• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Okay, I pulled everything out except one stick of RAM and just the PSU connected to the EATXPWR on the motherboard. Power on and fans spin and mobo LED readout lights up '00'. But if I connect the EATX12V for the CPU as well it goes back to not powering on. I tried a new cable between the PSU and CPU but no good.

velociraptor

Bullcrap! You can't have never ever watched Die Hard before.
Yep. How can you have not seen Die Hard 1?! :|

Die Hard 1/2/3 are must watch films.

Just don't watch the latter ones, especially Live Free and Die Hard - biggest mistake I've made all week. Those are 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anybody getting Life is Strange? Seems pretty cheap if the episodes are high of quality.

how is it cheap, its the same price as every other episodic game, the telltale stuff, revelations 2, the weird one I forget the name, the one that is STILL NOT DONE

Tizoc

Anybody getting Life is Strange? Seems pretty cheap if the episodes are high of quality.

I'm trying to see if I can get it for $15 or less, so I'm waiting for GMG to have it up on their site before I buy it.

Man X-mas is a few days away o_O
...and I miss Amazon.com deals.

Ban Puncher

Everything plugged back in except CPU power and all powers up. CPU, PSU and GPU fans spin, case fans do not. Plug in the CPU power, mobo lights up but will not power on.

I want to ask is the end of the mission different depending on rank/speed or something like that? Because
the ending seems pretty downer.
My knowledge from the story is only from talks in forum. Who the hell is Paz?

On the Ground Zeroes mission, no (I think). Paz and everything else is explained in Peace Walker, which can't come to PC soon enough

baterism

On the Ground Zeroes mission, no (I think). Paz and everything else is explained in Peace Walker, which can't come to PC soon enough

That's pretty sad...
Make me really excited with the though iff all MGS series come to PC. I want to know another stories from the series.

Uzzy

I want to ask is the end of the mission different depending on rank/speed or something like that? Because
the ending seems pretty downer.
My knowledge from the story is only from talks in forum. Who the hell is Paz?

There's a fair few audio tapes that you can listen to, which give you an idea of the backstory.

zkylon

zkylewd
didn't read much of that thread but i can relate somewhat to the original post

2007 valve felt like magic, not only bringing the steam revolution but making so many design advancements with games like l4d and tf2 and portal. the orange box was just mindblowingly good and the stuff with animation and character design as related to general gameplay design really feel like they shaped their areas even today. things like using gradients to highlight the important parts of a model and the obsession with silhuettes and recognizable shapes and colors is so smart.

i guess it has a lot to do with doto and cs go just not being games i can appreciate but that leaves the store part and again it's been so long since the store felt exciting for me

i like this curator thingie and i have my 30 something followers and i was so pleasantly surprised when the streaming thing worked the other day, so there's some good, but you know, sales don't feel as exciting and i miss the crazy achievements and args and shit

but yeah i dunno about "being held hostage" lol

Chariot

zkylon

zkylewd
ok 10.30, i've been officially programming for like 16 hours

what have i done with my life

time to sleepy. good night steamgaf

try not to get banned

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord Episode 1 keys are being sent out to your emails from whatever lazyguys bundle it was in, just got mine

Milamber

What in gods name. Milamber, I am quite disappointed with you. Dubbed hentai are superb.

I shut it off halfway. I'm sorry but I cringed hard.

EDIT: Okay, I watched a bit more. I'm pretty sure that is not what they say. Did they make the sentences up? I can't confirm it cause I'm at the office right now.

Catshade

Guys, Amazon has Skyrim's Dawnguard and Dragonborn 75% off, or $5 each. Quite rare for the DLC to get that much discount, so go get them now if you've been waiting for a substantial sale on the DLCs.

Chariot

I shut it off halfway. I'm sorry but I cringed hard.

EDIT: Okay, I watched a bit more. I'm pretty sure that is not what they say. Did they make the sentences up? I can't confirm it cause I'm at the office right now.
That's the thing that makes it great. The official english dub just made a gag dub like Ghost Stories. It's hilarious.

Dr Dogg

And people were surprised when Unity didn't run particularly hot with everything turned up balls to the wall on a 2 year old or so midrange GPU.
16045123406_59bc947e0d_o.png
16045117986_8a1d447d04_o.png
15451228653_074549e567_o.png

Kind of reminds me of when the folks over at Remedy moved the FOV slider out of the advanced graphics settings because people were maxing that too.

And people were surprised when Unity didn't run particularly hot with everything turned up balls to the wall on a 2 year old or so midrange GPU.

Kind of reminds of when the folks over at Remedy moved the FOV slider out of the advanced graphics settings because people were maxing that too.

its a very pretty game but its ubi's fault for poorly optimizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom