• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit forgot i had this

ModBot said:
Instructions for TheAutomator:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheAutomator, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-F87D60FE4EF30063 - Taken by KainXVIII. 7 entrants total.

t1419018645z1.png

Lomax

not this quick >_> and pre sequel was already 50% on like GMG even sooner. I smell a BOMBA

Well, peak users was half of what BL2's peak users was, so in that respect it definitely bombed. It's always seemed like a stopgap style project though, so one would assume Gearbox had more reasonable expectations for it. Personally I never even made it through all the BL2 dlc, so it seemed silly to buy the new one before I did, even though I pre-ordered BL2 and loved it.

DocSeuss

Have I ever told you guys the story of Uplay, me, and Black Flag?

It goes like this: I bought Black Flag from Steam, but ended up with the regular edition, not the gold edition. I contacted Steam, they refunded me, I repurchased the game, activated it, and everything seemed to be going fine... until Uplay came along. Uplay refused to recognize my gold key. So I contacted Ubisoft support. Ubisoft support de-registered my key and let me register the gold key.

I tried booting up the game. Of /course/ it didn't work. It would just hang there before the main menu, trying to log into Uplay forever.

The fix was this: create a new Ubisoft account. Lose all the unlocks and stuff from Initiates (not a big deal to most, but I'm a completionist). For a while, any time I wanted to play one of my Ubisoft games, I had to remember which account to log in to. If I forgot, and left one logged-in, I ran the risk of activating a game on my Black Flag account, not my regular account. Obviously that would suck.

Then along came a 'fix' for Uplay. Now, it would seem, Uplay logs in automatically. Which is great--I don't run the risk of accidentally logging into my Black Flag account. Problem is, I basically have to boot up the game (which means going through unskippable cutscenes and getting to an endless loading sequence), exit it, log out of Uplay, log back IN to Uplay under a different account, and THEN I can play the game.

Oh, and at some point, Ubisoft didn't want to get along with AMD drivers/control panel and I could only play Black Flag on my Nvidia-powered laptop.

Suffice it to say, Uplay is possibly the worst thing that's ever existed.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
One last question, what determines which games Modbot chooses to showcase in the pictures?

I think it is random, but you can manually edit the addresses if you want to change what is displayed as Modbot pulls the information from Steam's servers.

Speevy

Banned
This is it for me as far as giveaways go this sale. I hope you enjoy. with maybe one or two exceptions, these were all released in 2014.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-127AC7A66C64F454 - Taken by AsylumX. 33 entrants total.
Lili: Child of Geos - Complete Edition -- MB-2DD79390F7521F67 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 7 entrants total.
Mind: Path to Thalamus -- MB-358776BAC31507A8 - Taken by chronomac. 7 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-70656369A4422051 - Taken by agniswarm. 9 entrants total.
Deadnaut -- MB-C1C379F939356D83 - Taken by pahamrick. 1 entrants total.
Space Run -- MB-61B044E2329C99F0 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
Astebreed -- MB-F2BFE51A4924BBBC - Taken by NingenJanai. 8 entrants total.
Kromaia -- MB-7BBF7D957C91A7E6 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
LYNE -- MB-7569E2B25E7AB2D9 - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.
Onikira - Demon Killer -- MB-DF72990673191049 - Taken by Bayonetta. 2 entrants total.
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION -- MB-DB724CF9DF01B9DD - Taken by NEO0MJ. 2 entrants total.
KAMUI -- MB-F950A588E71A9FE2 - Taken by gngf123. 2 entrants total.
The Desolate Hope -- MB-3C1E9576ECE3254A - Taken by Teggy. 2 entrants total.
Dungeon of the Endless -- MB-E05401AF259AEF67 - Taken by The Reloader. 4 entrants total.
Salt -- MB-75CC024320DE9153 - Taken by fallout. 4 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-F992649FAD93DE56 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 18 entrants total.
Our Darker Purpose -- MB-DF7AF99266765D2D - Taken by DocSeuss. 3 entrants total.
Broforce -- MB-D7547B53D55B0259 - Taken by alr1ght. 17 entrants total.
Doorkickers -- MB-64467163EE3A9693 - Taken by Lain. 13 entrants total.
Fract OSC- -- MB-C4B5B1E37FB4A206 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 5 entrants total.
Styx: Master of Shadows -- MB-EAAC5A728A8114DD - Taken by spindoctor. 48 entrants total.
Gnomoria -- MB-BE713B4CCBFE7345 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-A34D430059F6AE6C - Taken by Hanzou. 1 entrants total.
The Fall -- MB-F55C625E09B6EC6E - Taken by Turfster. 3 entrants total.
Hexcells Bundle -- MB-BDF91AB0B8BA00AE - Taken by salazar547. 8 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-8818E571801D3886 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.

t1419104624z1.png

Most of you guys have wrong opinions anyway.

I've noticed that, now that you mention it. ;)

I've wondered how much money Valve actually makes from selling video games on their store, nice to know now.

I was expecting a Shrektacular sale with a title like "Green Grogre."

$16 for The Evil Within is pretty Shrektastic.

Shadowgate for $4.99 at the Humble Store is a pretty nice deal, too.

I've always felt "Shrek" was a pejorative, not a superlative. :\
What are you saying about TEW, sir...?

Is there's any reason why the Assassins's Creed series don't have any Achievements on Steam?
I think all of them have Achievements|Trophies on Xbox|PS3

Is there's any reason why the Assassins's Creed series don't have any Achievements on Steam?

Because their achievements are on uPlay and apparently they can't be arsed to see if they can somehow have both Steam achievements and uPlay achievements, I think.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Ubi, generally, doesn't see the point since achievements are handled by Uplay. A couple of Ubi games offer both (Rocksmith 2014 and some F2P game).

Dr Dogg

Thanks for the insight dude. If Enhanced Steam is a hobby I think it definitely classes as an Extreme one.

I believe you do, though you might not need to if you're only searching for duplicates and not providing your profile to be indexed.

not the gifts, just the community stuff,
but trust me, it's safe and worth it

Ah top stuff. Cheers for the link.

I'm sure folks are only being loving and caring when they call Wayne Rooney Shrek. Though I get the idea you might not know who he is.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Today I found out that having my laptop connected to the same network as my desktop while trying to download Steam games will crash my desktop's steam client. Woooooo

But if you ignore it you'll miss posts like this.

That has to be a parody of other posts in that thread.

What are you saying about TEW, sir...?

But Shrek is love, Shrek is life. It's definitely a superlative :p

Lomax

Speaking of ACIV, is anything in the Gold package worth the additional $2.50 over just buying the base game and Freedom Cry? I won't ever play multiplayer and from what I can tell the rest of the stuff is cosmetic but it's confusing.

Articalys

Which threads is ModBot tied to now for post counting, anyway? Steam December Thread 1 for legacy posts, but then is it just the holiday sale thread for current posts, or this one as well?

BruteUA

I've noticed that, now that you mention it. ;)

There's some posters who I know their tastes are totally opposite mine, and if I see them shitting on a game I know it's worth a look.

Like this one dude, can't remember who it was, has this completely unhealthy fascination of hating on Strider. First time I saw one of those rants, I insta-bought it. Hope he doesn't read this, I think he says he's prone to strokes or something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of ACIV, is anything in the Gold package worth the additional $2.50 over just buying the base game and Freedom Cry? I won't ever play multiplayer and from what I can tell the rest of the stuff is cosmetic but it's confusing.

Nope. The bonus islands are very small.

Something in me really wants to get original dark souls since I never finished it on ps3. I think about Ornstein and Smaug and immediately want to throw my computer out the window

Damn Speevy! That's a lot of games!
Making us choose just one is cold son

What this tells us is that you do not own enough games.
What Speevy-sama intended, I believe, is that you can choose one of the 2-3 games you don't own to enter for.
At least that's how it worked for me! Thanks Speevy!

But Shrek is love, Shrek is life. It's definitely a superlative :p

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shrek

Considering the top 3 definitions are regarding the movie/character itself, we can look to definitions 4 and 5 to see the etymology of the word as well as the first use as an adjective... and it's definitely a pejorative.

Your definition ranks #9, btw. :p

Wow I just looked at Speedrunners. That looks beautiful. Reminds me of The Incredibles which is my favorite Pixar movie.

I'm both delighted and frightened at the exponential pace at which my wish list is growing...

There's some posters who I know their tastes are totally opposite mine, and if I see them shitting on a game I know it's worth a look.

Like this one dude, can't remember who it was, has this completely unhealthy fascination of hating on Strider. First time I saw one of those rants, I insta-bought it. Hope he doesn't read this, I think he says he's prone to strokes or something.

Oh, aren't you clever...
I take all the good things I said back. :p

Steam says you've played a total of 2.4 hours. So apparently you didn't even like it enough to finish it. ;)
And I'm pretty sure the game bombed hard enough to help tell Capcom to stop trying to westernize everything to increase sales.
Whether or not we'll get another Strider game now? I don't know... but if we do, hopefully they learned from this endeavor.

Point being: I think sales are abysmal enough that if people want to waste their money on the dumpster fire known as Strider 2014, they should go right ahead and do so.
(As much as I dislike Strider 2014, it isn't the worst game I've played this year... imagine that.)

derExperte

Say, should I buy Strider now or does anyone think there's a chance it'll become cheaper?

Miguel81

There's the bite-sized Aveline addition along with what JaseC said.

Got the Banner Saga and Ground Zeroes from Nuuvem and that's it for me unless Metro LL Redux hits 5 euros. Don't think I'll be buying anything else untill REmake hits. Very few AAA releases caught my eye this year, besides Alien Isolation and MGS GZ I'm only interested in Far Cry 4, The Evil Within and Wolfenstein but I'll pick those up after I upgrade my gpu and the games are cheaper. Outside of the AAA space Banner Saga was really the only thing I had my eye on.
My attention is more on handhelds these days, having a blast with SMTIV, Persona Q and DanganRonpa 2.

Something in me really wants to get original dark souls since I never finished it on ps3. I think about Ornstein and Smaug and immediately want to throw my computer out the window

A) there are a ton of people in that area that you can summon to help. People love offering help against those asshats
B) there's an NPC that you can summon to help split the 2 guys up, too.

I wish i knew the latter when i was doing a NG+ run because it took me almost 3 hours to beat them, and that was with me duping souls to get free level ups. I didnt wanna dupe, i didnt know about the NPC!

Anustart

Seasons greetings and happy beatings!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anustart, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- You MUST have an intel brand processor to be eligible for this giveaway. Modbot will scan your hardware profile to verify eligibility.

tSosaRZ.png

mystery game -- MB-5EB6E54A46D9E12B - Taken by WinterDemons. 29 entrants total.

t1419030105z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom