• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Uhh... Didn't you review that one too?
I don't "review" anything (well, professionally, I sometimes write steam reviews :p). I did a technical port evaluation, but that doesn't require me to dive much into the game's systems. I'm just surprised how much they managed to improve it on that front while largely reusing the FF13 engine (and lots of its assets).

Milamber

Just port report, probably takes a good chunk of time to get to the meat of those games mechanically.
I don't "review" anything (well, professionally, I sometimes write steam reviews :p). I did a technical port evaluation, but that doesn't require me to dive much into the game's systems. I'm just surprised how much they managed to improve it on that front while largely reusing the FF13 engine (and lots of its assets).
My bad then. I thought your port report also had you to play around the game ahead of time.

Pupo

Just a bit more ;__;
DhlXl2y.png

DocSeuss

Won a game, first in a while.

Already own the game.

oops

Scraped my past purchases, and as far as I can tell, this is all I've got keys for. Sorry I can't do more. I basically have just enough money to survive until the school check on January 16.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DocSeuss, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-F99BC7B7138EBA40 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 11 entrants total.
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-1ECF52796638C10F - Taken by D3RANG3D. 8 entrants total.
Broken Sword I -- MB-64A23D7C7B9F3DA6 - Taken by Naked Snake. 2 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl [MAY BE USED] -- MB-C628A0FC9AB4F8EC - Taken by $h@d0w. 2 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-2CD09A56CBAA4A4C - Taken by C4rter. 5 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-23D8B3AA6751A335 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
YEAR WALK -- MB-9A91ACB83DF0B101 - Taken by didamangi. 6 entrants total.

t1419121009z1.png

Vibranium

Banned
Man, being spoiled by our Russian friends has really made these sales look meh.

Yeah, but that is the way things go I guess...I wish more devs and publishers were a bit more aggressive with the sales. I wonder if this sale will have a dip in profit compared to years past (Valve still made bank off of the Auction though).

Like I said above, it's a competent rpg. I like it a lot. XIII's bad reputation really hurt it, they are very different games.

def sim

Steam hostage thread is pure gold gents.

The guy annoyed by auto start applications is great. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's just fucking with people.

Though, it probably shouldn't be surprising that using a PC is still a mystery to people even in gaming forums.

Popstar

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460878.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition -- MB-C2F312F98E849AE4 - Taken by Maxios
War of the Roses: Kingmaker #2 -- MB-F2355D224AD319E8 - Taken by nja
March of the Eagles -- MB-A6480DD02B674CB8 - Taken by fuzzy123
Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-1C426B73D6F05EAF - Taken by famfrit
Darkest Hour: An Iron Hearts Game -- MB-3E4084AB2C8775F4 - Taken by lindarasta
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-FCD1D2013393E5D0
reposting

Like I said above, it's a competent rpg. I like it a lot. XIII's bad reputation really hurt it, they are very different games.

People who talk shit about XIII piss me off. They probably love X, which makes it even more amusing in a way.

That said, from what I hear, FFXIII-2 is excellent... I haven't gotten to it yet, but now that it's on Steam, it's a lot more likely than when I was trying to find the motivation to dust off my PS3 to play it.

Did they ever fix the DLC stuff, if it wasn't changed on how it was accessed?

yea, make it happen sega

Make what happen, exactly?

oipic

Pricing error, sort of? Not a good one, though:

RUSE available for Australians at 75% off, now just $12.49!

(base price is $50 for some unknown reason - thank you Eugen, Ubisoft and Gabe, much appreciated)

Dr Dogg

So I thought AC Unity was meant to be a mess. Granted because I'm a second class Steam citizen I've had to wait a month to get my hands on it but performance is bang on and it looks the muts nuts. I'm sure it's got some quibbles I'll have along the way but at the moment as I've just got into Paris I'm getting in and around the same level of performance as I do in Black Flag but Unity looks a lot better and is doing a whole lot more graphically.

Of course this post will probably jinx things.

WTF, FF13-2 is actually decent.

Definitely my favourite battle system out of the Lightning trilogy. Took the base of XIII and mixed it up with some great new concepts.

Made this for the steam hostage thread linked earlier:

http://i.imgur.com/Off9fWW.jpg[IMG]

It all makes sense now.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha

So I thought AC Unity was meant to be a mess. Granted because I'm a second class Steam citizen I've had to wait a month to get my hands on it but performance is bang on and it looks the muts nuts. I'm sure it's got some quibbles I'll have along the way but at the moment as I've just got into Paris I'm getting in and around the same level of performance as I do in Black Flag but Unity looks a lot better and is doing a whole lot more graphically.

Of course this post will probably jinx things.

Definitely my favourite battle system out of the Lightning trilogy. Took the base of XIII and mixed it up with some great new concepts.

Hahaha

Stop making me reconsider not buying ACUnity.
And glad I could get a laugh out of someone for that... :D

Chariot

don't know

i played it for like 20 minutes and was like wtf is this shit this is terrible

but i wanna play it anyways cos you like play barbies with the characters
I don't understand. What is terrible and how are you playing barbies? I mean, I always wanted Barbies Dreamhouse party, so...

People who talk shit about XIII piss me off. They probably love X, which makes it even more amusing in a way.

That said, from what I hear, FFXIII-2 is excellent... I haven't gotten to it yet, but now that it's on Steam, it's a lot more likely than when I was trying to find the motivation to dust off my PS3 to play it.

Did they ever fix the DLC stuff, if it wasn't changed on how it was accessed?

Make what happen, exactly?

XIII took the linearity to another level, even compared to X. There are similarities in the overall way both games are designed but they're not the same.
Like I just wrote in the XIII-2 OT, XIII is literally just a narrow corridor with nothing in it but monsters. This isn't true at all for X. There are towns with hundreds of npcs you can interact with which makes the world feel alive, puzzle dungeons, mini-games and sidequests/post-game content that go way, way beyond talking to a friggin' rock just to go kill a monster.
Say what you will about the quality of each individual element, but X offers a degree of variety and exploration that even if not outstanding is far beyond anything XIII can offer and more importantly, it manages to make the world you're travelling through actually feel alive.
In XIII, when faced with the difficulty of creating large, explorable areas with a certain degree of complexity (like towns) while maintaining the visual standard people expected in the HD era, they just said "fuck it, just confine the player to a corridor and use all these assets for window dressing."
They streamlined it just to get the damn thing done, not much can go wrong when nothing is left in the hands of the player.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Playing Advent Rising right now. Best Not-Matrix game Ive played so far but it has its issues.

YRZYZ2s.jpg

a49ZAHC.jpg

FBUNONB.jpg

udAcRVI.jpg

grmHoeH.jpg

The Good: Lots of different weapons and powers, tons of action

The Bad: Flick targeting System, Steep Learning Curve for the controls. Power are way OP

The Ugly: You cant hotkey powers. A menu opens up and you select it.

zkylon

zkylewd
also that phone thing is hilarious

"ideal for conversation, alone or with a partner"

I don't understand. What is terrible and how are you playing barbies? I mean, I always wanted Barbies Dreamhouse party, so...

i dunno it has like a super epic disney cg cutscene of a guy and a girl falling through the skies and then you go do chores and like have 27 different neverending tutorials so i just skipped them and got massacred and was like ok no more for me

i can understand it being my fault ofr not watching the tutorials but there were just so many of them and so slowwwwwwwww

like fuck

but then i found a shop you can buy clothes and play dressup with the characters so i bought a new jacket for hot blonde guy and everything was fixed

but never played it again cos the menus all blinked psychotically on my sdtv

Let me add you to the black list.

hey now i said i wanted it anyways

did you nto read the barbies part

XIII took the linearity to another level, even compared to X. There are similarities in the overall way both games are designed but they're not the same.
Like I just wrote in the XIII-2 OT, XIII is literally just a narrow corridor with nothing in it but monsters. This isn't true at all for X. There are towns with hundreds of npcs you can interact with which makes the world feel alive, puzzle dungeons, mini-games and sidequests/post-game content that go way, way beyond talking to a friggin' rock just to go kill a monster.
Say what you will about the quality of each individual element, but X offers a degree of variety and exploration that even if not outstanding is far beyond anything XIII can offer and more importantly, it manages to make the world you're travelling through actually feel alive.
In XIII, when faced with the difficulty of creating large, explorable areas with a certain degree of complexity (like towns) while maintaining the visual standard people expected in the HD era, they just said "fuck it, just confine the player to a corridor and use all these assets for window dressing."
They streamlined it just to get the damn thing done, not much can go wrong when nothing is left in the hands of the player.

I don't agree with this at all.
There's more variety and exploration on Gran Pulse than there is in the entirety of FFX.

inm8num2

I'm at 48 games completed this year - an even four per month. I'm hoping to complete four more games in the next 11 days and bring that average to one per week!

Really enjoying J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars. I backed it on IndieGoGo, and the game is really well done. Great visuals and a good mix of gameplay elements. It's not too challenging, but the puzzles are well integrated with the exploration aspects of the game.

Hoping to also play Knock-Knock and The Bridge before the new year. I'll find something else to fill the coveted 52nd spot.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Also at the point where the game "opens up" you have already done enough hours of tube corridor gameplay.

EDIT: Fawk forgot to edit this into the other post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom