• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Russian gaffer here interested in BroForce?

Would like to open a russian 4 pack, the other 3 copies are not region restricted.

Yo, fair warning: Black Flag was my least favorite AC game not called AC1. Its campaign is terrible and just a series of stealth and tailing missions. I actually liked ACIII more, if that tells you anything.

people expecting more than 25% on Valkyria... the game JUST came out what, a month ago?

Ground Zeroes is at 33% right now and it just launched. 25% is fine for a non-summer-or-winter sale, but it's pretty terrible for a major sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
vdL76kg.jpg

lol for including free dlc in the list :D

Ah, awesome. It irks me when devs make a DLC app just so there's a store page that tells people the content is included by default.

Lain

I could finally install the last two Lara Croft DLC! Now I don't feel like even starting playing the game though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the devs & pubs and budget. Shame most of the talk initially was about port quality and DRM (that if it's like DA:I then that hasn't been an issue for me yet). It certainly looks like a blend of Dark Souls and Darksiders and graphically it looks stunning but my only concern might be in the world building which was a massive draw for me in the Souls series.

port quality I had some crashes (think those have been fixed) but it ran great and looks gorgeous. then again, you know my rig, so I might have brute forced it.

just dont go in expecting Dark Souls. its easier, the magic is completely OP (in a fun way tho), the combat feels much weightier (its really made for big armor and shield tbh), and its shorter. I did everything in about 25 hours

edit: those games that lost the vote have higher discounts now btw... now they are 55% off...whut? >_> they changed the system, thats interesting I guess. Still not buying spidey tho

Lomax

Why is that a lie? I thought the losers wouldn't get a higher discount at all.

Well, "lie" is a harsh word, but the discount it got was just the standard flash discount, and the identical discount it had last week. The other two games just got reduced discounts. So at least they got sale attention I suppose. But the accurate way to describe the vote would be "winner gets full discount, other two get partial" not a "bonus."

Yo, fair warning: Black Flag was my least favorite AC game not called AC1. Its campaign is terrible and just a series of stealth and tailing missions. I actually liked ACIII more, if that tells you anything.

You may be the only person I've ever heard say that. Do you just hate pirates for some reason?

Pachimari

I got to admit I'm thinking of buying AC: Unity at this very moment.

Did the PC version get the huge patch the consoles got?

Ground Zeroes is at 33% right now and it just launched. 25% is fine for a non-summer-or-winter sale, but it's pretty terrible for a major sale.
I also didn't like black flags, it's the worst one IMO, the 1st is more enjoyable to me but maybe that's cause I'm a little more forgiving to the first game in new IPs. AC2 is still the best

Uzzy

I can never remember, but does Assassins Creed 2 require you to download uplay? It'd be nice to play that again on PC, especially at £2.49. But not with uplay attached.

Backlogger

BLACK FLAG IS FINALLY 75% OFF

http://i.imgur.com/WytZsN3.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Best deal of today's deals and its buried...

[quote="Lain, post: 144037591"]Oh, exactly what I was waiting for. Well, in reality I was waiting for Amazon to have the gold steam code for 75% off. Maybe I'll wait to see if they price match.[/QUOTE]

I thought sites like Amazon were getting away from selling Steam keys of Ubi games.

Lomax

WHY THE HELL DO YOU GENETICALLY MODIFY CATS INTO CATGIRLS WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN BLOODY MODIFY THEIR LIFESPAN!?

Because if you're growing catgirls you want them to be "adults" as quickly as possible.

Oh, exactly what I was waiting for. Well, in reality I was waiting for Amazon to have the gold steam code for 75% off. Maybe I'll wait to see if they price match.

They've price matched pretty much everything so far, but as this is a "hidden" deal you probably want to go to the site and submit the price match yourself to speed up the process.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda want to play Ryse: Son of Rome. But impressions and reviews make me think it is better bought at $10.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all the Deus Ex stuff is 75% off too btw. Might get The Fall just for completion sake :(

edit: Space Run looks fun, I had no idea what kind of game it actuall was

Dr Dogg

Hmmmm well guess I better make other plans this weekend.

port quality I had some crashes (think those have been fixed) but it ran great and looks gorgeous. then again, you know my rig, so I might have brute forced it.

just dont go in expecting Dark Souls. its easier, the magic is completely OP (in a fun way tho), the combat feels much weightier (its really made for big armor and shield tbh), and its shorter. I did everything in about 25 hours

Good to hear. I know a lot of things do tend to get over blown but there have been some fairly widespread crash issues but reading the announcements pages sounds like the devs have been good with support.

I can never remember, but does Assassins Creed 2 require you to download uplay? It'd be nice to play that again on PC, especially at £2.49. But not with uplay attached.

Sadly it has Uplay as a requirement. It was the progenitor of it. Though the always online requirement has been long gone now.

MEH

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Spacebase DF9 -- MB-E016338D04F27605 - Taken by chronomac

t1419014024z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any kind soul with an account/knowledge of the site willing to buy this for me? I will paypal the money. <3

Nuuvem's one major flaw is it's not possible to purchase a game a second time, so unfortunately those who've already bought a key are unable to help, which is a fair amount of people.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Annnnd there goes my servers, catching on fire again.

I've spent more on ES servers this sale than I have on games. It's pretty interesting seeing how all of these servers scale before they crash though. I've been working for a while building a standardized ova template that I can easily deploy to a server behind the reverse proxy to bring more resources online as quickly as possible. Sadly the process hasn't been as smooth as I would like given that my current hosting company is averaging about 12 hours deployment time.

This is good though, because I've got enough servers in place now to (hopefully) meet the demand as soon as they're all deployed. I've made a mental note of this to scale the servers up big time about a week before the summer sale starts just to make sure there aren't any hiccups when the sale starts like there was this time.

In either case, after the sale is over and the load returns to normal, I can scale these servers back down because I'm not locked into any sort of contract which is very nice as I couldn't afford to keep this number of servers going year-round.

Rhaknar

75% on Black Flag means 75% on Watch Dogs right?

Right guys?

Guys?

:(

it will be 50% off I know

Why am I even thinking about buying Black Flag on Steam. Have it on Uplay and it would run start Uplay anyway. Fuck you, brain.

at least I only have it on PS4 (and only played like half an hour), im not that bad :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom