• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They key word for me there is "off-site"... I wasn't trading them off site (that means not on GAF). And I do have interest in these games, but they're lower priority than others already on my backlog.

Rules should be rewritten IMO if they're not clear on what they mean.

Oh, my bad then... feel free to go back and claim every unclaimed key from a modbot giveaway and try to parley them into a copy of something you really want. Just make sure that they're "lower priority" than the games you really want... then trade away to your heart's content since, y'know, you're not technically breaking any of the rules of modbot etiquette.

Y'know, those rules also say you can't give them to friends off site either.... hmmm..
Guess I'll start entering raffles on behalf of other SteamGAF posters I consider my friends while I'm at it.
So, if we're friends, and there's something you want me to enter for on your behalf, send me a steam chat message or a PM!
First come first served... unless those further in the queue offer bribes!

Maniac

Banned
The sales are so bad we're barely talking about any of the games in the sales. LOL

U wot

I got meself 3 copies of Castle Crashers & Space Engineers aswell as a copy of RUSE.

... 3 because Dmix kindly bought a 4pack and sold the rest to me. Muaha, muahahaha. Fuck your ACRTAG, Volvo! Damn swedes.

And I have to say, even though DOA was an awful movie, the scene in that GIF is... Really quite well choreographed and shot. Not shabby.

Also I'd somehow not realised Mulder was in the film! ><

superfastedit: Let's not forget this sale brought us GZ and Fork Parker's Holiday Profit Hike.

Although GZ really isn't very cinematic... It's like a soap opera, amirite guys (seriously not
un
impressed with how well it runs given how good it looks)

Oh, my bad then... feel free to go back and claim every unclaimed key from a modbot giveaway and try to parley them into a copy of something you really want. Just make sure that they're "lower priority" than the games you really want... then trade away to your heart's content since, y'know, you're not technically breaking any of the rules of modbot etiquette.

I wasn't doing that. And people make mistakes (I didn't fully understand "modbot etiquette"), and I'm here admitting to it and trying to correct it. No need for the hostile tone.

bigzgod

Hahaha don't worry about it I knew despite VATMOSS being on the cards for nearly 4 years that only a few peeps would know what the implications are and how it effects them. Plus I wish folks would realise that Luxembourg has 3 rates of VAT and games are 15% not 3 like I keep see it being mentioned. The reason lots of comapnies set up there is that it is the lowest rate in the EU (Malta is 18% where Cyprus and German are 19% at their base rates).

To be fair it could be different for various retailers as when our base VAT rate changed from 17.5% to 20% some retails took the extra hit themselves while others ramped the costs up higher than the increase and inflation rates. Conversely when it was scaled back for 6 months some retails passed the sacings back to the customer whilst others didn't and increased their prices to increase their profits.

Some where like Hungary are going to be the folks who really get fucked if VAT is invoiced fully at their rate for 2015 is 27% so while going from Luxembourgs 15% to 20% here will be about £2 extra on a £40 game for them it would be getting on for 3 times that.

Kind of interesting to learn that it's 15% and not 3%. Most of the articles and places I've seen talking about it reference 3%, so that's what I used in my post. That being said, do you think that Valve will eat the difference or just up their prices to account for the higher VAT? If they do up their prices, do you think they'll make separate "regions" because of the different VAT rates or will they bundle them all together like they do right now with EU, EU2, and UK and just charge the highest rate for everyone in EU, in this case being Hungary at 27%?

I wasn't doing that. And people make mistakes (I didn't fully understand "modbot etiquette"), and I'm here admitting to it and trying to correct it. No need for the hostile tone.

Don't mind me... I'm permanently hostile. And good on you for doing what you did.

I was just pointing out why it's frowned upon. If you really have a problem with the phrasing and the use of "off-site" take it up with Stumpokapow, I guess. :p

Nuuvem has Sleeping Dogs Definitive for ~7 USD. Is it worth biting into if I own the OG(loved it btw)?

You own the game.
You own the DLC, I'd assume.
So unless you want another set of achievements to give you an excuse to play it again with some other visual improvements... wait, how is this even a question? :p

The answer is "it's not worth it unless you want some graphics improvements and the DLC integrated into the main game better", I think. If those are things you're interested in, however, you should look at picking the def. ed. up when it hits a price point that you're comfortable paying based on what you're getting. ;)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
U wot

I got meself 3 copies of Castle Crashers & Space Engineers aswell as a copy of RUSE.

... 3 because Dmix kindly bought a 4pack and sold the rest to me. Muaha, muahahaha. Fuck your ACRTAG, Volvo! Damn swedes.

Sales so good you buy the same game thrice?

Miguel81

You own the game.
You own the DLC, I'd assume.
So unless you want another set of achievements to give you an excuse to play it again with some other visual improvements... wait, how is this even a question? :p

The answer is "it's not worth it unless you want some graphics improvements and the DLC integrated into the main game better", I think. If those are things you're interested in, however, you should look at picking the def. ed. up when it hits a price point that you're comfortable paying based on what you're getting. ;)

I've never owned the DLC, as some of them were cheatin' bastard booster packs(before being able to disable them). Also was unaware of how significant the new visual upgrades were.

Since I did get the OG for a low low $1 price, I guess I could throw a few more bones towards SE.

Edit: DRM-Free La Mulana for 1.50 is very nice. Thanks for the heads up, Zkylon/Double.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Don't mind me... I'm permanently hostile. And good on you for doing what you did.

I was just pointing out why it's frowned upon. If you really have a problem with the phrasing and the use of "off-site" take it up with Stumpokapow, I guess. :p

oh frosty ... y u always so grumpy? ;)

Lomax

I've never owned the DLC, as some of them were cheatin' bastard booster packs(before being able to disable them). Also was unaware of how significant the new visual upgrades were.

Since I did get the OG for a low low $1 price, I guess I could throw a few more bones towards SE.

I would have definitely jumped on the SE if I hadn't bought the DLC not long before they announced it. Such a great game.

I think his holiday thread troll persona is bleeding over.

The one thing that I remember hearing about was that there were a lot more random people on the streets and stuff.

As much as I'm not one for Kotaku articles, normally, this does a good job of explaining the differences:

http://kotaku.com/should-you-get-sleeping-dogs-definitive-edition-depe-1645773296

Nobody knows why.
I think the "holiday" season exacerbates it though... brings out my inner Grinch and my heart tends to shrink 2 sizes each day.

Chariot

On Christmas Eve frost is going to be visited by the ghost of steam sale past, present and future. He will learn the error of his way.

Miguel81

Itsy for any of the holiday cards besides Silver & blase. anyone up for it? if you got me on steam just send that trade invite, I'll be on facebook.

no one want to trade?
So sorry :(
I too live with the regret. Still hope that this means that it will become daily or somrthing ;___; ( probably not)

I thought you had to sleep, you just didn't want to talk about korra with me anymore tho </3

is there's anyway to check if a key is still valid or not?

I have 4 keys I want to giveaway, but I don't know if there're still working or not.

bigzgod

I too live with the regret. Still hope that this means that it will become daily or somrthing ;___; ( probably not)

It'll probably be a community choice deal that everybody else doesn't really vote for, which will make you cry about how close yet how far you were. Damn voters.

Chariot

I thought you had to sleep, you just didn't want to talk about korra with me anymore tho </3
I said I going to bed. I am usually a few more minutes or hours awake reading GAF on my smartphone before I try to sleep.
It'll probably be a community choice deal that everybody else doesn't really vote for, which will make you cry about how close yet how far you were. Damn voters.
;____;

I too live with the regret. Still hope that this means that it will become daily or something ;___; ( probably not)
Hopefully Carpe Fulgur's games are on a tempting enough sale so I can try one out. Daily that everyone would not vote would just make things more painful.
:(

Lomax

is there's anyway to check if a key is still valid or not?

I have 4 keys I want to giveaway, but I don't know if there're still working or not.

If they are standard keys for games you already own, just try to add them on Steam. If they are something like Humble Bundle links, the only games that have expired are the ones they gave away for free. Otherwise, just put a disclaimer with your giveaway that they might be used and people should enter at their own risk.

bigzgod

If they are standard keys for games you already own, just try to add them on Steam. If they are something like Humble Bundle links, the only games that have expired are the ones they gave away for free. Otherwise, just put a disclaimer with your giveaway that they might be used and people should enter at their own risk.

Wouldn't work. If you already own the game, regardless of whether or not the key is used, you will ALWAYS get the "Product already owned" response. The only thing you can actually check is whether or not the key is actually a key for that particular game, which isn't terribly useful.

Miguel81

someone was talking about ninja blade yesterday?

you can get it right now for like 75c on gmg with WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ar/en/pc/games/action/ninja-blade/

dunno how good it is but i'm thinking about trying it out for that much

(it's not steam tho)

You can pick it up at that price, but I don't think you'll like it too much. The game is very janky, cheesy, and there are a lot of QTEs. The performance wasn't too great the last time I tried it, either. It's a poor man's Ninja Gaiden, and you weren't a fan of Black.

Can't believe in this day and age there are still someone who don't own ME1&2.

I purchased the trilogy pack(Origin). Fuck EA and their point system.

Speevy

Banned
I came home to about a million thanks for my giveaways. You guys are welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I wish there had been more entries for the smaller games, but it looks like a lot of people got what they wanted unless they were entering for Styx, Broforce, or Banner Saga.

We'll do this again in the next sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom