• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Visited Ash Lake... cleared New Londo Ruins. Onward, to the archives and then that crystal cave bullllshit.
Saddened that I forgot you must not place the Lordvessel to be offered the option of Darkwraiths. :(
Excited that my time with new content for Dark Souls is drawing near.

Haha I might have almost semi-spoiled ya on some of the bosses way back when I played it, but good luck! DlC content was some of my favorite and definitely some of the best bosses are in there.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Once again my attraction to jigglyjugs proved to be my ruin :(

iCnPwHfyquCV4.gif

Just give in and buy it.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I decided to check how many games on Steam support Linux nowadays and was thoroughly impressed. Support for that OS is really on the rise there. =D

Man, lying in bed and it starts nagging me more and more that i lost my bookmarks.

Since i am at a fresh start now, which bookmark snyc/save methods can you folks recommend?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey Gaf, stop everything !!!!!!

Recettear is on flash sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only today, 66 % discount on Recettear: Capitalism, ho !!!!!!!!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400/

It's not a flash sale. The games are 66% off until the 28th of January (which I assume is a mistake and they'll return to full price after the Winter Sale is over).

Man, lying in bed and it starts nagging me more and more that i lost my bookmarks.

Since i am at a fresh start now, which bookmark snyc/save methods can you folks recommend?

If you're using Firefox or one of its derivatives you can use MozBackup to manually back up your profile.

D3RANG3D

I see that Carpe Fulgur's stuff is on sale finally, but what are the chances of them being even cheaper like a daily deal, last year Fortune Summoners was five bucks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see that Carpe Fulgur's stuff is on sale finally, but what are the chances of them being even cheaper like a daily deal, last year Fortune Summoners was five bucks.

Next to zero. In all likelihood, the featured deals have already been determined.

bigzgod

Kinda bored so why not. 2 of these are Bad Rats. One of these is a random game from Bayo's WL, since I was amused by his previous giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bigzgod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-52508514723A8D2C - Taken by Yrael. 14 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-B7E56E50DDBAD1DE - Taken by Man Puncher. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Gift -- MB-A334E33B84756739 - Taken by dot. 10 entrants total.

t1419751402z1.png

famfrit

Is this so good that I should get it over some of the other games I'm debating, namely Banished, Door Kickers, and Dawn of War II, and Age of Wonders 3 (if it goes on a reprise sale at the end)? I'm only buying one more game this sale.

To tell the true i think that Age of wonders is the best deal, but c'mon Recettear is a very unique Rpg and have a better price.

Just download the demo and see if you like dat capitalism :).

ExoSoul

Banned
Apologies to those on my friends list, my connection kept dropping.

So I played Hero Siege for a while and at the beginning it was slow paced, you learned what you did wrong leveled up in the process and tried again, maybe even got to a new area and lived long enough to die to a boss with 4k health that seems to attack you from every side with no escape.

The game has two distinct kinds of offensive skills: procs and actives. With actives what you see is what you get, you push a button and stuff happens and procs are similar in the sense that they're % based to activate on every attack the thing is there are usually 3 proc skills and 4 active skills per character so you can do a active build only, a proc build only or a hybrid. But what makes or breaks a run are the relics and the drops.

When you beat a boss you get a relic, when you clear a dungeon or cript you get a relic, if you have 1k gold you can buy them at shops and they can be inside golden and crystal chests. Relics either increase your stats or will add extra procs to your attacks (there's a few game altering relics like the wings or yhe resurection stone) and if you get enough of them you're in a good condition to take down most enemies.
I got lucky with a charm drop (you get them from bosses or elite mobs) that had an insane amount of exp increase (might be a glitch, I sky rocketed in levels) and most of the potions I got added stats instead of subtracting them.

In short I'm mowing through stages, going for every dungeon and crypt I can find before the boss to see what new relic I can find. And why am I so happy with this run? Because I know that when I die I'll be back to a regular powered character where dungeons and crypts spell death and even some bosses in the first area kill me without a scratch on them, at least I'll keep my stats and skills ;)

iosefe

Kinda bored so why not. 2 of these are Bad Rats. One of these is a random game from Bayo's WL, since I was amused by his previous giveaway.

i used to love bad rats roulettes. usually because i never won em. but now i own badrats and it rarely feels worth it to enter

Is this so good that I should get it over some of the other games I'm debating, namely Banished, Door Kickers, and Dawn of War II, and Age of Wonders 3 (if it goes on a reprise sale at the end)? I'm only buying one more game this sale.
i dont think any of them beat out the ones you listed.

I've been reading through the reviews for Watch Dogs. I'm still greatly amused by the fact that Steam seems to consider a game that has 92% negative reviews as having a "Mixed" reaction. This skewing is evident throughout a lot of panned games on the store.

bigzgod

i used to love bad rats roulettes. usually because i never won em. but now i own badrats and it rarely feels worth it to enter

Should I do another game next time? Any suggestions? I was thinking of maybe doing Secret of the Magic Crystals next time, for a different take on the roulette.

I've been reading through the reviews for Watch Dogs. I'm still greatly amused by the fact that Steam seems to consider a game that has 92% negative reviews as having a "Mixed" reaction. This skewing is evident throughout a lot of panned games on the store.
Valve is being dishonest, think of how much profit cut they can get if the games' review appeared as "mixed" instead of "negative".

iosefe

Should I do another game next time? Any suggestions? I was thinking of maybe doing Secret of the Magic Crystals next time, for a different take on the roulette.
Na, if it weren't for bad rats, there would be no thrill. I justratnt want to dont bad rats to others by entering

Speevy

Banned
I got home kinda late, so I won't do a guess a flash contest tonight.

However, is there another variation of the "guess the game" idea that you guys think would work? Like genres, tags, discounts, etc. or is that all too much to think about?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I made a new logo for Idle Master tonight

logo.png

(more cool stuff on the way soon)

iosefe

However, is there another variation of the "guess the game" idea that you guys think would work? Like genres, tags, discounts, etc. or is that all too much to think about?

average percentage off?

autoduelist

Apologies to those on my friends list, my connection kept dropping.

So I played Hero Siege for a while and at the beginning it was slow paced, you learned what you did wrong leveled up in the process and tried again, maybe even got to a new area and lived long enough to die to a boss with 4k health that seems to attack you from every side with no escape.
SNIP

Well, you sold me on the game. Too bad its sale is over. There's always summer, I suppose.

autoduelist

I won last night
thank you
, so won't be entering any more out of fairness, but I think the way you have it set up with just naming the game is perfect. It's exciting because you obviously name a game you really want, but it also rewards knowing what's been on sale before, etc. It was just a great giveaway, and I would suggest not changing a thing (except perhaps putting a cap on $ amount so nobody guesses a $100 editing program or something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hello friends, I have a question-

I'm looking to buy both Dawn of War games. I look at the steam pages and...there's alotta different packs.

Which packs offer the uh...'most of' each game, including dlcs that change the game or uh, add missions. I've seen some skin packs that DoW 2 has...or something...are those necessary?

Thanks for anyone who has experience with Dawn of War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom