• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tebunker

Banned
I made a new logo for Idle Master tonight

logo.png

(more cool stuff on the way soon)

Nice, looks solid, and the Steam clock is perfect.

I just had to thank you for the app and for turning me to it earlier. I had so many cards I hit my listing limit on Steam.

So I just played around with in-home streaming for the first time and... wow. I was using my Macbook Air hooked up to my TV and it worked flawlessly. I'm tempted to build a barebones teensy-PC and just keep it hooked up behind my TV at all times now; does anyone know how cheap/underpowered the "receiver" PC can get before it starts to impact steam streaming? The "sender" main PC will be a beast of a machine, i'm not worried about that end.

New Flash Deals

Skullgirls (-75%)
Rogue Legacy (-85%)
Space Hulk Ascension (-33%)
Blood Bowl Chaos Edition (-85%)
Transformers Fall of Cybertron (-75%)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (-75%)

Miletius

So I just played around with in-home streaming for the first time and... wow. I was using my Macbook Air hooked up to my TV and it worked flawlessly. I'm tempted to build a barebones teensy-PC and just keep it hooked up behind my TV at all times now; does anyone know how cheap/underpowered the "receiver" PC can get before it starts to impact steam streaming? The "sender" main PC will be a beast of a machine, i'm not worried about that end.

I use my Air for a similar purpose (namely gaming in bed), as opposed to on the couch. I was led to believe that the most important factor in streaming really is your connection, and to some extent, the amount of RAM.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New Flash Deals

Skullgirls (-75%)
Rogue Legacy (-85%)
Space Hulk Ascension (-33%)
Blood Bowl Chaos Edition (-85%)
Transformers Fall of Cybertron (-75%)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (-75%)

Space Hulk is mistakenly 48% off, it seems.

Edit: Oh, wait, forgot about the 15% loyalty discount.

autoduelist

So I finally sat down to play Dungeon of the Endless, and I can't get out of the tutorial because I can't figure out how to 'mousewheel' click on my new laptop. Burnt 45 minutes researching and installing drivers to no avail.

Then I get the great idea of seeing if I can remap the controls, but I can't figure out how to scroll the mapping list (there's no scroll bar, it just goes off the screen) in DotE.

Shoot me. I feel like somebody's grandparent right now, can't set up the vcr.

RS4-

So I finally sat down to play Dungeon of the Endless, and I can't get out of the tutorial because I can't figure out how to 'mousewheel' click on my new laptop. Burnt 45 minutes researching and installing drivers to no avail.

Then I get the great idea of seeing if I can remap the controls, but I can't figure out how to scroll the mapping list (there's no scroll bar, it just goes off the screen) in DotE.

Shoot me. I feel like somebody's grandparent right now, can't set up the vcr.

You can't remap something with the touch pad settings in control panel? I'll assume you can change it there. Or maybe you touch both the left and right side at the same time?

sensoft04

Banned
Its a nice game to play and also has cards.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sensoft04, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ittle Dew -- MB-57AA3DFC415CFE5D - Taken by skullmuffins

autoduelist

You can't remap something with the touch pad settings in control panel? I'll assume you can change it there. Or maybe you touch both the left and right side at the same time?

I've tried many things. I did just find an option for 'middle mouse click'... but the ONLY way I can get it to work is if I remap the left or right button (it appears in a drop down list for each). That does no good, since I need both of those too.

There's nothing in the gestures list. I'm completely stumped.

(Dell XPS 15 9530, just in case someone here has one. I'm at a loss, over an hour spent just trying to get through the tutorial).

I'd be fine if I could remap it in game somehow, but like I said I can't figure out how to 'scroll' the list of mappable keys in Dungeon of the Endless.

Actually -- if someone could boot up DotE and tell me if there is a hotkey for middle click (i think it 'activates' a room, not really sure what that means, since I'm only on like step 5 of the tutorial). If I had the keyboard equivalent I'd be set.

Vibranium

Banned
Looks like Resident Evil Zero is basically confirmed to be coming. In the screens for the pre-order theme you get for Biohazard Remaster HD in Japan has a game icon for Biohazard Zero:

preorder_ps4_02.jpg

Yes! So many people like to harp on Zero by saying that RE4 was the gameplay solution to its reception, but I still love it. Billy Cohen is another fantastic forgotten RE character and had surprisingly good voice acting for the series. His partnership with Rebecca was really cool and Marcus' hilarious insanity was crazy fun.

RS4-

I've tried many things. I did just find an option for 'middle mouse click'... but the ONLY way I can get it to work is if I remap the left or right button (it appears in a drop down list for each). That does no good, since I need both of those too.

Other than hitting both buttons at the same time, you could always borrow a mouse from someone until you find a fix lol :|

I hope you get it sorted soon!

Oh, could you not remap the pad, tab out, then map to default?

autoduelist

Other than hitting both buttons at the same time, you could always borrow a mouse from someone until you find a fix lol :|

I hope you get it sorted soon!

Both at same time doesn't do it, it was the first thing I tried. Oh well. Hopefully someone comes along and can tell me if there's a key mapped to it in DotE.

EDIT - nevermind, guessed it. Ctrl-click.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hello friends, I have a question-

I'm looking to buy both Dawn of War games. I look at the steam pages and...there's alotta different packs.

Which packs offer the uh...'most of' each game, including dlcs that change the game or uh, add missions. I've seen some skin packs that DoW 2 has...or something...are those necessary?

Thanks for anyone who has experience with Dawn of War.

The DoW master collection contains all the separate campaigns and multiplayer portions. They didn't get exploitative with DLC until DoW2.

The DoW 2 master collection just the three campaigns plus basic multiplayer. See below for the DLC.

The DoW2 DLC item packs are ingame items with new effects and such, a lot of which should have been included in the base game and expansions. Some are multiplayer based and add new Heroes, races, and unit models. There is also a survival mode, "Last Stand" DLC.

Approaching the halfway mark; I promise no Bad Ratz.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955066.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-8407DC0744A409A4 - Taken by Blak_Status. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-1F30FE8AE0E271E4 - Taken by Kuroyume. 15 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-645F32469FD9D194 - Taken by dot. 14 entrants total.
Pinball FX2: Balance of the Force pack -- MB-DC3A043F894919FF - Taken by Supaidaman. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-1689E5A2DA80F14A - Taken by Gez. 12 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion -- MB-75D0B1243D5928BE - Taken by Unicorn. 28 entrants total.
Toybox Turbos -- MB-EFFE6078C0214906 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 35 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-5109F19BCC513E65 - Taken by tioslash. 15 entrants total.
Gauntlet -- MB-C8DDFA1A46C6490F - Taken by iosefe. 69 entrants total.

t1419798448z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned
I'll post it here from the Holiday Sales thread.
A "quick" write up on Skullgirls and Rogue Legacy for those that are interested in the games but not sure if they want to pull the trigger.

Skullgirls - Are you a fan of fighting games or interested of getting into the genre? Either way this game is for you, one of the best western fighting games this kickstarted gem has all the depth of bigger titles. If this is your first time in the ring they've got your back with one of the most complete tutorial sections I've ever seen (including character specific tutorials), from basic things to moves I'll never be able to pull off myself you can find it all in the tutorial section.
Once you know how to hold your own the game opens up with a roster of unique characters and with different movesets and playstyles. If that's not enought then change the rules: choose to fight as a 3 member team of weaker characters, a 2 member team of regular characters or face your foes as a single powerful character who doesn't need assists.
But that's not all, the reason this game is so highly praised is due to its charm. From the characters, to the backgrounds, the announcer voice and even the music selection this game just oozes charisma and that's why 'till this day many hold it close to their hearts.

Rogue Legacy - This game can be viewed as either a rogue-like or rogue-lite depending on where you draw the line but the game starts with a simple premise: What do you do with the burden of your father's legacy? What will you leave behind for your next of kin?
The game works as a 2D randomly generated manor of doom: you'll choose which class you want to use that time, enter the castle and brave the unknown in search of riches and answers.
The gold you earn on each run can be used to upgrade your own manor: unlocking new classes, stat boosts or miscellaneous upgrades that will make future adventures more manageable or fruitful, whether you want to rely on magick or stick to melee you'll find your own play style. You can also buy new gear and runes from friendly NPCs to help you on your quests.
But hidden in the depths of the castle hide perils greater than the common for, if a boss is giving you a hard time you can always count on a special NPC to lock down the castle and help you have another go at that big meanie.
Each time you go in the castle you'll be more powerful and knowledgeable and each time you'll go deeper, finding clues that will lead you to the secrets of the castle.

Special Note [exclusively for this thread]:
The other thread has turned into a shitstorm of Rogue-like vs Rogue-lite, be warned!!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam Idle Master 0.7 has been released. This version has been rewritten in C# and runs on Microsoft Windows. You can obtain this new version directly from the new Idle Master website at www.steamidlemaster.com.

This new version includes a lot of new features including the ability to pause / resume idling, skip the current idling game, and to minimize the application to the system tray. It also includes a drastically simplified setup procedure (no more messing with browser cookies and text files). Additionally, once installed Idle Master will periodically check to make sure you're running the latest version.

The source code for this version is available on Github, along with the non-Windows Python applications which are no longer being developed. Because of the shift in programming languages, there may be bugs. I'm happy to assist in any way I can.

Steam Idle Master 0.7 has been released. This version has been rewritten in C# and runs on Microsoft Windows. You can obtain this new version directly from the new Idle Master website at www.steamidlemaster.com.

This new version includes a lot of new features including the ability to pause / resume idling, skip the current idling game, and to minimize the application to the system tray. It also includes a drastically simplified setup procedure (no more messing with browser cookies and text files). Additionally, once installed Idle Master will periodically check to make sure you're running the latest version.

The source code for this version is available on Github, along with the non-Windows Python applications which are no longer being developed. Because of the shift in programming languages, there may be bugs. I'm happy to assist in any way I can.

Is this against Steam policy? Could they do something about it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this against Steam policy? Could they do something about it?

Idling Steam games has been around since Trading Cards were first introduced, and I don't know of a single user that has gotten in trouble for doing it. It's not against the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

I suppose if they wanted to, they could add the application to their VAC pattern detection, which is why I don't recommend running Idle Master while connected to a VAC enabled server.

Thanks a lot for this jshackles. Gonna try this out.

Please let me know if you run into any issues! :)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Why would Valve care to stop you? They take a cut out of every card sale you make, then take their same usual cut out of every game sale whether from Steam credit or not, so you raking in the dough means they are raking it in as well. He may have made them more money than Durante.

Idling Steam games has been around since Trading Cards were first introduced, and I don't know of a single user that has gotten in trouble for doing it. It's not against the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

I suppose if they wanted to, they could add the application to their VAC pattern detection, which is why I don't recommend running Idle Master while connected to a VAC enabled server.

Please let me know if you run into any issues! :)

Why would Valve care to stop you? They take a cut out of every card sale you make, then take their same usual cut out of every game sale whether from Steam credit or not, so you raking in the dough means they are raking it in as well. He may have made them more money than Durante.

Cool stories bros, thanks. I'm just relatively a noob and still figuring this whole Steam world out :)

Nabs

This new build of Idlemaster is great. It stalled when it tried loading my profile info, but closing it and starting it up cleared everything up.

Coreda

Is there a way to install this portably?

Also if you're looking for a way to take screenshots for the site including Aero transparency and shadows, use ShareX. I use it all the time to take window screenshots.

Cerity

Continuing on from my last spot in The Long Dark, I was pretty well stocked up on food from fishing and had plenty of firewood, so I decided to go exploring. I ended up finding a Dam control room/building. Explored the first floor and ran into a wolf, popped a flare and scared it off thinking that it was gone, went further down and found a rifle but no bullets, after clearing the second floor out, my flare ran out. Thought I'd scared off that wolf so didn't worry, I turned around and there were 3 of them, I fought off one but had lost more than half my health, 2nd one got me. Died 4 days in.

Started a new sandbox, got dropped into the game at 9pm, in the middle of a blizzard next to a pack of wolves. 0/10.

jshackles

This new build of Idlemaster is great. It stalled when it tried loading my profile info, but closing it and starting it up cleared everything up.

Thanks for the info, glad you got it working. :) I've been working on that section of the code quite a bit but I knew it might not be 100%, although I was hoping.

Is there a way to install this portably?

Also if you're looking for a way to take screenshots for the site including Aero transparency and shadows, use ShareX. I use it all the time to take window screenshots.

The application itself is portable though the distribution method I chose makes that a little bit difficult. If you launch Idle Master you can look in the task manager -> processes section. Right click IdleMaster.exe and select "Open File Location". Next, simply copy all of the files in that folder to your portable device and it should run fine from any Windows PC that has the .NET Framework and Steam installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom