• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Bioshock Infinite.
Certainly wasn't perfect.

One could also argue that the Souls counter in Dark Souls count...

yea bioshock infinite does this, still a bit of guessing work but at least if you bring up the menu right after an area you will know whether the game has saved or not

Monooboe

My man... YES.

GRVvV.gif

I made a lengthy post about LA Noire when I completed it 2 years ago, with examples of all these little touches.

If you know Dutch, read here http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/38598620#38598620

Otherwise: rough, fast translation.

It contains NO spoilers about the storyline.

Btw, I played it on PC and had no performance issues. Yes, there is a 30 fps lock but I didn't find it too annoying.
Not that I'm a closet peasant. I would have liked unlocked.

Some of those little touches can right now seem ordinary. Like the tears in driveways. But I remember this kind of detail was rather new back when I played this game.

Another thing I really liked, was that when you are out and about and having a dialog with your partner and when you go into the car the dialog just transitions naturally and thinking about I can't remember how other games do it, I'm pretty sure they do the same but it was just how it was done now that made me notice it.

Reading through your list sure makes me want to play the whole game again, at least I will play the DLC.:D

Turfster

And that was the "end" of Marvellous Miss Take, although I haven't quite finished the extra character routes yet.
Wonderful little stealth puzzler with a nice aesthetic, toe-tapping soundtrack and some truly hard gameplay.

Monooboe

A question about the uplay holiday giveaway thingie, they had that "DISCOVER OUR NEW AND EXCLUSIVE ANIMATED COVER!", Öhm, where is that unlocked and what is it?o_O I haven't really seen anything of the unlocked stuff anywhere.

Now that I've bought This War of Mine, there are only two more games that I really want and have to have, The Fall and Ether One, the rest on my wishlist I can wait for. Or the Talos Principle would be awesome but it won't be in my price range this sale.

So. Any japanese games being announced for steam in the last two weeks? Just saw Fairy Fencer F and Neptunia were confirmed. Any other ones?

And what happened to this PSP Mind something game that was greenlit?

gngf123

So. Any japanese games being announced for steam in the last two weeks? Just saw Fairy Fencer F and Neptunia were confirmed. Any other ones?

And what happened to this PSP Mind something game that was greenlit?

Those two and Akiba's Trip I think. Although I don't think that one is confirmed, just found on the Steam database.

You might be thinking of Mind Zero.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
tbh you could get both vh & tg from your wl and still have enough in your wallet for imo great games like dishonored, tomb raider or max payen 3.
looks like a good choice to make.

Max Payne 3 takes control away from the player far too often for my liking, which would be less of an issue if the game didn't insist that the player sit through virtually all of its cutscenes. I like to say that at some point during development R* forgot it was making a game and instead ultimately released something that's more a homage to Tony Scott.

Sini

And that was the "end" of Marvellous Miss Take, although I haven't quite finished the extra character routes yet.
Wonderful little stealth puzzler with a nice aesthetic, toe-tapping soundtrack and some truly hard gameplay.
I'm nearing the end in that game as well. Getting everything perfect is often really frustrating. :mad:

Anteater

Max Payne 3 takes control away from the player far too often for my liking, which would be less of an issue if the game didn't insist that the player sit through virtually all of its cutscenes. I like to say that at some point during development R* forgot it was making a game and instead ultimately released something that's more a homage to Tony Scott.

the last level in the air port was actually good

all the other levels suck donkey balls

Turfster

I'm nearing the end in that game as well. Getting everything perfect is often really frustrating. :mad:

Yeah, I haven't gone for perfect after like, the 18th map for Sophia, and I'm still far behind on Harry and Daisy.
You know the funny bit?
Once you get all the par times,
there are two levels of harder ones
apparently.

hm. it's been some time since i played it on ps3. i remember controls being very tight and fun.
but cutscenes were such a letdown after the beautifully stylized comicesque ones in 1+2. Story didn't grab me either.
ost was nice and there was a fair amount of different levels.

it's a good game. just can't live up to its superior predecessors.
the last level in the air port was actually good
all the other levels suck donkey balls
that shootout in the office though :O

Sini

Yeah, I haven't gone for perfect after like, the 18th map for Sophia, and I'm still far behind on Harry and Daisy.
You know the funny bit?
Once you get all the par times, there are harder ones apparently.
There are two extra tiers. Pro times and dev times. Oh god no...

Huh, out of the top 10 games based on current player count, Football Manager 2015 seems to be the only that released this year. Found that interesting that none of the other games released this year has the same staying power. 11-20 has a few 2014 games at least I think.

Turfster

There are two extra tiers. Pro times and dev times. Oh god no...

Btw, do you know what the indicators are for masterpiece/par/ghost?
They're obviously somewhere on the paintings, but the only reply on the discussion forum was deleted or something, so all that's still there is the question and the thanks post -_-

Jame Retief

Neo Member
I haven't seen this posted so, F.Y.I., Newegg.com is having an Activision sale and there is an additional 15% promo code ("ACTIVESAVE") as well.

The sales are on individual games and bundle packs of franchises. Includes Transformers, Amazing Spider Man, Prototype, Call of Duty and others.

For example, the Amazing Spider Man Franchise pack is $24 after the promo code and includes both games and all DLC (as 1 Steam key, so no extras).

Click the "Activision" tab for the full list: http://www.newegg.com/Digital-Games/Category/ID-377.

Sini

Btw, do you know what the indicators are for masterpiece/par/ghost?
They're obviously somewhere on the paintings, but the only reply on the discussion forum was deleted or something, so all that's still there is the question and the thanks post -_-
I want to find it out as well. I saw and left a comment in that odd thread too.

Huh, out of the top 10 games based on current player count, Football Manager 2015 seems to be the only that released this year. Found that interesting that none of the other games released this year has the same staying power. 11-20 has a few 2014 games at least I think.

2014 and 2013 are still in the top 100 as well! Those games have amazing staying power. I wonder how many steam accounts are out there with only football managers in them?

autoduelist

Dominions 4 is probably the closest you'll get on Steam.

My first thought was ASL (advanced squad leader, you pervs), so there's stuff like Combat Mission, but it's not on Steam.

Dominions 4 looks wonderful, actually. Looks like it's been 75% off based on steamdb.... must have missed the daily already? Dammit.

A day late and several dollars short.

2014 and 2013 are still in the top 100 as well! Those games have amazing staying power. I wonder how many steam accounts are out there with only have football managers in them?

Oh tons. Football Manager is what got me into Steam and PC gaming. I guarantee you there's at least 100,000 Steam accounts with only FM games in them. The FM crowd has some overlap with the FIFA crowd after all. I used to frequent the Neoseeker FM forums back when I was into the games.

EDIT: FM 2013 has more current players than The Crew...

Oh tons. Football Manager is what got me into Steam and PC gaming. I guarantee you there's at least 100,000 Steam accounts with only FM games in them. The FM crowd has some overlap with the FIFA crowd after all. I used to frequent the Neoseeker FM forums back when I was into the games.

I think the first one I bought was CM97/98 maybe and I bought and played everyone one of them all the way through to FM2010 when I finally managed to kick the habit! Though I did pick up a cheap copy of 2013 recently.

Turfster

I got a hard question for you all.

Shadowrun Dragonfall DC or Transistor?

I finished Shadowrun Dragonfall and loved every bit of it.
I gave up on Transistor after a while, and never went back to it. Great art, great music, gameplay... not so much.

Ooh, I see now. I thought that they were always there. Thanks!

Yeah. For the Sophia missions, it adds 2 tiny frames above them.

Uzzy

I got a hard question for you all.

Shadowrun Dragonfall DC or Transistor?

Without knowing what you prefer, that's impossible. Really you should get both.

If you put a gun to my head and asked me to pick though, I'd go with Transistor.

Sajjaja

i'd choose dragonfall but i can't know what will make you happier

I finished Shadowrun Dragonfall and loved every bit of it.
I gave up on Transistor after a while, and never went back to it. Great art, great music, gameplay... not so much.

Without knowing what you prefer, that's impossible. Really you should get both.

If you put a gun to my head and asked me to pick though, I'd go with Transistor.

Both.

But Shadowrun Dragonfall DC first.

I was leaning towards Dragonfall. Seems I will get more mileage out of it too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom