• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

The original Dark Souls is still great, for sure.
As for the bold... I'm not sure that's exactly what the devs had in mind, but hey, whatever makes you happy.

I wish I could figure out a "hot" boss to be summoned for. I tried leaving my sign down for O&S, but wasn't summoned... I've only been summoned once (Quelaag) and that was a fiasco.

Any idea where a good/hot summon spot for someone around SL65 would be?

Four Kings?

MUnited83

For you.
As for the bold... I'm not sure that's exactly what the devs had in mind, but hey, whatever makes you happy.

I wish I could figure out a "hot" boss to be summoned for. I tried leaving my sign down for O&S, but wasn't summoned... I've only been summoned once (Quelaag) and that was a fiasco.

For O&S, did you put your summon sign just before the fog wall or did you put it on the castle's bonfire?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

We both know the game front to back, what are we suppose to do, pretend not to know where everything is or how to play efficiently?

Water

Voting for Mercenary Kings.

Luftrausers is very fun for the first hour or two, but ultimately falls flat on its face. I don't think I've ever played a game that suffers more from being limited to 30 FPS than Luftrausers does. Also, there's no new levels to get to, or any sort of endgame beyond a few special enemies that have a tiny random chance of appearing and still aren't all that special. Scoring system is poor and unimaginative, and so are the quests/missions for the most part. Unfortunately I expect Vlambeer will keep repeating the same mistakes in future games because they simply aren't concerned with this stuff.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Voting for Mercenary Kings.

Luftrausers is very fun for the first hour or two, but ultimately falls flat on its face. I don't think I've ever played a game that suffers more from being limited to 30 FPS than Luftrausers does. Also, there's no new levels to get to, or any sort of endgame beyond a few special enemies that have a tiny random chance of appearing and still aren't all that special. Scoring system is poor and unimaginative, and so are the quests/missions for the most part. Unfortunately I expect Vlambeer will keep repeating the same mistakes in future games because they simply aren't concerned with this stuff.

That is disappointing, but not too surprising to find out.

Kiru

Is Recettear worth picking up at 66% off then? I've heard people talk it up a fair amount.

Yes.
12840475940841.jpg

I just had my first scam message today. Not from a random guy but from someone I had on my friends list for a while. It also was in russian. At first I thought he meant to send it to another person, but then I noticed the link (a .png file i think) and realized what it was. I didn't click anything, closed the chat window and removed that guy since I had basically never talked to him anyway.
So what was it? His account got hacked by clicking on one of these links and now it sends messages to people on his friends list?

Tizoc

Lost Planet 3 is $8 at GMG with the 20% discount code
Cheapest it's been so far.
..someone should make a thread about that =_=

dani_dc

So many games and I can't settle on one to play.

Wait for the dailies. It could still go to 75.

Game only went on sale yesterday due to a communication error with Valve.

Dailies were probably set ahead of time, so I imagine there's very few chances of the game going lower.

Though I guess at this point it wouldn't hurt to wait a few more days.

I use https://www.xmarks.com/
It syncs across all the major browsers. And you can check all your bookmarks on their website after logging in as well!
thanks. but i'll first give firefox's proprietary snyc a shot.
Is it just me or are foils being rather common for the Sale cards? I think thats my fourth now.
yeah, crazy. i got 3 winter foils. two from crafting, one from voting.
the first one went for 1 buck but then prices crashed and the other two went for 30cent.

Found out that the copy of Wolfenstein:TNO I bought from GMG last week still gave me the promo items for TF2...sadly they aren't really worth much anymore but something is better than nothing

Sch1sm

I just had my first scam message today. Not from a random guy but from someone I had on my friends list for a while. It also was in russian. At first I thought he meant to send it to another person, but then I noticed the link (a .png file i think) and realized what it was. I didn't click anything, closed the chat window and removed that guy since I had basically never talked to him anyway.
So what was it? His account got hacked by clicking on one of these links and now it sends messages to people on his friends list?

Basically. Phished. He needs to change his password.

dani_dc

Sounds rather safe to assume that it was phishing, if you have his contact elsewhere let him know so he can change is password and contact Valve incase anything got stolen from his account.

Knurek

So, I just conquered Stray Demon before even setting foot in Sen's Fortress, with no magic and unkindled bonfire before the boss
That was some fight, I tell you.
Only Dark Souls can give you the rogue feels without actually being rougelike.

Tecl0n

Finally got Knight's Honor in Dark souls. That should take care of the most time consuming achievement.

*sees requierements for prayer of a maiden*

JESUS CHRIST

autoduelist

Luftrausers is an amazing game. Yes, it's an endless score attack game. But it's so good. It's not your traditional dual stick shooter, but definitely more 'airplane' -- you control turning and thrust, and you can create beautiful movements using gravity and stalling as your friend. Dodging bullets and destroying screens full of enemies is a blast.

Critics are correct - there is no 'level 2'... however, the difficultly of your next game is based on how good you are. That is, if you score extremely well, your next game starts faster paced, and the reverse is true as well, mostly eliminating that 'dang it I need to start over now everything's too slow' feel of many score attack games.

There's also a hidden nightmare mode that is bullet hell friendly -- it'll seem impossible to survive more than 5 seconds at first, but it's not.

There is a slight, intentional frame freeze when getting hit (old school, lets you get your bearings) that some confuse for a glitch; it's not, just a stylistic/gameplay choice.

Love it! Would have voted for it if I didn't already own it, I've sunk many hours into it.

Can somebody explain this to me? What benefit does this have? Is this person just sitting there typing in endless buy orders and crafting for days for no benefit, spending a fortune? Does he likely have it all automated? What's going on?

MUnited83

For you.
Luftrausers is an amazing game. Yes, it's an endless score attack game. But it's so good. It's not your traditional dual stick shooter, but definitely more 'airplane' -- you control turning and thrust, and you can create beautiful movements using gravity and stalling as your friend. Dodging bullets and destroying screens full of enemies is a blast.

Critics are correct - there is no 'level 2'... however, the difficultly of your next game is based on how good you are. That is, if you score extremely well, your next game starts faster paced, and the reverse is true as well, mostly eliminating that 'dang it I need to start over now everything's too slow' feel of many score attack games.

There's also a hidden nightmare mode that is bullet hell friendly -- it'll seem impossible to survive more than 5 seconds at first, but it's not.

There is a slight, intentional frame freeze when getting hit (old school, lets you get your bearings) that some confuse for a glitch; it's not, just a stylistic/gameplay choice.

Love it! Would have voted for it if I didn't already own it, I've sunk many hours into it.

Can somebody explain this to me? What benefit does this have? Is this person just sitting there typing in endless buy orders and crafting for days for no benefit, spending a fortune? Does he likely have it all automated? What's going on?

You only have to make like 10 buy orders. One for each of the cards. You can put any quantity you want.

Small reminder that this is almost ending.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955066.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-8407DC0744A409A4 - Taken by Blak_Status. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-1F30FE8AE0E271E4 - Taken by Kuroyume. 15 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-645F32469FD9D194 - Taken by dot. 14 entrants total.
Pinball FX2: Balance of the Force pack -- MB-DC3A043F894919FF - Taken by Supaidaman. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-1689E5A2DA80F14A - Taken by Gez. 12 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion -- MB-75D0B1243D5928BE - Taken by Unicorn. 28 entrants total.
Toybox Turbos -- MB-EFFE6078C0214906 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 35 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-5109F19BCC513E65 - Taken by tioslash. 15 entrants total.
Gauntlet -- MB-C8DDFA1A46C6490F - Taken by iosefe. 69 entrants total.

t1419798448z1.png

So the other day I posted the following:

Today I was scrolling through my library and noticed this:

I've disappointed myself.

In its defence that game is fucking fantastic.

I won it off steamgifts and its great. Wouldn't buy it cuz of its DRM but the game itself is legit great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom