• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigzgod

Hmm, looks like the EU store prices might be going up even more.

Links:

Link

Link 2

Essentially, how it works right now is that companies only have to pay VAT from the country they operate from. For Valve, they are located in Luxembourg, which has a 3% VAT. However, the change, starting Jan 1, will be that companies must now pay VAT based upon the location of the consumer. Considering some countries have VAT at 25% or higher, I imagine Valve will likely raise prices to compensate. This is of course speculation but I can't imagine that they wouldn't.

Maybe I spoke too soon, none of my last jobs are tracked on the World of Trucks website. -_- You might want to fill your tires and buy some diesel fuel Jase, because you might have to hit the road after all lol.

Guys cut that shit out, you know coffee is gross. Sometimes I drink it cause it does wake me up a bit but its gross as fuck. You only drink it cause it wakes you up.

But on a different note, omgggggg my mum might buy me a gift for Christmas since I've been working at our store for about 5 months(with no pay... -_-) and said she might get me a graphic card, obvi the 970 is the one I'm eyeing, which one do you guys recommend?

autoduelist

Here's something that I did today that might or might not be useful for someone:

it's not quite ready yet though

Hmm, you might as well make the non-library games links that pre-fill modbot pms.

Guys cut that shit out, you know coffee is gross. Sometimes I drink it cause it does wake me up a bit but its gross as fuck. You only drink it cause it wakes you up.

Invest in better coffee.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I saw the From Software talk. Dropping by to say they should release Lost Kingdoms 1&2 and Otogi 1&2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe I spoke too soon, none of my last jobs are tracked on the World of Trucks website. -_- You might want to fill your tires and buy some diesel fuel Jase, because you might have to hit the road after all lol.

Another kind GAFer offered me his key in the event that you can't get one (and he earns it himself), so don't sweat it.

Grief.exe

It's an acquired taste similar to beer or whiskey. I believe your taste buds also change over time to enjoy more bitter flavors over sweet.

When I was younger I didn't like these drinks, but know I thoroughly enjoy all of the above.

I saw the From Software talk. Dropping by to say they should release Lost Kingdoms 1&2 and Otogi 1&2.

Don't forget Kings Field. I have been trying to track down a PS2 copy of IV for emulation purposes.

MUnited83

For you.

Links:

Link

Link 2

Essentially, how it works right now is that companies only have to pay VAT from the country they operate from. For Valve, they are located in Luxembourg, which has a 3% VAT. However, the change, starting Jan 1, will be that companies must now pay VAT based upon the location of the consumer. Considering some countries have VAT at 25% or higher, I imagine Valve will likely raise prices to compensate. This is of course is speculation but I can't imagine that they wouldn't.
Yeah, all digital services will have to do this. I'm in a country wth 23% VAT so if Valve raises prices I will never buy anything directly from Steam ever again.

denx

Man, Ground Zeroes is fantastic. If the objective was to get hype for The Phantom Pain, then good work Kojima, now I'm considering getting TPT on release day.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Don't forget Kings Field. I have been trying to track down a PS2 copy of IV for emulation purposes.

I think gamestop had the game for 5 bucks. If you have luck tracking down the copy on gamestop that is the cheapest place. Ebay seems to have copies around 25 bucks.

Locust

Well thats good, I don't know if I have it in me for another 4,500km trek.
Hope you guys at least use the warp console command to drive at 4x speed. That shit must take at least 10 hours without it.

Yeah, I saw quite a few complaints on the game's hub earlier. I bought a key earlier from some German site, after seeing that the game had been removed, but still haven't received it. I'm not worried just yet, though, as it is the weekend.
I've got an extra key I grabbed off kinguin for 20€ if you don't get it. Thought it would be a gift and not a key so I bought two. :
Kinda weird it was pulled now since it even took part in the auction.

JaseC

I've got an extra key I grabbed off kinguin for 20€ if you don't get it. Thought it would be a gift and not a key so I bought two. :
Kinda weird it was pulled now since it even took part in the auction.

Cheers, I'll wait a few more days and be in touch if it doesn't pan out.

Knurek

But on a different note, omgggggg my mum might buy me a gift for Christmas since I've been working at our store for about 5 months(with no pay... -_-) and said she might get me a graphic card, obvi the 970 is the one I'm eyeing, which one do you guys recommend?

5 months of work with no pay should entitle you to at least 970
If your mum wants to save on money, I can't recommend 750 TI enough.

agniswarm

Banned
If you want to test the In Library thing I posted couple of pages ago, here it is:

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

0. You'll need Tampermonkey or GreaseMonkey or other that can run UserScripts
1. I tested it with Tampermonkey and GreaseMonkey for Chrome briefly and it should work
2. You'll need a Steam API dev key to use it, read the README on that link!
3. It's just an early alpha / something I threw together, so it's pretty barebones (and sometimes slow). Use at your own risk and YMMV.
4. If it doesn't work or you got suggestions, send me PM's or post them on GitHub, please don't post them in this thread :)

5. I have few other features I want to do when I have time

p99hYVx.png

Thanks..this is really great!

dex3108

Damn SteamGAF AC Unity CooP is really good :D Friend and i had a blast playing it today :D I can't wait to play 4 player missions.

P.S. Do you think that there is 0.000001% chance that Dishonored DLCs will be discounted more than 50% this time?

madjoki

So will people now stop blaming VAT for being the reason for the price disparity between $ and € pricing?

I don't think it will affect that much, as there's sites like GMG that operate out of UK and still has mostly same prices.

Thought some games like Next Car Game have already increased EU price.

P.S. Do you think that there is 0.000001% chance that Dishonored DLCs will be discounted more than 50% this time?

Nope.

Kaleinc

Banned

Links:

Link

Link 2

Essentially, how it works right now is that companies only have to pay VAT from the country they operate from. For Valve, they are located in Luxembourg, which has a 3% VAT. However, the change, starting Jan 1, will be that companies must now pay VAT based upon the location of the consumer. Considering some countries have VAT at 25% or higher, I imagine Valve will likely raise prices to compensate. This is of course speculation but I can't imagine that they wouldn't.
I imagined volvo moving offshore for a second.

Turfster

Amazon has Collar Duty: Ghosts 83% off (physical copy)

Gamesplanet has Fallout New Vegas Ultimate 40% off (Steam, not CIS/RU) and Wash_Doges 65% off (uplay key, obv)

Knurek

We are already paying (at least) 25% more than the US folk, I think Volvo is including highest possible VAT for all EU customers.

Originally Posted by bigzgod

Links:

Link

Link 2

Oh for fuck's sake.

fantomena

Ground Zeroes at 60 FPS is like a total different game,

If Kojima is able to polish Phantom Pain this much and the entire game is as enjoyable as Ground Zeroes he has a goty candidate in the works.

JaseC

i'm enjoying thi4f

turfster am cry

So this is what it feels like to stumble upon a unicorn.

Grounz Zeroes at 60 FPS is like a total different game,

If Kojima is able to polish Phantom Pain this much and the entire game is as enjoyable as Ground Zeroes he has a goty candidate in the works.

You played the PS360 version, I take it? It's 60fps on the PS4 and X1.

Grounz Zeroes at 60 FPS is like a total different game,

Absolutely. And being a serious goty contender in 2015 will be no joke.

Turfster

30 minutes for thursday's deals left, if anyone wants to jump on MGS:GZ or one of the others.
I think I'll wait for the next sale.

Another MacGameStore deals people haven't listed yet: Civilization V Complete 80% off

i'm enjoying thi4f

turfster am cry

reggiewhatswrongwithyou.gif

FLD

Holy shit, I grabbed Ground Zeroes while it's still 33% off but I figured I wouldn't be able to play it until I can install my new CPU and RAM when my motherboard gets here next week. But this goddamned game actually runs on my five years old piece of shit rig! I barely had to lower anything and I'm still getting a completely playable 30+fps. Hopefully I'll be able to get a constant 60 once I upgrade. Very impressive, Kojima!

Ubisoft take note, this is how you fucking do it. I'm tempted to get Black Flag while it's only 10 bucks, but after my experience with ACIII (i.e. the game running at an unplayable ~15fps even though I was well within the recommended specs) I have zero confidence that it'll actually be playable, new CPU or not. :/

Dr Dogg

Oh for fuck's sake.

Well I did drop this bombshell on the thread way back in March and this has been something lots of EU contries have been campaigning for around 3 and a half years. Also the VAT rate for digital goods like films and games for Luxemborg is 15% not 3%. Some items are as low as that but as far as stuff from digital store fronts like Steam, Amazon, Apple's App Store and so on it's 15% unless it's e-books.

Well I did drop this bombshell on the thread way back in March and this has been something lots of EU contries have been campaigning for around 3 and a half years. Also the VAT rate for digital goods like films and games for Luxemborg is 15% not 3%. Some items are as low as that but as far as stuff from digital store fronts like Steam, Amazon, Apple's App Store and so on it's 15% unless it's e-books.

Where I live it's 23%.

Asgaro

Links:

Link

Link 2

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS.

Well, since about a month ago I stopped buying games in favour of actually completing my backlog and only getting games through pay-anything-you-want bundles or giveaways.
Guess I now have yet another incentive for my tactic.

Since this also applies to other keys stores? Isn't GreenManGaming UK based so it will happen there as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom