• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Nyteshade517 for Sliver!

Hope this works.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Killing Floor Guest Pass -- MB-805F0ED0ECE64F86 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Killing Floor Guest Pass #2 -- MB-49C809F3D42F6DA6 - Taken by UncleO

Obvious question, but how 'feature complete' is The Long Dark? Basically just sandbox with no story right now?

To the Moon is an amazing experince, anyone interested in feely games should get it.

I felt nothing.

I just noticed at least something good from this sale... no repeat flash/daily/votes (so far). then again theres less slots so... >_>

well, we're fucked now. Repeats rest of the sale.

I, uh.....wow

man. i tried jumping ship to firefox now that i made a clean start on my laptop.

but holy smokes it is so chugging. good lord i can't manage half a dozen pages without serious slowdowns :/

looks like i gotta go back to chrome. gonna give a last try with waterfox.

dani_dc

I never said I'd waste it all on badges.

Fair enough point!

At least it is a pretty decent game.

In its defence that game is fucking fantastic.

I won it off steamgifts and its great. Wouldn't buy it cuz of its DRM but the game itself is legit great.

there is a workaround for this issue and hey! it's one of the few games i 100%'ed! even speedrunned the first level lol.

Very reassuring opinions at least, I'll need to give it a go since I own it already.

Interesting to hear that there's a work around, I'll have to look into it.

dani_dc

your thread sucks tizoc i'm going to blame it on you if i get only 12 replies before it gets buried to the second page
The good thing about the thread is that it's letting people find out Lost Planet 3 was released.

Audio surf 2 was supposed to win the vote. If you didn't vote for it I hate you.

I have no idea how Ancient Space won, it seems to be the less known and less popular of the three games if we go by Steamcharts, plus there are 50% of negative reviews.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I suddenly want to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
because I don't have to study for an exam

Should I install the complete mod?

For O&S, did you put your summon sign just before the fog wall or did you put it on the castle's bonfire?

Bonfire. It's annoying that Solarie's is in that great hall... I wasn't expecting people to try to clear everything there and then summon me just for S&O.

Four Kings?

People summon for that?
Where to put my sign?

Most of my helping people in the original DS when it came out was Quelaag. I think I did a few S&O too.

--

Artorias is no joke... but this might be the best fight in the whole game (so far).

Lomax

If I had money to waste like that I'd rather be giving out stuff to people than waste it on 6666 badge levels.

Every badge made came from cards sold by other people. All the card money we all have is thanks to people like that. In that respect, he's far more generous to more people and not just his own friends than you describe.

Arthea

I bought Shovel Knight, that message about "no discount" was brilliant move, seeing as it made me jump the shark.

Steam Gaf,

Why do I want this?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47304/

Are any of these games really that good? They all seem interesting if not flawed, and the package price seems good.

Star Wolves and Space Rangers in general interest me the most

none of those are bad, and Space Rangers is the real deal, the game is great, I don't know how good HD version is in fact (still haven't played it), but I heard only good things about it, and Star Wolves are fun too if you are into such games at all.

autoduelist

man. i tried jumping ship to firefox now that i made a clean start on my laptop.

but holy smokes it is so chugging. good lord i can't manage half a dozen pages without serious slowdowns :/

looks like i gotta go back to chrome. gonna give a last try with waterfox.

Is it a newer laptop? I've got firefox and about 100 tabs open right now, plus a game in the background, no problem. It's a fairly fresh install just like yours -- installed windows (removing the OEM) last week I think.

People summon for that?
Where to put my sign?

Before "jumping" into the void if I remember correctly, on the stairs.

Yes, though sometimes it's hard to find one there. Worst case, put one on the dock at the very beginning. A couple good players can get to the void very quickly. Obviously closer is better if you get summons, but I often had better luck at the dock.

Is it a newer laptop? I've got firefox and about 100 tabs open right now, plus a game in the background, no problem. It's a fairly fresh install just like yours -- installed windows (removing the OEM) last week I think.
;_; no. 2007 model

hm, weird. steampage keeps logging me out all of a sudden constantly.
i login, go to a storepage, boom. logged out.

Anteater

god i hate modern game checkpoints

"do you really want to quit cuz you will lose all them fucking progress but I'm not going to tell you when was the last time you saved, did you not notice that save icon that flashes on the top right hand corner when the game automatically saved? LOL"

Knurek

Arthea, this came out today in Japan:

Cover.jpg

2800 Yen, two songs. :)

gngf123

Isn't that like really expensive?! I guess Estelle is worth any money, but still (><)

Yeah, it is pretty expensive. About $24/£15.

I should go back to playing Trails. I just wish I could scale the UI text a bit so I could sit back and play it from a distance.

RedRumy3

You guys think Final Fantasy XIV will go on sale? I think it was 12 last x-mas sale.

Started the free trial and I am capped at Level 20 so I want to buy it but scared it will go on sale :X

Arthea

I think I did not very smart thing... I bought Orange Box to tie TF2 to my account and I already had all other games, I thought it being valve pack and all, I'll get gifts for all, but in fact I got only for two. Is it supposed to be so?

Popstar

I think I did not very smart thing... I bought Orange Box to tie TF2 to my account and I already had all other games, I thought it being valve pack and all, I'll get gifts for all, but in fact I got only for two. Is it supposed to be so?
Yeah. Since they didn't release HL2:ep2 standalone (at the time) this was the only way to get it. So for people who already had HL2 and ep1 they gave them extra copies.

XShagrath

"do you really want to quit cuz you will lose all them fucking progress but I'm not going to tell you when was the last time you saved, did you not notice that save icon that flashes on the top right hand corner when the game automatically saved? LOL"

FarCry: Blood Dragon is the worst with this. I played it for the first time for like 30 minutes and then quit, and it gave me that message. Come back, and I'm at the beginning again. Play it next time for like an hour, and I'm at the beginning again. Haven't gone back.

autoduelist

So two questions...

I'm staring at Warhammer: Dawn of War on sale, and really liking what I see on youtube. But I'm also on the fence about a few other games (doorkickers, age of wonders 3, mostly) but am only buying one more game.

But what I realized is this: what i'd really want is a Dawn of War type game that's turn based. Large army of mechs/soldiers, with some amount of unit progression (level up, perks, whatever), possibly with some meta-overworld strategy level (choosing where to attack, etc).

Does a game like that exist?

Also... are there any games like that in a more realistic setting that have traditional Greek or Roman gods and monsters (Zeus, cyclops, medusa, etc). Still turn based.

EDIT - i'd be okay with polished and well regarded mods making an existing game fit these parameters...

Gah. I should just pick up doorkickers and be done with it, but this Steam sale has it's grips in me and I'm researching new games and spinning in circles with my last bux.

Lol, this bothers me too. I always end up playing longer till I find something that simply, positively, must be a checkpoint... and then find out the next day it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom