• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

What happened between 3:14 and 3:45? Do these fires last less than half an hour?

It depends what fuel you use, I used a piece of reclaimed firewood, which is 30 minutes worth of fire. In that time I went to melt some snow but the game doesn't give you an estimate of how long it takes to do that, so the fire went out. You can different types/more wood after you start the fire to make it last longer.

Started again, landed in the same area and doing much better this time, no wolf attack so that actually let me a explore. Loaded up on firewood and food, I found some fishing tackle so I can go fishing for food.

Jesus Christ this flu I have from Christmas day has just reached it's peak it's amazingly bad, just feel really cold and weak right now, played some TF2 which took my mind off it for a while, even downloaded several games but my joints are really painful.

Farwell SteamGAF, this might be the end.
i will miss you orange! jawmuncher will take care of the ops from now on with many dino gifs for sure!
Hahah, I launched TF2 first time in a long while and received 18 items of ~10 euros of value. It prints money
hm. tempting.
Recettear and the other Carpe Fulgur games are 66% off! Gogogo.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400/
someone is gonna get very happy come tomorrow morning :3

I do have a huge soft spot for NES era games, and what's worrying me about STFU is difficulty. I'm usually terrible with difficult games (one review likened it to Braid, which I found too difficult after a while, but still adore it from a distance)

I thought Braid was trash.
STFU is better than Braid for sure... I don't know where the comparison comes in unless it's that you have to kind of puzzle out the best strategy to beat certain sections.

Go with the game you're almost positive you'll love. (It's in my GOTY list, if that makes you feel better about it?)

This way, if you change your mind on STFU, you can grab it when it's bundled early next year or the next time it's on midweek madness or whatever.

Tizoc

With less than a week to go on the sale...I am rather pleased I had not spent a lot this time around as opposed to past Sales and Winter Seals. Well granted the most costly thing I bought was Talos Principle ($26ish), but that one was worth the price of admission.
So yeah this is basically me atm-
ibmcPVu7aeTCSy.gif

Capitalism, HO!!!

i know that recettear is good but are the other 2 carpe fulgur games good too?

Chantelise was disappointing. I wasn't a fan. It was also the game that taught me not to buy into games day 1 just cause you like the developers. As such, I never bought Fortune Summoners so I can't tell you if that one's any good.

Capitalism, HO!!!

i know that recettear is good but are the other 2 carpe fulgur games good too?

I asked earlier last week in the Holiday thread and the consensus was that the other two don't quite capture the magic and charm of Recettear. Chantelise's gameplay as an ARPG is mediocre, and Fortune Summoner is a little buggy. Most suggested to try the demos for both before buying them.

I thought Braid was trash.

Boy, you are harsh.

STFU is better than Braid for sure... I don't know where the comparison comes in unless it's that you have to kind of puzzle out the best strategy to beat certain sections.

I think the comparison is obvious (rewinding time, puzzle aspects), but people are not saying the game is like Braid, but rather that it's sort of like a mix of elements from Contra, Braid, and a couple of other games.

Go with the game you're almost positive you'll love. (It's in my GOTY list, if that makes you feel better about it?)

This way, if you change your mind on STFU, you can grab it when it's bundled early next year or the next time it's on midweek madness or whatever.

Yeah looks like I'm going with Shovel Knight :)

Sendou

Anyone wants to go 50/50 on Nuclear Throne? For those who don't know every owner of Nuclear Throne will be receiving a free copy of the game at the year's end so split it would be just $6.50 if we act now. If you find PayPal acceptable then feel free to throw a PM at my way.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Rats or Alive
  • 4 Bad Rats
  • 1 Dead or Alive 5: Last Round.
  • May the luckiest pervert win.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

4d13543ad0.gif

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-20EAF3CA7BAA68D4 - Taken by fantomena. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-F50BD02AB7DC040B - Taken by Andrefpvs. 22 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-7B7DF675F4F00FDC - Taken by Casimir. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-3F0CF2DB21734B3F - Taken by InfiniteNine. 13 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-F07557A17C0CCD3F - Taken by Ruruja. 5 entrants total.

t1419737421z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom