• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

I just made this image for an upcoming article.

logosntuii.png

Holy crap, 2014 was so fucking amazing. I mean, I knew that, but seeing it like this really drives the message home.

Do you want me to start ignoring you?

I really hope Wasteland 2 goes on daily soon and I will get it in a instant. Would be a perfect game to play during my time off during the holidays.

Dr Dogg

I just made this image for an upcoming article.

http://abload.de/img/logosntuii.png[IMG]

Holy crap, 2014 was so fucking amazing. I mean, I knew that, but seeing it like this really drives the message home.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm I'm detecting a kickstartery slant to this. Of course 2015 is shaping up nicely as well.

Durante

Also, Durante-sempai, seriously, an article about 2014 PC RPGs and no mention of Dark Souls II? Or is that in a lower row, alongside FFXIII-2 and Valkyria Chronicles?
It's an article about the first year of the CRPG renaissance. I love Dark Souls 2, and Valkyria Chronicles, but they ain't CRPGs.

Knurek

It's an article about the first year of the CRPG renaissance. I love Dark Souls 2, and Valkyria Chronicles, but they ain't CRPGs.

What exactly makes DS2 a non-CRPG?
The whole Souls series feels pretty much like a direct descendant of King's Field. Which in itself has more in common with Morrowind than with Dragon Quest.

Hardest bosses in DkS:

1. Kalameet (also best)

Kalameet is very very easy after you learn his patterns (which are easy too). The hardest thing about it is that there are only two viable "attack after this attack"-attacks which make the fight very very long.

Getting the tail drop on the other hand is the hardest task in the game. Which is also why you can learn the patters in few minutes.

Knurek

Action-based combat.

New Vegas, Divinity 2, Vampire: Bloodlines and Witcher 2 all had action-based combat as well. I'd wager as much governed by stats as Dark Souls is.
(Not that I generally disagree with your generalization. Just playing the devil's advocate)

Any similar deals for Panzer Corps? Which needs the discount much more, and has a snowball chance in hell of actually winning.

Asgaro

This made me lol.

msbluf.PNG

Because it's damn true.
I remember when I tried the Win 8 beta that there was Xbox everywhere. It doesn't make sense to have Xbox in the desktop ecosystem.
Why don't they make it an optional download like Microsoft Security Essentials?

It's one of the reasons I'm still with Windows 7.
The most common reason is though: Aero Glass.

(No, WindowBlinds on Win 8 to simulate it, won't do. I have a paid WindowBlinds version and I don't use it anymore since you notice it's a third party implementation.)

Gvaz

Banned
I'm honestly sick and tired of full action combat lately. I need a more "casual" game where I can stop and queue attacks up.

unrealist

There are so many negative reviews on Steam (most of them have many agrees too) .. such as a bland world, and numerous bugs that is preventing me from getting M&M: X

Durante

There are so many negative reviews on Steam (most of them have many agrees too) .. such as a bland world, and numerous bugs that is preventing me from getting M&M: X
People are morons. What else is new.

I swear, if fucking Steam reviews prevent me from getting M&M XI...

Annubis

Kalameet is very very easy after you learn his patterns (which are easy too). The hardest thing about it is that there are only two viable "attack after this attack"-attacks which make the fight very very long.

Getting the tail drop on the other hand is the hardest task in the game. Which is also why you can learn the patters in few minutes.

Yeah that.
It's not hard, just very long and involves you parrying hundreds of times...
(I'm a bad dodger...)

Manus is numba 1.

Manus can be cheesed though =/

Nordicus

Oh nice, got Thief: Deadly Shadows for 1.80€ thanks to the discount coupon on GMG.

Really, when it comes to dailies and flash sales, GMG and Humble combined seem to beat Steam pretty consistently

Zia

Not sure if this has been discussed but the voting queue is missing from Greenlight. Might be in error, might be quietly shutting down or revamping Greenlight. I've thought it weird that they kept it going as is -- kind of concerning to see good or interesting games in the Greenlight pool while anything that boots is now sold on the store.

Edit: You can still pay the Greenlight submission fee so I probably got a little too excited.

Lomax

So it would seem the problems with my computer weren't fixed by changing the power supply. Wouldn't turn on again this morning, pulled the power and plugged them back in, turned it on, saw a huge spark off the motherboard and smoke, and it turned on. So, it works... for now. I have no idea why or how it functions after the nasty burning spark, but it does. Probably means the whole thing is going to go up in flames soon though.

Ban Puncher

I was laying in bed, tossing and turning and pissed off that I was going to have to spend hundreds of dollars. Then I remembered my old PC that was under the stairs so I got it out, removed it's PSU and jammed that into my current machine.

I powered on and was covered in a waterfall of sparks that popped out of the ATX12V.

But it powered everything on. And then I plugged the original PSU back in and it totally worked.

I'll take singed arm hair and brown underpants over buying new motherboards, CPUs and PSUs.

... Then I remembered my old PC that was under the stairs so I got it out, removed it's PSU and jammed that into my current machine.

I powered on and was covered in a waterfall of sparks that popped out of the ATX12V.

But it powered everything on. And then I plugged the original PSU back in and it totally worked.

Holy crap. I'm now going to have an image of you running your machine on a coal-fired engine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So it would seem the problems with my computer weren't fixed by changing the power supply. Wouldn't turn on again this morning, pulled the power and plugged them back in, turned it on, saw a huge spark off the motherboard and smoke, and it turned on. So, it works... for now. I have no idea why or how it functions after the nasty burning spark, but it does. Probably means the whole thing is going to go up in flames soon though.

I thought my monitor died last night as I tried to turn it back on immediately after turning it off only for there to be not so much as a power LED, however I later discovered the power cable had just loosened a bit. I was convinced that I was up for a new monitor, though, given my recent bad luck with HDDs.

Lomax

I was laying in bed, tossing and turning and pissed off that I was going to have to spend hundreds of dollars. Then I remembered my old PC that was under the stairs so I got it out, removed it's PSU and jammed that into my current machine.

I'll take singed arm hair and brown underpants over buying new motherboards, CPUs and PSUs.

I thought my monitor died last night as I tried to turn it back on immediately after turning it off only for there to be not so much as a power LED, however I later discovered the power cable had just loosened a bit. I was convinced that I was up for a new monitor, though, given my recent bad luck with HDDs.

Yeah, after Christmas I'll probably put my old power supply back in and see if it will work. Seems clear something in my system is dying and if it's the motherboard I'll end up replacing the processor too. Which of course mean my dreams of a new video card just got pushed back a while. It's just bizarre to me that before the spark and smoke it wasn't working, and after it was. That seems rather backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom