• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuinKaos

I'll ask again:

1 - Is FFXI in sale? If so, how much is it?
2 - Can a US copy of FFXI be redeemed in South America? Or is the game region locked?

If the game can be redeemed in the Americas, I'd appreciate if someone could help me get it. I can paypal the money.

Also there's a game I can't see in the flash deals. What game is it?

To answer your first question FFXI is on sale 50% off.

I don't know the answer to any other of your questions.

I'll ask again:

1 - Is FFXI in sale? If so, how much is it?
2 - Can a US copy of FFXI be redeemed in South America? Or is the game region locked?

If the game can be redeemed in the Americas, I'd appreciate if someone could help me get it. I can paypal the money.

Also there's a game I can't see in the flash deals. What game is it?

Consider it blind luck, but I'm going to be helpful here where I'd normally be an asshole.

https://steamdb.info/app/230330/
50%, no cross region locks, it seems, $19.99

Flash deals... here's all of them, minus the community vote on software... the current 6, since you didn't tell us the 5 you COULD see:

Sherlock Holmes: Crime & Punishment
Overlord II
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate
Spec Ops: The Line
Pandora First Contact
Pixel Piracy

Spec Ops and The Forest are on my wishlist do i get them both? How are they GAF?

Spec Ops was a good time. I didn't expect much, but played through because it had a good rep here on GAF and I'd gotten it free via PS+. I had a good time and even went for the platinum on the ridiculous difficulty.

Aliens: Colonial Marines + Aliens vs. Predator pulled. That was pretty unexpected.

No ACM season pass for me I guess :v

And here I was thinking of picking up the Limited Edition DLC for ACM a few days ago.

Still amazing how much that dropped. I was in a Giant Tiger the other day and saw the PS3 CE versions being sold off for $20 - not even marked down.

Too much scrolling man.

It can get tedious I agree, but one could say 50ppp is too much clicking. Middle-click and flick speeds up scrolling immensely, also Page-Up/Page-Down.

I would love an option on GAF to display posts in reverse-chronological order, with the newest posts on top. Would save everyone a ton of scrolling time when revisting the same threads over and over to check read the latest posts. I know there's a button to take you to the past post in the threads page, but I often find it inconvenient because it's on the far end of the screen from the thread name and it's easy to accidentally click on the wrong one.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I had totally forgotten that clicking the pokeball on the left takes you to the first unread... all that wasted time :\

It can get tedious I agree, but one could say 50ppp is too much clicking. Middle-click and flick speeds up scrolling immensely, also Page-Up/Page-Down.

I would love an option on GAF to display posts in reverse-chronological order, with the newest posts on top. Would save everyone a ton of scrolling time when revisting the same threads over and over.
Umm, there's a "jump to last unread" function.

Umm, there's a "jump to last unread" function.

I know and I edited my post to mention it before seeing your reply. My reservation with it still applies.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I had totally forgotten that clicking the pokeball on the left takes you to the first unread... all that wasted time and sore fingers :\

My Let's Play of One Late Night: Deadline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccB1PFj989I

This game needs a ton of work but there is a definite kernel of a horror game in here. If the game wasn't tripping over itself, like triggering music at the same spot everytime or the janky "run" animation or not actually going fast when running or the weird exhaustion system or horrible framerate issues, it would actually be quite scary. I have to admit that I was pretty tense during the game and bracing myself for a jump scare, but eventually the game just became comedic.​
interesting setting but yeah, framerate is not consistent at all.
and the player moves so slow it makes me angry lol
My Let's Play of Geometry Dash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGt75eAVSM

I was a big fan of The Impossible Game and when I initially saw Geometry Dash I thought it was just a cheap clone, but I have to say this game definitely proved me wrong. For all intents and purposes it is the the superior version and also includes a level editor and built in system to download player created levels with the ability to download music tracks with it. Recommended
this looks like a fun game for to play together with friends. can't see myself playing it for completion sake though.
nice impressions/videos as usual phawx! :)
Aliens vs Predator is still available on Nuuvem and it's pretty cheap
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/72-aliens-vs-predator
hm. that sucks. so i guess there will be many other games which get janked off due to the new year?

sibarraz

Banned
Thanks god I got both games for 2 dollars each one

I enjoyed aliens for what it was, a generic FPS, but I got stuck in a part where the aliens never attacked and the game needed that to happen

denx

Consider it blind luck, but I'm going to be helpful here where I'd normally be an asshole.

https://steamdb.info/app/230330/
50%, no cross region locks, it seems, $19.99

Flash deals... here's all of them, minus the community vote on software... the current 6, since you didn't tell us the 5 you COULD see:

Sherlock Holmes: Crime & Punishment
Overlord II
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate
Spec Ops: The Line
Pandora First Contact
Pixel Piracy

Yo thanks.

Less clicking man

whoa

Why would anyone be surprised? :p

If anyone from the US can help me get FFXI send me a PM, like I said I can paypal the money, thanks.

Locust

Well, to be fair at least ACM was 80% off all this sale.

Anyway, the site we don't speak of that uses a penguin as their logo still has season pass keys for a bit cheaper than Amazon (~$6.75) and the games themselves go for peanuts.

MRORANGE

wow. first time seeing a windows tablet for 100 bucks.
that is pretty nice. still not really there imo for gaming. it struggles with 10 year old games.
what would be great is a handheld where i can play my steam games like spelunky, hotline miami on the go. like the shield but not streaming instead local play.

I think it should be fine if these are playable:

Half-Life 2
PPSSPP
Skyrim
Crysis
TF2
Fallout 3
Counter-Strike: Source
UT3

and if you get a iPega 9023

d0VNQfs.jpg

I do agree that size issue at 7" for the $99 tablet is an issue but for that price point and what it can do it's simple amazing.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'd guess the Alien vs Predator and ACM de-listings are temporary, since SEGA would still have the license from Isolation. Right? Or is that not how those licenses work?

I'd guess the Alien vs Predator and ACM de-listings are temporary, since SEGA would still have the license from Isolation. Right? Or is that not how those licenses work?

No idea, depends on what license they bought.

Aliens Colonial Marines - Aliens
AvP - AvP
Alien Isolation - Alien

Haha, every once in while this is brought up, it always blew someone's mind.

Yes, mind blown.

There is one, actually.
It's in the forum options under thread display mode.

Legit shook.

I can't believe I've been on the forum since day one and didn't know this. And it's not like I haven't been in that options page numerous times through the years (mainly to switch back and forth 50ppp and 100ppp as needs arise). I've become so accustomed to super-skimming web pages and only seeing what I'm looking for. Ironically that option was only appealing due to my ignorance of the first-unread button, so I don't need it now... great day for my self esteem.

Xeroblade

Spec Ops was a good time. I didn't expect much, but played through because it had a good rep here on GAF and I'd gotten it free via PS+. I had a good time and even went for the platinum on the ridiculous difficulty.

Thanks, I picked it up. I'll add it to the list of games I need to play but never will because life.

Oh, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 is gone too.
well then the likelyhood of being a temporary mistake is high since it makes no sense for such a new game to vanish.

let's wait and see. maybe pes and avp games will return shortly like walking dead survival instinct did.

Locust

well then the likelyhood of being a temporary mistake is high since it makes no sense for such a new game to vanish.

let's wait and see. maybe pes and avp games will return shortly like walking dead survival instinct did.

PES 2014 was a very likely candidate to get pulled though, 2015 is already out.

My pick is Neverending Nightmares ^___^

Edit: hoping it's not another Knock-knock... which sadly gave me zero fun :(

Neverending Nightmares is the bigest dumpster fire I've played this year.
It's legit fucking terrible.
Worse than Strider easily.

I may've said that already though... bear with me, I'm getting re-orientated now that I just wandered into the land of "newest post first.". Not sure I can manage this; I'd thought it would just reverse the order of the page you were on... but it reverses the entire thread. This is why I pulled up that quote from the first couple pages, if you were wondering.

Well, to be fair at least ACM was 80% off all this sale.

Anyway, the site we don't speak of that uses a penguin as their logo still has season pass keys for a bit cheaper than Amazon (~$6.75) and the games themselves go for peanuts.

I'm shooting blanks regarding the site. Care to elaborate?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Guys how is Wasteland 2?

Old school. Not far into it at all, but I'm quicksaving and quickloading like crazy. Lots of dice rolls for skills, lots of critical failures. No easy way to heal up. Regretting not taking premade characters or at least putting more points into combat skills to start.

I'm hoping it'll follow a similar trajectory to Fallout 2; really rough, intimidating start followed by one of the best games ever.

You need to start a thread of your top 10 or so dumpster fires.

Go look for my negative reviews on Steam.
It takes a special kind of game to get me to bother writing a negative review.

It either has to have failed to live up to massive hype of the masses or just be outright terrible.
Neverending Nightmares didn't have a lot of hype (personal or otherwise) so you do the math on that one. ;)

Speevy

Banned
Ready or not, here it comes.

Guess one game from the flashes that will be announced at 1:00 AM EST.

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

If there are two correct guessers, the person who guessed first is the winner.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $25. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $25.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. I will end the voting at my discretion around 12:45 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.

Kanokare

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $25. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $25.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. I will end the voting at my discretion around 12:45 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.

King of Fighters 13 !

do only one year old games get pulled regularly? that is weird.

I know that you can't get some of the Football Managers anymore, I think all of the ones upto and including 2014 are gone.

Football licenses are very messy, there's a fight each season for them between EA, Konami & Sega. Also, it doesn't hurt to have your old copy no longer available when your NEW version appears.

Gone Home.

I guess Wings of Vi.

Servizio

Ys: Oath in Felghana.

ITS HAPPENING THIS TIME

im gonna go with Towerfall Ascention

I know that you can't get some of the Football Managers anymore, I think all of the ones upto and including 2014 are gone.
Well in case of roster update style sequels, yeah.
Happens with Football Manager too.
guess that's a way to make people buy the new undiscounted more expensive game.
Football licenses are very messy, there's a fight each season for them between EA, Konami & Sega. Also, it doesn't hurt to have your old copy no longer available when your NEW version appears.
yup. can not imagine yearly games to change drastically to being able to compete with their own previous cheaper titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom