• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods can fix it in the future.
Some scenes are well beyond the usual Bioware stuff, DA finally caught up to Witcher level.
Really GAF? Why? ;_;
7a61ee15d8.jpg
Well, are you?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Don't you remember?

This War of Mine is 25% of on Games Republic
Dark Souls II is 65% off on Gamesplanet
The Evil Within in 50% off on Gamesplanet
I accept The Evil Within. Thanks hun!

Well, are you?
Would I know if I had it?

with the way people get hyped over announcements, I think a lot of us can use a checkup
You're wrong because people now get hyped over announcements of announcements.

gngf123

don't bother, that game is doodoo, I played like 2 hours, and got bored.
It's much, much better than a lot of Square's recent attempts.

I kind of wish they would go back to it, give it a bit more polish again. Somewhere in there is a really great RPG, but it's not quite there yet.

It also has an amazing OST.

zkylon

zkylewd
i didn't romance anyone in me1 because everyone was so fucking boring. even garrus was pretty lame in me1

not-spoilers from me3 but whatevs
then i sexed thane in 2 and since thane wasn't an option in 3 i didn't sleep with anyone in 3 either

also like half the cast committed suicide in me3 lol

i picked thane cos i was hoping i'd get to see his weird frogman anatomy but no such luck. i would've gone with garrus but garrus looks gross after me2, face all blown up and shit. so garrus is just close friends to bitch about miranda with.

I remember that garbage and I was not interested from the start. Kthnx Bye
You clearly don't remember that well since you loved the idea(you're probably bipolar too) and was the one that came up with our hashtag: #savetheprinnes
we'll get it trending before the game comes out, dw, bayo.

I just got to make a twitter account first.
It's much, much better than a lot of Square's recent attempts.

I kind of wish they would go back to it, give it a bit more polish again. Somewhere in there is a really great RPG, but it's not quite there yet.

Maybe in the PS3 version......

It also has an amazing OST.

you pretend like thats a hard task to accomplish when all they did last gen was waste everyone's time on FF13.

zkylon, whats good with that ME3 spoiler? take it out man. I played the game already but theres some that haven't.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You clearly don't remember that well since you loved the idea(you're probably bipolar too) and was the one that came up with our hashtag: #savetheprinnes
we'll get it trending before the game comes out, dw, bayo.

I just got to make a twitter account first.
Stop the delusions.
ee44004dff.png

BigBoss

I'm thinking about picking up Evil Within and the new Wolfenstein but I have an AMD card (a 280 to be exact) and I've heard both games run poorly on AMD cards, what kind of performance/graphical level am I looking at?

Miguel81

I'm thinking about picking up Evil Within and the new Wolfenstein but I have an AMD card (a 280 to be exact) and I've heard both games run poorly on AMD cards, what kind of performance/graphical level am I looking at?

Did you install the new Omega driver? There's a demo of TEW on Steam, you could try that. My previous 7950(similar to 280) performed alright at 1920 x 1080 30fps. Some frame drops, but this was awhile back.

Ketch

I've got a random question, and I think this might be the best place to get a decent answer.

I got a big amazon gift card for christmas, and I want to buy the Mac version of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 enhanced editions. On amazon it says it requires windows and it's the steam version. On steam, it says it's windows or mac.

So my question is if I buy it on amazon can I play it on mac through steam?

Turfster

I've got a random question, and I think this might be the best place to get a decent answer.

I got a big amazon gift card for christmas, and I want to buy the Mac version of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 enhanced editions. On amazon it says it requires windows and it's the steam version. On steam, it says it's windows or mac.

So my question is if I buy it on amazon can I play it on mac through steam?

It's steamplay, so if it's a steam key, it should be playable on a mac (and linux box for the second one going by the icons)

Anyone playing DS with DSfix @ 60fps and notice some wonky damage boosts while attacking?

I'm using katanas and I'll see a normal one handed swing does like 40 damage on an enemy... and so i do a hit, pause, hit and the second hit sometimes does 40 for 80 total... and sometimes it does like 167 and i get like 267 total removed... is this some bug based on the 60fps and maybe having hits count multiple times? I mean, it almost seems like a "critical" hit, but I've never seen those in all my hours with the souls franchise.

Ketch

It's steamplay, so if it's a steam key, it should be playable on a mac (and linux box for the second one going by the icons)

hmmm, this has got me all confused. Sorry, for asking again, but I don't want to get the wrong version if I can avoid it. Here's what amazon has listed for BG 1 and 2:

It makes it seem like I'd be able to play BG2 on mac through steam, but probably not BG1... I wonder if I can just buy steam wallet bucks through amazon and do it that way.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I have an interesting thought for discussion.

Well, not really that interesting,but worth answering.

Do you think the user reviews system on Steam serves as an accurate indicator for game quality?

Why or why not?

Backlogger

hmmm, this has got me all confused. Sorry, for asking again, but I don't want to get the wrong version if I can avoid it. Here's what amazon has listed for BG 1 and 2:

It makes it seem like I'd be able to play BG2 on mac through steam, but probably not BG1... I wonder if I can just buy steam wallet bucks through amazon and do it that way.

You are good. The Steam key is for a Steamplay game, which will work on both Mac and PC. You aren't even locked down to just one of the two. If you have a Mac and a PC you can install it on both

Corpekata

Banned
Steamplay means no matter the platform, if you own it on Steam, you have access to all versions. If you get a Steam key for your Baldur's Gate purchases, it'll have access to all versions.

Ketch

You are good. The Steam key is for a Steamplay game, which will work on both Mac and PC. You aren't even locked down to just one of the two. If you have a Mac and a PC you can install it on both

For both 1 and 2? If so, awesome. Thanks for the info.

edit: It's a really confusing way for them to list it though right? I'm downloading them now anyway, I'll power through BG1 on my desktop if I have too. I'll update with how it works for certain in a minute.

edit#2: Yes, confirmed. Thanks everybody. Even though it doesn't say "Buy and get code" for BG1, it just downloads the 3kb installer and then gives you the option to "view codes" and then since it's steam play like everyone was saying that code is good for both mac and pc through steam.

I know someone from amazon is reading this, please make it more clear on the store page.

Anustart

Do you think the user reviews system on Steam serves as an accurate indicator for game quality?

Why or why not?

No. I went on a micro rant about how To The Moon was a piece of shit and only 5 out of 19 found it helpful. Should have been 19/19. Something wrong there.

just had a weird and funny thing happen

i joined many groups on steam. some of them do promo-giveaways from time to time.
you get a notification that an event has started and join their chat room.
a winner gets then chosen randomly.

yours truly was chosen the sole winner among 200+ people!

and the grand prize was......

~drum-roll~

gun monkeys!

haha. i was laughing my a** off.
i told the guy that i already had the game but he said it's cool to gift it to a friend.

there were so many people sending me pms though afterwards.
straight up begging for the game.

i gave it to one of them. i also had a spare copy of gun monkeys rotting in my inventory which i also gave to another guy begging.

i found this whole thing very funny somehow.

maybe i'm just tired though :)

Speevy

Banned
I think too many games have the "very positive" review, which either means there are thousands of great indie games in early access, or people have a love affair with developers of games that are fun but not broken.

Corpekata

Banned

Why or why not?

I'd say as a quick glance, sure. Actually looking into it, though, and you'll see shitty joke reviews (hurr hurr I punched a deer) or shrieking manchildren upset about a patch. Generally if it's sort of universally negative or positive I will find the consensus is more or less accurate but anything else and it is ijust a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom