• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chat in here about The Long Dark made me curious so I checked the Store page for it:

The Long Dark is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves...

Hm, that sounds like my sort of thing.

*watches video*

*player character talks to herself telling the player what to do*

:/

that challenges solo players to think for themselves

Uh-huh.

Please tell me that the video is not indicative of the actual game and/or the Lowest Common Denominator You Are Too Stupid To Think For Yourself You Lowly Gamer You And You Are Not Allowed To Not Finish This Game That We Slaved Over So We Will Tell You What To Do So That You Will Finish It [unless you slip into a coma due to tedium from not being cognitively challenged at all, first] voice work can be turned off. :(

phew. just finished backing up, formatting and reinstalling windows -_-
i get faster and faster the more often i do it.

while setting everything up, i realized that i only forgot one thing. backing up bookmarks :(
good thing i do it every couple weeks, so i am only set back ca. one month.

also, big shoutout to sharkiller for his improved quick-reply scripts 😃

see you folks tomorrow again.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Please tell me that the video is not indicative of the actual game and/or the Lowest Common Denominator You Are Too Stupid To Think For Yourself You Lowly Gamer You And You Are Not Allowed To Not Finish This Game That We Slaved Over So We Will Tell You What To Do So That You Will Finish It [unless you slip into a coma due to tedium from not being cognitively challenged at all, first] voice work can be turned off. :(

or LCDYATSTTFYYLGYAYANATNFTGTWSOSWWTYWTDSTYWFI for short ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
phew. just finished backing up, formatting and reinstalling windows -_-
i get faster and faster the more often i do it.

while setting everything up, i realized that i only forgot one thing. backing up bookmarks :(
good thing i do it every couple weeks, so i am only set back ca. one month.

also, big shoutout to sharkiller for his improved quick-reply scripts 😃

see you folks tomorrow again.

My luck being what it is, the one file I couldn't back up from my previous laptop HDD was my Firefox profile. RIP in Peace ~3.5 years of browsing history.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Looks like Resident Evil Zero is basically confirmed to be coming. In the screens for the pre-order theme you get for Biohazard Remaster HD in Japan has a game icon for Biohazard Zero:

preorder_ps4_02.jpg

Phawx

I have steam keys to giveaway. But we need to be friends on Steam and it needs to be on your wishlist.

After that I'm just going to randomly give it to people in my friends list.

Games include:

Kings of Kungfu
TinyKeep
FortressCraft (2pack)
Starmade

And I have one 3DS code for Xeodrifter, which is an excellent metroidlike. Sent to Tmarg

Cerity

The chat in here about The Long Dark made me curious so I checked the Store page for it:

Hm, that sounds like my sort of thing.

*watches video*

*player character talks to herself telling the player what to do*

:/

Uh-huh.

I just turned the voice volume down to 0 as soon as I heard it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tmarg

I have steam keys to giveaway. But we need to be friends on Steam and it needs to be on your wishlist.

Games include:

Kings of Kungfu
TinyKeep
FortressCraft (2pack)
Starmade

And I have one 3DS code for Xeodrifter, which is an excellent metroidlike. First to quote gets that.

I'll try out xeodrifter, I'm always down for metroidlikes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Congratulations to the winner of Dead or Alive and the winners of Bad Rats. It was a pleasure to make this giveaway.
270b49a2d0.gif

Games include:

Kings of Kungfu
TinyKeep
FortressCraft (2pack)
Starmade

And I have one 3DS code for Xeodrifter, which is an excellent metroidlike. Sent to Tmarg

Oh, Starmade looks really cool.

Jadax

Alright, so it's almost 4:00 am here but I'm totally not sleepy, might start Divinity:OS or Aarklash: Legacy - tomorrow is going to be an interesting day!

autoduelist

Only 5 entrants for the one numbered 4. This is some serious game-theory shit going on in SteamGAF.

I went for #4 because it was #4 but in 5th position. So I figured people would avoid it for both reasons. I still lost though.

Or, I suppose I won if it was Bad Rats, since so far I've avoided it.

iosefe

For who knows how long, we've been conditioned to pick 4,.but when the fact that we always do is exposed to us, we pick the polar opposite.

since we all pick 4, no one picked 4, and since no one is picking 4, the game was there

Visited Ash Lake... cleared New Londo Ruins. Onward, to the archives and then that crystal cave bullllshit.
Saddened that I forgot you must not place the Lordvessel to be offered the option of Darkwraiths. :(
Excited that my time with new content for Dark Souls is drawing near.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom