• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoduelist

You cannot sell out for money and exposure, compromising your ideals -- and then when people ask you about bringing the additional content back to the PC version that started it all cite your "achievements changed the way people played the game and we don't like that" policy. It's called hypocrisy and it's total and utter bullshit.

I don't agree. I just think it's a difficult problem and they came up with the best solution they could. It pisses you off, and that is what it is, but they put trophies in the ps versions because they had to, and they don't put them elsewhere.

The world always puts us in difficult moral/ethical situations, and hypocrisy is nearly impossible to avoid in any moral quandary worth it's salt.

I'm sure the ps version wouldn't have trophies if Sony didn't have that policy. They had to make a concession. That's part of life. You may think they shouldn't have released on Sony, then, but that would also raise issues since it's good for them to get their games in the hands of gamers plus they need to make money, too. You may think they should then give achievements to the Steam version, but that's just because you love them... to the devs, they're probably extremely happy they didn't have to add them. It's just different ways of looking at the problem.

And where you think achievements hurt games, I think achievements help games. A game must be extremely compelling and a near perfect masterpiece to hook me and make me play from start to finish without achievements these days.

And... that's the issue. Many people won't play a game without trophies unless it's an absolute masterpiece, but will trudge along in a so-so game that has them. Likewise, they may put 30 hours into a game, get all the trophies, and quit playing for the next game even though in a pre-trophy world they'd have gladly sunk another couple hundred hours into the game.

I know, I suffer from both of the above issues and I don't actually care about 'sharing/showing' trophies, it just sets off my completionist ocd. I had much more fun gaming in a pre-trophy world, as it was easier to drop so-so games and focus on games I loved, even if I'd already 100%'d them.

gfh2hjJ.png

I DID IT
happytears.gif

Is there a way to get the Hotline Miami soundtrack at its current price in a format supported on iOS devices? Ogg isn't supported and I wouldn't want to convert from ogg to aac or MP3 if I could avoid it.

edit: Although if I had to, it's $3.99 on iTunes right now. edit2: never mind, that's just an EP.

Rats or Alive
  • 4 Bad Rats
  • 1 Dead or Alive 5: Last Round.
  • May the luckiest pervert win.

I'd enter, but...you know...I've already got Bad Rats. That and I haven't won a game since my previous giveaway, so I kinda want to keep some ammo for a pay it forward. Still, thanks for doing a giveaway.

Boy, you are harsh.

I think the comparison is obvious (rewinding time, puzzle aspects), but people are not saying the game is like Braid, but rather that it's sort of like a mix of elements from Contra, Braid, and a couple of other games.

Yeah looks like I'm going with Shovel Knight :)

Braid started off on the wrong foot when I hated it's aesthetics.
Then a lot of the puzzles were either very easy or very obtuse. I wasn't amused by them because I didn't feel like they were challenging in a way that made me think, but in a way designed just to be difficult or different for the sake of being difficult or different. :|
Then I saw the ending coming from a mile away and didn't really care for it.

I know, I know, I'm a monster.

Does anyone have any opinions about DisplayFusion? Worth it?

I have noticed that when extending with two displays, I get reduced framerates. I'm assuming that's a graphics card limitation though. Didn't expect such limitations with a Radeon 7850.

Water

Rats or Alive
  • 4 Bad Rats
  • 1 Dead or Alive 5: Last Round.
  • May the luckiest pervert win.

I bought and activated rats earlier for trading cards, but in the interest of sportsmanship, should I win a second copy, I'm going to actually play my existing copy and report back with pics, in addition to using the new key to set up a new rat roulette later.

Haaaaaaaaaa..

Steam finished downloading Dark souls 2, all 10GB of it, then decides to make all the files vanish for NO RAISON

Maybe this is a sign I should go to bed. If I win a Bad Rats on top of all this, I'm just gonna sell my soul to whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom