• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Annnnd there goes my servers, catching on fire again

this-is-fine-meme.jpg

Dark Souls still use Game for Windows?
I have a warning on the store page...

Annnnnnnd.... blocked.

When will they move it out of beta?

February. Don't tempt me, Ningen.

Valkyria Chronicles.

0%

Shit deal!

Shit deal for a shit port?
Wait... we have so many shit ports these days I can't remember if VC actually was a "shit port". I think it was though cause you can't run at 823fps with 7x downsampling from 64k.

25% off valkyria at $15

oh sega

Errr... I'm just gonna let my man Rhaknar handle this shit.

people expecting more than 25% on Valkyria... the game JUST came out what, a month ago?

Thanks, mang!

WIKIPEDIA SAYS 2008 THO :3

Oh. Wait.
Fuck you. :p

Good old Uncle Copons...

I like Soul Eater and all... but stop encouraging him.

every AC game requires Uplay.

More like "uDon'tPlay", amIright!? I am doing this right, right? kthxbai!

If people are wanting more than 25% off Valkyria Chronicles you can get it for that price plus a further 20% off at Green Man Gaming with their voucher code...

WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE

makes it $12

Salsa

the day I finally grab bandera negra

im guessing the gold edition is crap right

where is Jase in the one game subject he has input

Xeroblade

I can stop you from buying it just saying its made by Ubisoft.
ivQWwKcu72E1I.gif

Good point. but i already gave them money for FC4 is that ok that i contribute more?

It's great, the ship combat is awesome, the graphics are really nice, it's nearly universally praised as one of the best AC games, and it's 75% off.

These are the reasons i want it, Uplay is the reason i don't but its how i play FC4 and i force myself to play that.

my bad, seems that AC1 doesn't require uplay. I stand corrected.

But really, no good person is going to buy AC1 unless they simply dont value their free time.

the day I finally grab bandera negra

im guessing the gold edition is crap right

where is Jase in the one game subject he has input

I talked to Jase about the FC4 and ACU gold editions last night.
It's just the game + season pass in one package.

my bad, seems that AC1 doesn't require uplay. I stand corrected.

But really, no good person is going to buy AC1 unless they simply dont value their free time.

Yeah... nobody is going to buy the best game in the series (at least through AC3:L, most likely...) because they don't value their free time.

Apparently I can only make purchases if the total is under $20. If my cart costs more than $20, it throws an error and won't complete the purchase. Anyone experienced this before? I tried to send a ticket to support and when I went to submit it, it threw an error saying support is down for maintenance. gg Steam.

Dr Dogg

Annnnd there goes my servers, catching on fire again.

I've spent more on ES servers this sale than I have on games. It's pretty interesting seeing how all of these servers scale before they crash though. I've been working for a while building a standardized ova template that I can easily deploy to a server behind the reverse proxy to bring more resources online as quickly as possible. Sadly the process hasn't been as smooth as I would like given that my current hosting company is averaging about 12 hours deployment time.

This is good though, because I've got enough servers in place now to (hopefully) meet the demand as soon as they're all deployed. I've made a mental note of this to scale the servers up big time about a week before the summer sale starts just to make sure there aren't any hiccups when the sale starts like there was this time.

In either case, after the sale is over and the load returns to normal, I can scale these servers back down because I'm not locked into any sort of contract which is very nice as I couldn't afford to keep this number of servers going year-round.

That's pretty sweat that you can ramp up and down supply to suit demand. I can imagine what with more and more Enhanced Steam users all the time and as you said much higher demand over Sale periods there's some pretty big peaks and troughs.

Why am I even thinking about buying Black Flag on Steam. Have it on Uplay and it would run start Uplay anyway. Fuck you, brain..

Well you can be like all the cool kids*

*might not actually be cool or indeed kids

season pass seems shitty tho

like extra slots for stuff and MP characters, except for freedom cry which itself is just $2.5

so think im gonna go nope

Oh, I'm not sure about AC4. I'll default to JaseC there. I just know the most recent Ubi gold editions are the game+season pass.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the real tragedy of this sale

no new banner each day. so lazy valve

Annubis

I just went to see the new deals and it looks like I won't be playing VC until at least this summer.

EDIT: wait... GMG has it for 25% and you can further 20% it... I might take the plunge.

Toki767

As cheap as some games are and as interested as I am at some point to play them, I can never pull the trigger and buy them because I feel like I'll never have enough time to play them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ibtpvk3iyQfuDP.gif

im-so-giddy-i-cant-contain-myself.gif

edit: oops this isnt the Marvel thread...damn you tabs >_<

The Evil Within is $16.32 on GMG with the 20% off voucher.
The old Frost probably would've bought 3 copies to give away here, but thanks to a certain GAFer, I no longer do giveaways.

So I will have to settle for telling y'all to GO BUY IT.

pahamrick

Spent my remaining $5 budget plus some card money on Dark Souls and Lost Planet. Now to avoid looking at the dailies for the next couple weeks.

Rhaknar

seems the 60% off on Gal Civ 3 was a mistake, now its 50%

I'm hoping that Prince of Persia 2009 drops a bit more in price but im torn at buying that game knowing that Ubisoft never brought the epilogue over to PC. Wish someone would rip it out of the 360 version and make a mod for it, like they did with those Sonic Unleashed levels and the DLC stuff from Burnout Paradise. : /

Lomax

I'd use those if they didn't ask 3 cards for one card. I'd rather take the old way, and just ask people who have it.

Steam Card Exchange has most of the Holiday cards in stock and will trade 1 for 1:
http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?inventorygame-appid-335590

Edit: Woah those got wiped out quick. Well, they come and go during the day.

I don't think Valkyria is going to drop in price so soon. Will it?

Yes, everything drops. Will probably be 66-75% off by next summer. Only buy now if you want to play it now. It's also cheaper on GMG right now if you use the 20% off voucher.

Annubis

I don't think Valkyria is going to drop in price so soon. Will it?

That's the lowest you'll see it until Summer Sale.
If you want it now, GMG is matching the -25% and you get to put one of their -20% too.

I'm a bit sad that pretty much every deal up to now has been either matched or even beaten by the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom