• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gintoki

Vote for Bulletstorm!

I feel a price error coming our way..

Can't vote for a game that doesn't exist

h28rNOX.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant imagine how the other thread is right now

100.gif

fantomena

Okay fair enough but the others? Ppfftttt

Rise of Nations is one of the best strategy games ever.

Isaac Rebirth is one of the best roguelikes ever.

Metro games are very awesome games, especially for people who want dark atmospheric shooters.

Prison Architect is one helluva SimCity esque prison building game.

Just because you don't like the games offered as daily deals doesn't mean they are bad.

Turfster

Bulletstorm is a great game. I'm definitely voting for it.

Dat GFWL tho.
Daily
  • Prison Architect 80% off
  • Vanishing of Ethan Carter 40% off
  • Stronghold Crusader II 33% off
  • Europa Universalis IV 75% off
  • 7 days to die 50% off
  • Metro 2033 Redux 50% off
  • NBA2K15 33% off
  • Binding of Isaac 33% off
  • Rise of Nations Extended 75% off
12 hour deals
  • Lord of the Rings War in the North 75% off
  • Trine 2 90% off
  • Risk of Rain 75% off
  • Dreamfall Chapters 40% off
  • Mass Effect 2 75% off
  • The Golf Club 60% off
Community choice
  • Bulletstorm 80% off
  • Cities XL Platinum 80% off
  • Panzer Corps 80% off

Lomax

Rage won the vote but all three are at the 75% off winner discount, so if you wanted one of the others, jump on it before they fix that.

Annubis

Deals aren't updated. (or so I hope)
Can't modify wishlist.
Can't view my inventory.
Can't view market.

Hey guys, did I like sleep 96 hours by mistake and it's Tuesday?

Chariot

Rage won the vote but all three are at the 75% off winner discount, so if you wanted one of the others, jump on it before they fix that.
Really? All are 40% with me. Funya :(

edit: Oh they are showing the correct discount on the game pages.

Spyware

Are they still updating the deals or are they staying this weak?

It's very easy to see if a price is correct. If it says "DAILY DEAL! Offer ends in XX" on the game page it's the right price, if it says "HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends 2 January" it's the wrong one.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Valve please, it's not Tuesday, I can't even log in ;_;

Map fragements and keys are hidden very well at times.
Don't worry, you can always go back and handle them via chapter select, I believe. You just need to play the full chapter to get the collectibles to save to the profile.

I didn't expect TEW to have a chapter select option, that makes searching for stuff a little less stressful for a first playthrough.

Another cool looking game I found is The Yawhg. Randomized, multiplayer choose your own adventure. Illustrations are great:

One day the Yawhg will reach 75% off.

An awful lot of countries in Europe have varying VAT rates. For example here essential food, books, newspapers, childrens clothes and medical costs and prescriptions are exempt for VAT with 5% on utility bills and property renovations/contracts and then a 20% charge for other categories and luxuries. All this change will bring in for me is that Valve will have a 5% increase in their VAT bill. Whether they chose to absorb the cost themselves or increase store prices as a result remains to be seen but the low 3% VAT rate for Luxembourg is very similar to the UK's 0% one and if you go look on Amazon's VAT break down you'll see they charge 15% for digital games so it's not a massive increase. Though this will effect pretty much every digital store front in EU countries so it will be 'fun' to see how this plays out because it's going to be fucking chaos with the amount of variable in the mix.

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom