• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I'm confused.
About me being confused or for the same reason I was?
I thought that he was telling a real life story where he helped out delivering goods for extra pocket money and had some driver bumb him out of his earned money, when he in fact just played a bit of Euro Truck Simulator and didn't lose actual money.
tl;dr: I'm dumb :D

About me being confused or for the same reason I was?
I thought that he was telling a real life story where he helped out delivering goods for extra pocket money and had some driver bumb him out of his earned money, when he in fact just played a bit of Euro Truck Simulator and didn't lose actual money.
tl;dr: I'm dumb :D
Same reason as you were. I was like "A truck driver that plays ETS2, huh.".

komorebi

Lol guys, what's up with State Of Decay? I bought it long time ago but I had framerate drops so it was just sitting there. I tried it again and I still have framerate drops. Then I've read on the community hub to try the Big Picture mode. Framerate drops are gone away and it plays 60 fps steady. W T F

Yeah this happened to me a few weeks ago and BPM was the only fix. Oddly enough my file didn't have it before and a new save file eliminated it as well, so it appears to be a bug that can hit at any time.

Btw install the Romero Mod!

Ban Puncher

Speaking of coffee, I picked up a bunch of Kopiko at the supermarket yesterday, reduced to 50 cents a bag. I haven't had them in over a decade but at that price I'm down.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Coffee, eh?

Deadly-Premonition-coffee.png

dani_dc

Yesterday was not easy, decided to deliver some goods to get some savings at the end of the day and even if it was not really that dark, as soon as I started driving I got a fine for driving without my headlights turned on. Not even 5 minutes after some crazy driver decides to bump on me and out of the blue I got another fine, I paid around 400€. At least the goods where safely delivered and right on time but on top of that I also got 1% of damage on my vehicle reducing even more my income. Either way, I still found Euro Truck Simulator 2 quite relaxing while listening to the radio. I wonder if any DLC is really worth right now? I still have a lot of roads to explore.

I was about to say how unlucky you are and how there are a lot of awful crazy drivers in Portugal.
In a way I'm happy ETS2 doesn't feature our little country.

Yesterday was not easy, decided to deliver some goods to get some savings at the end of the day and even if it was not really that dark, as soon as I started driving I got a fine for driving without my headlights turned on. Not even 5 minutes after some crazy driver decides to bump on me and out of the blue I got another fine, I paid around 400€. At least the goods where safely delivered and right on time but on top of that I also got 1% of damage on my vehicle reducing even more my income. Either way, I still found Euro Truck Simulator 2 quite relaxing while listening to the radio. I wonder if any DLC is really worth right now? I still have a lot of roads to explore.

awesome post, Monk.

ExoSoul

Banned
Can a Eurogafian/Portugafian help me buy Metal Gear Rising before it goes out of sale?
I wasn't able to go out today to buy a card in time. If you do me this favour within the next few days I'll give you a 5€ code. There's a marginal profit of 1€ in it for you.
Ramblings of a desperate man.

If you want to test the In Library thing I posted couple of pages ago, here it is:

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

0. You'll need Tampermonkey or GreaseMonkey or other that can run UserScripts
1. I tested it with Tampermonkey and GreaseMonkey for Chrome briefly and it should work
2. You'll need a Steam API dev key to use it, read the README on that link!
3. It's just an early alpha / something I threw together, so it's pretty barebones (and sometimes slow). Use at your own risk and YMMV.
4. If it doesn't work or you got suggestions, send me PM's or post them on GitHub, please don't post them in this thread :)

5. I have few other features I want to do when I have time

p99hYVx.png

Axass

Yes you can and no, you would not have any problems activating it. You would have to use a fake US billing address however and Amazon doesn't take PayPal.

So wait, I can pay with my (non US) credit card but use a fake US billing address? Wouldn't that cause me problems?

Sorry but I've never done this, so I'm a little confused...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If you want to test the In Library thing I posted couple of pages ago, here it is:

Aw man this is quite good.

I hope it doesn't slow down browsing on neogaf and works on with the Neogaf live thread chrome extension, but so far so good.

So wait, I can pay with my (non US) credit card but use a fake US billing address? Wouldn't that cause me problems?

Yeah, just add an american, valid address to your account and use that as your default billing address.

Amazon doesn't really care about it and will sell you any digital item that way.

Weirdly enough, amazon also doesn't ask for the security code on the back of your credit card either. I never figured that one out.

bigzgod

Pretty much, yeah. I've never heard of it having any problems unless they changed it recently, according to my euro friends.

I was about to say how unlucky you are and how there are a lot of awful crazy drivers in Portugal.
In a way I'm happy ETS2 doesn't feature our little country.

There's a mod that fixes that ;). In fact, you can add countries all the way from Morocco to Russia through mods.

I've been playing ETS 2 the past few days for the holiday event. Very relaxing and chilled out game. I've even crashed a couple of times because I just spaced out while driving around :p. It's really good stuff guys... definitely worth picking up for it's current 85% off price. You won't know where the hours disappear.

Also, I'm happy I now own a DLC that Jasec will never have. Take that you silly kangaroo!

Axass

Yeah, just add an american, valid address to your account and use that as your default billing address.

Amazon doesn't really care about it and will sell you any digital item that way.

Weirdly enough, amazon also doesn't ask for the security code on the back of your credit card either. I never figured that one out.

Pretty much, yeah. I've never heard of it having any problems unless they changed it recently, according to my euro friends.

Thanks guys!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Called it

The game was a mess

Yeah, I saw quite a few complaints on the game's hub earlier. I bought a key earlier from some German site, after seeing that the game had been removed, but still haven't received it. I'm not worried just yet, though, as it is the weekend.

When does the event end? I see it's been running for a week now and nobody told me about it. :(

Can't seem to find an end date mentioned anywhere. I'd be surprised if they ended it before the new year though.

From my experience, it takes about 4-5 hours to complete the events. You need to drive ~4500km with gifts. Add one or two hours if you are learning the game like I was. It doesn't feel long at all though. Time just slips away while playing this game.

JaseC

Can't seem to find an end date mentioned anywhere. I'd be surprised if they ended it before the new year though.

From my experience, it takes about 4-5 hours to complete the events. You need to drive ~4500km with gifts. Add one or two hours if you are learning the game like I was. It doesn't feel long at all though. Time just slips away while playing this game.

Ah, that's not too bad. When you said you'd spent a few days playing the game I assumed the worst, haha.

Kyougar

0. You'll need Tampermonkey or GreaseMonkey or other that can run UserScripts
1. I tested it with Tampermonkey and GreaseMonkey for Chrome briefly and it should work
2. You'll need a Steam API dev key to use it, read the README on that link!
3. It's just an early alpha / something I threw together, so it's pretty barebones (and sometimes slow). Use at your own risk and YMMV.
4. If it doesn't work or you got suggestions, send me PM's or post them on GitHub, please don't post them in this thread :)

5. I have few other features I want to do when I have time

p99hYVx.png

J-just take a break and sleep sometime dude :/
image.php

Chariot

Gaaah, why?
I barely played 50 minutes, it was fun, but game just stuck here, after I killed Gimub. Didn't freeze. It just refused to do anything or let me do anything. No waiting, no desperate weapon pushing. Gnarnfnf

9C8C5E7606C78C7BDE4B2B4ADFE4E428DAF0D20D

And why does this screenshot have two tiny black bars left and right

So after the region lock update on steam what is the deal with Nuuvem? I would think that if a game is locked in nuuvem the same would happen in amazon us, yet I still see people buying from amazon here.

So care to ELI5?

Chariot

So after the region lock update on steam what is the deal with Nuuvem? I would think that if a game is locked in nuuvem the same would happen in amazon us, yet I still see people buying from amazon here.

So care to ELI5?
As far as I know keys are not more affected that they were before, only gifts. As I said, I bought Mordor from Nuuvem and I am EU1. So, there shouldn't be a lot of problems.
So far. Who knows what Valve has hidden behind their back before the year ends.

The_Monk

I was not aware of this. Can I still do it even if I don't have an account/profile on that Website they mentioned? Thanks in advance!

I was not aware of this. Can I still do it even if I don't have an account/profile on that Website they mentioned? Thanks in advance!

Well you could just sign up for a free account on the site :p

You get one DLC for just doing that. Then link your Steam account to the World of Trucks account ingame and you'll be eligible for the event.

JaseC

Well you could just sign up for a free account on the site :p

You get one DLC for just doing that. Then link your Steam account to the World of Trucks account ingame and you'll be eligible for the event.

Is that also exclusive?

Speaking of weird things, I have this problem with Rainbow Six Vegas 2. If I use the mouse, when I move it the visuals stutter. But if I play with the 360 controller is all smooth. What can be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom