• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
well i already said i wanted it anyways

what do you want from me -___-

also what are the three choices in the community votes? i only see cities and panzer corps

Are you male?
Attractive?
Rich?
Willing to spend money on this classy gentleman?

Anyhow the third choice is Bulletstorm.

back for more... or should i say a thing finally.
second day of sale and still nothing grabbing me so far.

hopefully didn't miss any price shenanigans.

gonna check steam's deals for today quick.

zkylon

zkylewd
No bulletstorm for you.

oh ok already played that pirated a while ago since ea wasn't selling it to me

Are you male?
Attractive?
Rich?
Willing to spend money on this classy gentleman?

Anyhow the third choice is Bulletstorm.
let's say two out of those four are true

back for more... or should i say a thing finally.
second day of sale and still nothing grabbing me so far.

hopefully didn't miss any price shenanigans.

gonna check steam's deals for today quick.
us old timers should know steam sales just don't feel too exciting after it's second or third

it's just the same shit over and over again

nothing wrong with that since a lot of people don't have those games, but it's easy to lose enthusiasm

Grief.exe

Playing Advent Rising right now. Best Not-Matrix game Ive played so far but it has its issues.

YRZYZ2s.jpg

The Good: Lots of different weapons and powers, tons of action

The Bad: Flick targeting System, Steep Learning Curve for the controls. Power are way OP

The Ugly: You cant hotkey powers. A menu opens up and you select it.

Have you checked PC Gaming Wiki for that one? There are a few mods including widescreen fixes and a patch that fixes cinematics as well as some gameplay tweaks.

This one has always captivated my attention since its initial release, but I have never gotten around to playing it.

pahamrick

Have you checked PC Gaming Wiki for that one? There are a few mods including widescreen fixes and a patch that fixes cinematics as well as some gameplay tweaks.

This one has always captivated my attention since its initial release, but I have never gotten around to playing it.

Bought it day one on the Xbox. To this day I lament that it didn't sell enough for the complete trilogy.

gngf123

Picked up Touhou 14 from Playism. Been a while since I played a Touhou game but liking it so far. Not that good at it though. Will try to beat it on normal tomorrow.

Also:

2c2a944468.png

Sometimes I question people.

some good deals today for me
rage, but i have enough patience till it hits <3€ with dlc included

also looks like steam changed the frontpage from the first day
no more dozens of wishlist stuff
and for me at least it's new with the continuous scrolling of deals.

space engineers looking good as ever but way too much for me
checked steamdb and i find it interesting that the historical highest steam discount of 50% ain't even the lowest ever it was. huh

ruse has some very good reviews. interesting. didn't hear of it when it was new.
wonder if it has nukes? since red alert 2 i love mega-weapons like that in games.
so satisfying to use nukes or ion beams from space.

Arthea

how much Bulletstorm is on the other side of the pond? and what are chances that GFWL will be patched out?
it's not in my regional store, cuz GFWL
Does it have cheevos, cards, any additional incentives to pick it up?

Prison Architect is pretty awesome guys. Pick it up.

I did, and then I remembered that I don't buy EaAc games, oh well. How far is it from full release anyway?

Mr. Doop

also looks like steam changed the frontpage from the first day
no more dozens of wishlist stuff
and for me at least it's new with the continuous scrolling of deals.

checked steamdb and i find it interesting that the historical highest steam discount of 50% ain't even the lowest ever it was. huh

ruse has some very good reviews. interesting. didn't hear of it when it was new.
wonder if it has nukes? since red alert 2 i love mega-weapons like that in games.
so satisfying to use nukes or ion beams from space.

I'm getting both my wishlist stuff and the never ending scroll of games.

Phinor

Prison Architect is pretty awesome guys. Pick it up.

I've had it for a long time.Waiting for 1.0 release before playing because I'm stupid like that even though I know very well how finished (content-wise) the game actually is. In fact their monthly 30 minute update videos are excellent and I look forward to watching those.

The_Monk

Theme Hospital :(

Would love it on Steam.

I was hoping for you not to see that post, sorry. :(

I've had that game sitting on my GOG Wishlist for far too long. There was a big deal in the past since I remember Grief giving me an alert but there was very limited keys (sort of a flash deal) so I didn't got it.

fantomena

It has never gone deeper and I don't think it ever will.

After the devs implemented multiplayer the sales have been very strong for it, so I guess the devs don't see why they should make a deeper discount than 50% for a while.

Any news on when it's out of the Alpha/Beta phase? Someone mentioned it's like Theme Hospital but with a different theme.

I did, and then I remembered that I don't buy EaAc games, oh well. How far is it from full release anyway?

I've had it for a long time.Waiting for 1.0 release before playing because I'm stupid like that even though I know very well how finished (content-wise) the game actually is. In fact their monthly 30 minute update videos are excellent and I look forward to watching those.

I played it quite a bit over the summer and it 'seemed' relatively feature complete. It was basically a sandbox style prison simulator. I know they planned to add a bunch of new features/items and some sort of story driving stuff, but to be honest I haven't followed the development.

What I have played was pretty awesome.

r3n4ud

I was hoping for you not to see that post, sorry. :(

I've had that game sitting on my GOG Wishlist for far too long. There was a big deal in the past since I remember Grief giving me an alert but there was very limited keys (sort of a flash deal) so I didn't got it.

You'll get your chance sooner or later, man. Goes on sale often.

Yeah, those are what got me to buy the game actually.

r3n4ud

I hope Prince of Persia , Bloodrayne and the Quake series go on daily/flash sale ;(

Before this past summer sale, the Prince of Persia series had a great discount. I didn't bother to pick it up then since I was going to pick it up during the sale.

Foolish me, it wasn't discounted the same during the sale, nor since :/

Nabs

It's a good sign that Majesco even applied general discounts to Bloodrayne, Advent Rising, etc. In the past, they haven't been paying attention to us at all.

No discount on Betrayal :(

I was hoping to snatch up the WayForward/Midnight City titles this sale.

BasilZero

Before this past summer sale, the Prince of Persia series had a great discount. I didn't bother to pick it up then since I was going to pick it up during the sale.

Foolish me, it wasn't discounted the same during the sale, nor since :/

I was disappointed that the Collection was taken off the Steam packs list but not so much anymore since I hear that the Digital Deluxe Edition of Forgotten Sands has a copy of Sands of Time with it.

Just waiting for it to hit 75% before I dig in lol

It's a good sign that Majesco even applied general discounts to Bloodrayne, Advent Rising, etc. In the past, they haven't been paying attention to us at all.

Oh really? o_O. Well hopefully....it'll go to 75% somehow :p.

us old timers should know steam sales just don't feel too exciting after it's second or third
it's just the same shit over and over again
nothing wrong with that since a lot of people don't have those games, but it's easy to lose enthusiasm
yeah, i get you
but even though i am not a young guy, i wouldn't have thought to adapt this fast

on that topic
i again forgot to enter for a giveaway -_-
speev's mighty one
it was kinda funny to make poke at myself for becoming old and forgetful but i think my sleep rhythm is kinda affecting me more serious than i thought

It has never gone deeper and I don't think it ever will.
After the devs implemented multiplayer the sales have been very strong for it, so I guess the devs don't see why they should make a deeper discount than 50% for a while.
patience young padawan. patience
i have it. and i trust in it
Dear God, please let Panzer Corps win the community vote.
Voted for it too. No chance of winning but maybe they'll f' the discounts up again.
Also voted for it.
voted for bulletstorm :3
in hopes that rise in sales will push them to remove gfwl.
Vote for Bulletstorm!
I feel a price error coming our way..
rubbingfuriously

Dr Dogg

Stop making me reconsider not buying ACUnity.
And glad I could get a laugh out of someone for that... :D

I would definitely err on the side of caution as it's a monumentally demanding game. Don't take the systems requirements for a joke they're pretty bang on in fact.

At 1920x1080 running around collecting things with environmental quality on Ultra and textures turned down to High with all the Nvidia shiny stuff on and just FXAA for anti aliasing I get a 40-60fps swing which is about the same for me in Black Flag bar texture quality but that due to some heft VRAM demands (ie it pretty much uses 2.7GB at those setting and caches to the remaining space as you move around too). 2560x1440 and it's high 20's for the most part with some mid 40's when on the rooftops which again the same as Black Flag for me. Any higher resolution and I get VRAM stutter unless I cap the frame rate to smooth things out. I would say a 780/970/290x would be about the minimum you could get away with some of the higher settings as there isn't much to scale the game. Going back to my initial settings and putting texture to Ultra you can feel asset swapping going on but most is mitigated capping the framerate at 31fps but a GPU with more VRAM would be better equipped like a Titan/970/980 or 290/290x.

Haven't tried it with SLI yet but heard the latest patch has some issues reintroduced that and I've got my GPU's split over two PC's again to see how much difference the CPU makes. And it's pretty tough on the CPU side of things if you have a straight up quad core although hyperthreading can help but the more physical cores the better.

So with all that said it you got the hardware and not put off by the cost might be worth taking a punt but looking at Black Flag's price a year on and the amount of games releasing these days you could easily wait it out for a cheaper price.

Arthea

Thanks for reminding me, that I need to pick this up. I would like a tad deeper discount, though

If you want to test the In Library thing I posted couple of pages ago, here it is:
great work petri! appreciate the effort.
not gonna use it yet since i ain't no frost or jase, so i still know what i own lol

i also like that you start your list with 0 instead of 1
Playing Advent Rising right now. Best Not-Matrix game Ive played so far but it has its issues.
The Good: Lots of different weapons and powers, tons of action
The Bad: Flick targeting System, Steep Learning Curve for the controls. Power are way OP
The Ugly: You cant hotkey powers. A menu opens up and you select it.
for those not knowing or wanting to search

never heard of it before. thanks for posting this. gonna watch some vids on youtube.
never saw this movie.
is it trashy good as street fighter movie or just plain trashy?

Hmm, looks like the EU store prices might be going up even more.
Links:
Link
Link 2
Essentially, how it works right now is that companies only have to pay VAT from the country they operate from. For Valve, they are located in Luxembourg, which has a 3% VAT. However, the change, starting Jan 1, will be that companies must now pay VAT based upon the location of the consumer. Considering some countries have VAT at 25% or higher, I imagine Valve will likely raise prices to compensate. This is of course speculation but I can't imagine that they wouldn't.
people in europe ain't sweating coins. already we have to pay by far the most for games on steam.
this is bs and will just like steam's recent changes will only lead to me giving waaaay less money to them. period.

I was disappointed that the Collection was taken off the Steam packs list but not so much anymore since I hear that the Digital Deluxe Edition of Forgotten Sands has a copy of Sands of Time with it.

Just waiting for it to hit 75% before I dig in lol

I couldn't comment on other regions but I recall in the UK the collection didn't actually have a saving. In fact I think it was a few pennies cheaper to get them individually. Annoyingly (and bafflingly) the digital deluxe version isn't available in the UK.

iosefe

how long as Advent Rising been on steam? it's been in the back of my mind ever since i saw the Game Informer ad several years ago

gngf123

Hmm, looks like the EU store prices might be going up even more.

Links:

Link

Link 2

Essentially, how it works right now is that companies only have to pay VAT from the country they operate from. For Valve, they are located in Luxembourg, which has a 3% VAT. However, the change, starting Jan 1, will be that companies must now pay VAT based upon the location of the consumer. Considering some countries have VAT at 25% or higher, I imagine Valve will likely raise prices to compensate. This is of course speculation but I can't imagine that they wouldn't.

And with this I'd probably stop buying directly from Steam. Especially thanks to the recent region lock changes.

Prices here are often higher than the US already.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
people in europe ain't sweating coins. already we have to pay by far the most for games on steam.
this is bs and will just like steam's recent changes will only lead to me giving waaaay less money to them. period.

apparently we are ... according to publishers ... I mean - 60€ for new ubi games - that's totally fair

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah, all digital services will have to do this. I'm in a country wth 23% VAT so if Valve raises prices I will never buy anything directly from Steam ever again.

don't worry - next thing they'll do is lock all the keys (so, say bye-bye to nuuvem) ... and then they'll probably make acrtag also work on gifting/trading between EU and the US as well .... also - I wish I was only joking, but that's probably gonna happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom