• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

Did some cleaning, I don't think this was used. Sorry if it was.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-E8F9D33B8E84130B - Taken by ProjectOmega2x

Awesome giveaway, here's a little webm I made of The Long Dark a few weeks ago, the atmosphere is this game is just great, well worth the asking price I say.

http://a.pomf.se/hepdqg.webm

Oh thanks :) especially for the webm. I do like that art style; more aesthetically pleasing to me than uber realism. Looking forward to this :D.

Thoreauing my chip in the lot.

Good luck! [/Great Fox]

yeah....same there.

welcome back dude!

What's so good about The Long Dark compared to other survival games of the genre?

There's quite a bit of chat about it over the last few pages. I haven't played it yet so unless someone posts their impressions again it's worth having a quick look back a couple of pages or so :).

MUnited83

For you.
GIVE
MORE
US
MORE
INFORMATION!

erm.....
HcT37.png

Turfster

wheres Turf at? I need my partner in crime on dealing with janky ass Focus Entertainment games
I live again...

WinGameStore has The Talos Principle 25% off

GMG dailies: WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE
  • Dishonored GOTY 66% off, base version 75% off
  • Orange Box 75% off
  • Fallout Classics Collection 75% off
  • Full Spectrum Warrior Franchise 90% off
  • Gothic Franchise 85% off (not everything is a Steam key)
  • Deadfall Adventures 90% off
  • Genesis Rising 90% off
  • Remember Me 75% off
  • Lost Planet 3 80% off

dex3108

I live again...

• Orange Box 75% off
  • Genesis Rising 90% off
  • Remember Me 75% off
  • Lost Planet 3 80% off

Every time it hurts so much to see Dishonored on discount :( Damn you Bethesda i need only The Brigmore Witches.

Deques

I live again...

• Orange Box 75% off
  • Genesis Rising 90% off
  • Remember Me 75% off
  • Lost Planet 3 80% off

Is it time to get those?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I had no idea Pandemonium was on Pc, let alone on Steam

GaussTek

Are Y's games essay to get into..wanting to buy all of them..is there a recommended order or each one?

I'd say play first Ys Chronicles+ (I, II), then Ys Oath in Felghana, and then Ys Origin.

Yep, Origin is a prequel, however, it was released later than the first three, and it improves on a few gameplay/graphic aspects. So, that way you won't feel that the first three are a bit archaic or lack on some stuff (specially I&II, Oath in Felghana is close to Origin, but still I consider Origin to be obviously better).

Monooboe

Tried some LA Noire again, haven't played it since release on 360 and I forgot how well made it was in some aspects. Like in the first fight your are in and your hat flies off, when you later walk over it he picks it up again, little touches like that.

Tried some LA Noire again, haven't played it since release on 360 and I forgot how well made it was in some aspects. Like in the first fight your are in and your hat flies off, when you later walk over it he picks it up again, little touches like that.
Yes, it's really cool, I think the game is much better than it gets credit for.

Anyone knows what happened to "Whore or the orient" or whatever their new game was called?

Unicorn

Almost forgot to buy the Skullgirls DLC for the discount price! Damn this quasi-tricky Steam Sale where all the good things that I'm missing are buried in franchise/series discounts.

Also, don't forget to grab free Eliza! I almost did!

PaulLFC

Has anyone had issues with Steam taking nearly all available bandwidth for downloads, even when using the "limit download speed to" setting, and when its displayed "current rate" is nowhere near the max download speed of the connection?

When my brother tries to download Steam games our connection which Speedtest usually shows as 7-8 Mbps instantly drops to 1.2-1.5 Mbps. As soon as Steam downloads are completely paused it jumps back up to 8 Mbps.

This is despite Steam saying it's only downloading at about 300kb/s (max speed I've seen for downloads on our connection is 1.1mb/s) - so it's using less than a third of what's available, yet hogging the connection almost entirely.

We've tried using the download speed limiter in Steam options, this made no difference. It seems to be as soon as Steam starts downloading, the connection becomes almost useless for doing anything else. As soon as Steam is paused, things are back to normal. If Steam was downloading at near 1mb/s I could understand, as that's the full download speed we can usually get with this connection - but it's getting nowhere near that.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Has anyone had issues with Steam taking nearly all available bandwidth for downloads, even when using the "limit download speed to" setting, and when its displayed "current rate" is nowhere near the max download speed of the connection?

When my brother tries to download Steam games our connection which Speedtest usually shows as 7-8 Mbps instantly drops to 1.2-1.5 Mbps. As soon as Steam downloads are completely paused it jumps back up to 8 Mbps.

This is despite Steam saying it's only downloading at about 300kb/s (max speed I've seen for downloads on our connection is 1.1mb/s) - so it's using less than a third of what's available, yet hogging the connection almost entirely.

We've tried using the download speed limiter in Steam options, this made no difference. It seems to be as soon as Steam starts downloading, the connection becomes almost useless for doing anything else. As soon as Steam is paused, things are back to normal. If Steam was downloading at near 1mb/s I could understand, as that's the full download speed we can usually get with this connection - but it's getting nowhere near that.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I frequently use the limiter since I share the internet connection, and I can tell you that my experience is often the opposite of yours: if I turn the limiter on to say 512 KB/s, the download will frequently stop completely or go down to 50-100 KB/s, but I can still use all my other internet applications with no problems. But if I turn the limiter off, it happily gobbles all my bandwidth at max speed until the download is done.

Uzzy

Does anyone have any experience of Ancient Space? The reviews are rather mixed, and a 40% discount isn't that appealing.

Divius

The Long Dark is pretty cool it seems. First try I got spawned in the pitch black night and got attacked by a wolf almost immediately, I survived for 31 minutes. Second try was a similar story except I survived an hour longer. Did not find anything during those tries.

Third run went pretty great. Found decent clothes, tools and food and was exploring the world and loving it. Found a 'fishing town' and made the dumb mistake of sleeping in an open cabin, so I died during the night -_- did not know that could happen. I probably could have lived a lot longer if I didn't make such a dumb mistake, but the other choice was crossing ice to get to a cabin. It was pitch black and I've been told the ice can crack so I did not want to risk that. Ugh.

MadGear

I don't really now about ancient space, but it really comes as a surprise that out of these 3 games the one with the worst user reviews actually wins the vote.

Majukun

don't know what it is,but i've played shovel knight for 3 hours without realizing it

only problems i have with the game so far are the fact that to change secondary item you have to pass always from the menu,and that the "invincibility for a couple seconds" it's the "win button" and they give it to you pretty much at the beginning of the game

don't know what it is,but i've played shovel knight for 3 hours without realizing it

only problems i have with the game so far are the fact that to change secondary item you have to pass always from the menu,and that the "invincibility for a couple seconds" it's the "win button" and they give it to you pretty much at the beginning of the game

Force yourself to not use that item, just pretend it's not there. Makes the game a lot more interesting.

brassica

Let's see id Dishonored is as good as everyone says.

I added a bunch of people from here on my friend list, don't worry if you receive an invitation, it is no spam.
Some actually blocked me :-(
Can we find members based on Twitter and/or Facebook and import them easily?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
J, you could change the downloadable file name or zip it or something, because I think this warning in Chrome 39...

s6VdurY.png

...could scare away most people.

Chrome is doing that just because the domain is new, hasn't been crawled by Google, and they haven't run their AV over the site just yet. My alternative would have been to wait a few more days to release, when the software was already ready. I've submitted a ticket to Google so hopefully that'll get cleared up in the next few days.

From the looks of it IdleMaster.exe.config is where the data is stored. You could paste in the data like before. Haven't tried it yet.

That... might work. I'm working on an update that will let you type in or copy/paste your information into the program similar to the old version, if you prefer to do it that way.

I'm no expert but theoretically jshackles could already hijack your account with the data you have to provide in the old version anyway right? Not sure why you have a problem with the new method.

Neither the old nor new Idle Master have any sort of transport mechanism where your cookie data is transmitted anywhere outside of the program in any way. That said, if you were to email me your settings.txt file or IdleMaster.exe.config file without sanitizing it first, I could theoretically sign in to Steam as you and trade all of your items away. It's also worth pointing out that people have done that in the past (out of ignorance) and I'm not the kind of guy that would do anything like that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't need to worry about this happening with either version.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I added a bunch of people from here on my friend list, don't worry if you receive an invitation, it is no spam.
Some actually blocked me :-(
Can we find members based on Twitter and/or Facebook and import them easily?
I imagine some others here are similar to me:

-If you don't have a public profile, I can't make shit of you and you will probably get blocked.
-If you aren't even in the NeoGAF steam group, you'll probably get ignored.
-If you have some mutual friends, I'll let it sit and investigate when/if I ever feel arsed to do so.
-If you are in the NeoGAF steam group, have 5 or more mutual friends I recognize/talk to and over 500 games and level 10 profile, I'll probably accept.

Basically, I do get spam and I do get mooches and I do get people who just want to be in with the GAF group guys and I don't have use for Steam friends that I hold no ties with/potential to actually play games with.

Deques

From time to time, Steam goes crazy and shows me this popup from 2006, with nothing in it:

This time, it was after I bought a 2pack for skullgirls. I wonder why this happens.

You bought a 2-pack, activated it and got a giftable copy. That's what happened

It's the popup which is supposed to show you that you have an extra copy of the game in your inventory. Seems to be bugged and Valve don't give no fucks.

It's been like this forever, I wonder if they ever care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom