that you're better off LITERALLY wiping your ass with your money.

I think you are mixing games there.

I'm having a senior moment since I haven't touched the game in 3+ years, but I'm talking about the spot at the bottom of the tree with the Dragon covenant and the beach. Looking it up, I meant Ash Lake.

I'm not sure if I should get Shovel Knight on Wii U or Steam.

God dammit. I answered this for you before you even asked it.

STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.

STEAM.

STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.

It's cheaper.
It has cards.
It has achievements.
You can use any controller of your preference (pretty much).
And most importantly, the game is TIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT, NOT YOUR HARDWARE (well, as long as this still true on WiiU... I'm almost positive it is on 3DS, because of Nintendo's inability to understand how a digital library should function...).

Sch1sm

how do i get good at democracy 3?no matter what i do,the porblems don't go away and new ones arrive :(

Create a capitalist democracy and let everything sort itself out. Laissez-faire the hell out of this. Unemployment? Oh. It'll fix itself.

Totally unrelated note, but where are the people who suggested Gunpoint so I can hug them or something. Most entertaining near 4 hours I've spent in the past week.

Rand6

So... I'm sitting around SL 63 or so in Dark Souls.

Do I:
(1) Pay a visit to the Dragon Shrine (haven't gone down there yet)
(2) Say "hello" to my old pal Seath in the library
(3) Teach the four+ kings how to really inspire fear and loathing
(4) Say fuck it and go deal with the DLC content.

Odds are if I do #4 before 1, 2, and/or 3, I will not do 1, 2, and/or 3 as my main reason for playing this was to get to the DLC since I've never played through it.

There's a Dragon Shrine on DS??
Beside that, I don't think you can do (2) before (3).
So 3-2-4.

iosefe

Create a capitalist democracy and let everything sort itself out. Laissez-faire the hell out of this. Unemployment? Oh. It'll fix itself.

Totally unrelated note, but where are the people who suggested Gunpoint so I can hug them or something. Most entertaining near 4 hours I've spent in the past week.
There are a couple of us.

Get the soundtrack maybe

STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.

STEAM.

STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.

Off-TV play though?

I have actual other games I want to get on Steam though. :/

Get them all.

Off-TV play though?

Then wait and get it on Vita or PS4 if it's important to you.
Almost all of the pluses for PC are still valid on Sony platforms. You just have to wait (and then likely pay full price, but you'd have to pay full price on WiiU/3DS right now anyway).

There's a Dragon Shrine on DS??
Beside that, I don't think you can do (2) before (3).
So 3-2-4.

1. I was talking about Ash Lake. When you get to the end, there's a shrine type area with the dragon in it where you can join the dragon covenant. I just spaced out and called it "the dragon shrine". If Dark Souls 2 didn't exist, I'm sure people would've figured out what I meant, like dani_dc did. ;)
2. Why can't you do 2 before 3? I'm pretty sure you can tackle the 4 lord souls in just about any order...

Kiru

Bought Alan Wake, which is my 60th game so far, and my account is less than a week old...
Well, I don't think I spent more than the full price of one AAA at launch, so it should be ok.

Also, I bought the three Bioshock games from GamersGate, but turns out the first one's key isn't a Steam one.
Do you think I could get an exchange for a Steam key from 2K? I don't want to mix my games and I would rather prefer them all in one place.
Bioshock was bundled already. I'm sure someone in here has a spare.

Asgaro

I'm having a senior moment since I haven't touched the game in 3+ years, but I'm talking about the spot at the bottom of the tree with the Dragon covenant and the beach. Looking it up, I meant Ash Lake.

STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.

STEAM.

STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.
STEAM.

It's cheaper.
It has cards.
It has achievements.
You can use any controller of your preference (pretty much).
And most importantly, the game is TIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT, NOT YOUR HARDWARE (well, as long as this still true on WiiU... I'm almost positive it is on 3DS, because of Nintendo's inability to understand how a digital library should function...).

I wish someone would get to NeoGAF's character limit. Just for the heck of it.

Rand6

1. I was talking about Ash Lake. When you get to the end, there's a shrine type area with the dragon in it where you can join the dragon covenant. I just spaced out and called it "the dragon shrine". If Dark Souls 2 didn't exist, I'm sure people would've figured out what I meant, like dani_dc did. ;)
2. Why can't you do 2 before 3? I'm pretty sure you can tackle the 4 lord souls in just about any order...

Yep, you're right, sorry lol.
The "easiest" way is : 3-1-2-4.
Trust me, you don't want to play the DLC at lower level (63 is a bit low, I think). There's lots of PvP and 2 tough bosses.

Yep, you're right, sorry lol.
The "easiest" way is : 3-1-2-4.
Trust me, you don't want to play the DLC at lower level (63 is a bit low, I think). There's lots of PvP and 2 tough bosses.

I have this mental block on New Londo... hate that you have to be cursed to get in there and get shit done... plus those darkwraiths are no joke... not sure I'm up for that at the moment... remember the library being a bit easier for the most part, other than the Seath fight if you want his tail.

Arthea

guys, conspiracy run in Hatoful Boyfriend is hilarious

Guys, I have a confession to make.

I really liked Watch_Doges.

:(
You aren't helping, I plan to $5 it, the current price is just not reasonable and goes against my plans.
it's only game I was contemplating getting today, I blame Dr.Doggie and YOU!

edited: jeez, what's with spam today, this page sucks

Turfster

You aren't helping, I plan to $5 it, the current price is just not reasonable and goes against my plans.
it's only game I was contemplating getting today, I blame Dr.Doggie and YOU!

edited: jeez, what's with spam today, this page sucks

Yep, and we only just got started too.

Also, yeah, 5$ for Wash_Doge is about what I'm willing to spend. Of course, being one of their "popular" games like Assflag, it's not going to drop to that, ever =p

autoduelist

Did you try Fullscreenizer? Every game I've tried that with has turned windowed mode into borderless windowed mode.

Yep, I tried BorderlessGaming and Fullscreenizer and neither worked to remove the borders. :(

Killer is Dead doesn't have a native windowed mode and it has to be forced through the Steam library with "Properties > Set Launch Options > -windowed", so I guess that has something to do with it.

There's also something called WindowsBorderlessGaming that SirTapTap recommended to me:
http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/
However, I have actually had better luck with BorderlessGaming, which you guys already mentioned. Still, 3 possible apps is better than 2, I suppose.

No, that's not the root of the issue.
That's a SYMPTOM.

The root of the issue is that Klei takes advantage of anything it can to make money, even when it means compromising on their "artistic" vision, and then continues to exploit their core fanbase for more money wherever they possibly can.

SNIP

For the record, I own Don't Starve (though had I known about their "stance" on achievements, I probably wouldn't have grabbed it when I did) and was given it free for PS4/PSVita as well thanks to my PS+ sub.

You know, in general I very much side with Artistic Vision (tm) over Money Grubbing (tm) so would normally side with you. However, sometimes you can have multiple ideals at odds with one another.
For example, consider:
1) We don't like what achievments/trophies do to gaming
(i agree with this, actually)
2) We want as many people to play our fantastic game
(i agree with this too).

So if the game was always going to be a PC game, and so they stuck to 1), but then realized when Sony came to them that it made sense to get it on more platforms (satisfying 2, even if breaking 1), I don't actually think it's the worst thing in the world that they capitulated to the trophy policy.

I mean, whatever? I don't see why getting upset about it matters, we're talking about achievements here, to which I actually agree that they hurt gaming... especially avoiding/boycotting a game over them.

Arthea

Yep, and we only just got started too.

Also, yeah, 5$ for Wash_Doge is about what I'm willing to spend. Of course, being one of their "popular" games like Assflag, it's not going to drop to that, ever =p

I'll try not to imagine

IDK Turf, if we wait long enough, it will drop to that price, but if people keep insisting they like it, it might be hard to wait this long.

Miguel81

guys, conspiracy run in Hatoful Boyfriend is hilarious

There's some fun to be had in the game just as long as you can overlook that prick of a protagonist. It's also very pretty, and sometimes breathtakingly so.

Turfster

IDK Turf, if we wait long enough, it will drop to that price, but if people keep insisting they like it, it might be hard to wait this long.
Eh, there's some games Ubi never drops below a certain point, usually the big tentpole ones that people actually like.

Rand6

I have this mental block on New Londo... hate that you have to be cursed to get in there and get shit done... plus those darkwraiths are no joke... not sure I'm up for that at the moment... remember the library being a bit easier for the most part, other than the Seath fight if you want his tail.

You should try Ash Lake. It's fast and easy. ;)
Then the Duke's Archives. After that, your SL should be at 75. Then go for the DLC.

If he have Nvidia card he can play on any android mobile device via Limelight.

That's cool (and I should to look into it). But most Android devices don't have physical controls like the Shield. Yes you can use an external controller, but that's not ideal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom