• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milamber is your lil sis? :O
image.php

Shocking revelation right there.
But what did you buy? You didn't just buy a game that isn't on sale. Right. RIGHT?Milamber would be the girl from OreImo.
It was 25% off. It's Moenovel's only game right now so I doubt they will seriously discount their only cash cow now.
The short story of it was basically wooing a handicapped girl.

I'm so upset atm, i updated my nexus 4 to the latest firmware and it completely fucked it up, i cant receive calls or text, the home button don't work and I can't access settings through the notification bar. I googled it but didn't find a solution so I'm gotta factory reset my phone, hopefully that fixes it. -_- did I miss any pricing errors today?

Wanting to grab an ultrawide monitor, the LG non curved variant is currently around 810 dollars at newegg. It isn't going to be replaced any time soon is it? There's a curved variant currently available and Dell's new curved model is coming out soon but both of those cost 1299 and unless there's a huge difference in screen quality I doubt the 500 dollar premium is worth it?

whats so special about curved displays? I remember seeing a curved tv at bestbuy, shit was insanely priced, it was nothing special at first glance, idk if maybe I'm just not getting the appeal or if its simply new tech so I should just fork over like 3k for it cause well, IT NEW, MAN!!

whats so special about curved displays? I remember seeing a curved tv at bestbuy, shit was insanely priced, it was nothing special at first glance, idk if maybe I'm just not getting the appeal or if its simply new tech so I should just fork over like 3k for it cause well, IT NEW, MAN!!
More privacy when watching pron?

It's the sixth night of Hanukkah, which mean's it's time for another giveaway. Ruruja won Valiant Hearts yesterday and this was his choice for today:

To whoever wins the raffle: Please PM me the name of a game you want to see in tomorrow's giveaway. Just one simple rule: It must be available on Steam for 10 Euro's or less. (since I still don't own a money tree)
If I don't receive a reccomendation in 24 hours, i'll get one of the titles some other nice Gaffers recommended or choose one myself.

Happy holiday's! :)

I love this giveaway idea. Makes me wish I could win so I could choose the next prize.

Probably wasn't just the curve adding to the price in that case.

is there any specific order i should play the "other campaigns" in Dragon Age Origins? story wise or compatibility wise? aiming for the best experience that doesn't spoil another dlc, for example, if i played witch hunt first, would it spoil something in awakening or Leleina's song, or will there be compatibility issues with importing my character?

pahamrick

Won two good games yesterday, so I wanted to give something in return.
Something for folks who were on the fence about some Batman and missed the deal because of it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Batman Arkham Origins -- MB-E6CBBAF995689747 - Taken by dave is ok. 42 entrants total.
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-0F989CB3462C6059 - Taken by Gallantioh. 13 entrants total.

t1419200452z1.png

Uzzy

is there any specific order i should play the "other campaigns" in Dragon Age Origins? story wise or compatibility wise? aiming for the best experience that doesn't spoil another dlc, for example, if i played witch hunt first, would it spoil something in awakening or Leleina's song, or will there be compatibility issues with importing my character?

The best order would be DA:O, Awakening, Golems of Amgarrak, then Witch Hunt. I think there might be issues with importing your character if you try to do it in any other order, but it's been ages since I played through them.

Leliana's Song and Darkspawn Chronicles are stand alone, so it doesn't matter. Darkspawn Chronicles should also not be played by anyone.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
IIRC it goes DAO, the expansion and then Witch Hunt as the final piece. The rest don't matter story-wise.

Knurek

Fuck this fucking piece of shit Cuntpra Demon, fuck his family, friends, lovers and everyone from From who had hand in designing this unfair boss fight.

Newblade

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Consortium -- MB-91544474F6F0E757 - Taken by YianGaruga
Alpha Kimori: Episode One -- MB-B1F79AF77FF90256 - Taken by factorone

Grief.exe

Fuck this fucking piece of shit Cuntpra Demon, fuck his family, friends, lovers and everyone from From who had hand in designing this unfair boss fight.

I said I would let you summon me!

He's actually not that bad as soon as you isolate him, just a matter of fighting carefully until the dogs are dead.

gngf123

The "other side" is scary... :/

"RPG mechanics are non-existent. You don't have a single dialogue option anywhere and conversations between characters are slideshows with every anime trope imaginable. "

RPG mechanics = dialogue options, apparently.

Although to be fair, the game is definitely a strategy game first and an RPG second. Like most SRPG's, really.

EDIT: I also kind of agree with him on the menu thing, although it is a damn great port outside of that.

tebunker

Banned
Is LA Noire with all the DLC worth it for $5.09, I have always been intrigued by the game but never bit on it. $5.09 seems like a great price

Is LA Noire with all the DLC worth it for $5.09, I have always been intrigued by the game but never bit on it. $5.09 seems like a great price

It ran like but for me (barely hold 30fps) but as far as the games quality, absolutely, it's a really cool game with some unique stuff about it and the facial capture stuff is incredible, and some of the DLC cases are the best in the game, the Nicholson Electroplating one I particularly liked.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

It's a cool game but it can also be really slow and has some annoying pacing issues (second desk especially)
Also I constantly had to wait or the game world to render or I would simply outrun it and drive in a completly grey area until I hit a building.

Sch1sm

From anyone who has played Prison Architect, what have you thought of it?

If you get frustrated easily, don't. I like it, so far. There's some minor errors you can make that are absolutely hilarious, and it's definitely a good time waster.
Just make sure to lock the prisoners inside, good god.

Dr Dogg

Capra Demon is the first 'fuck you' fight as it pits you against multiple foes in a really tight space. First time everyone get's there they get mashed straight in the face unless you're really lucky. Once you work out the encounter and the environment it's actually quite a simple boss encounter. Well if you're a melee build.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque: Editio Regia

now that's a mouthful of a game title o_O (on greenlight)

gngf123

Think these are all still available:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grid -- MB-41A76D4A32299F6A - Taken by BernardoOne. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Introversion Bundle Desura -- MB-5438629AC859845A - Taken by still
Half-Minute Hero -- MB-70346F5EA61AD477 - Taken by orthodoxy1095. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor Desura -- MB-677DFBB696079C0E

t1419192715z1.png

EDIT: Ignore the Half-Minute Hero image. It's Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy, not Second Coming.

Nete

Making my GAF GOTY ballot, I've reduced the list of candidates to 16 games. Now is where the pain starts. 6 games to cross out, ugh.

Fantastic game even if it's still far from being completed.

def sim

Daily
  • Shadow Warrior 90% off
  • Never Alone 33% off
  • Skyrim 75% off
  • Spintires 66% off
  • Alien Isolation 50% off
  • Five Nights at Freddy's 2 33% off
  • Age of Mythology Extended 75% off
  • Spore 75% off
  • Portal 2 80% off
12 hour deals
  • Project Zomboid 35% off
  • Bound by Flame 75% off
  • Grim Dawn 50% off
  • Craft the World 50% off
  • Wargame 75% off
  • L.A. Noire 83% off
Community choice
  • 3D Mark 80% off
  • Clickteam Fusion 80% off
  • FUSE character creator 80% off

Humble Store Daily
Same as yesterday, apparently...?

Thanks for the list, turfster. This thread turned out more helpful than the sales thread. :O

Kyougar

I just made this image for an upcoming article.

logosntuii.png

Holy crap, 2014 was so fucking amazing. I mean, I knew that, but seeing it like this really drives the message home.

Do you want me to start ignoring you?

hmm, dont know what xulima is, dont have banner saga yet, dont know HOW Blackguard is and wait for dead state good deal. But other than that, I wholeheartedly like this banner

Copons

Capra Demon is the first 'fuck you' fight as it pits you against multiple foes in a really tight space. First time everyone get's there they get mashed straight in the face unless you're really lucky. Once you work out the encounter and the environment it's actually quite a simple boss encounter. Well if you're a melee build.

Eh, but not everyone!
When I opened his door, my framerate dropped to unplayable digits, like 5 or so, I got a glimpse of a bad guy in front of me and I started mashing the light attack button, then the camera did something, I saw his friends around me, I mashed heavyer and faster => beat him at first try.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

It's interesting enough for the $5 or whatever it is now. I like the premise as I don't believe there are too many games with prison as the setting.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Wanting to grab an ultrawide monitor, the LG non curved variant is currently around 810 dollars at newegg. It isn't going to be replaced any time soon is it? There's a curved variant currently available and Dell's new curved model is coming out soon but both of those cost 1299 and unless there's a huge difference in screen quality I doubt the 500 dollar premium is worth it?

Have you seen this LG one? I want it. $580. Looks really awesome. I have a 27" Korean 1440P IPS but man, I want that LG.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I just made this image for an upcoming article.

logosntuii.png

Holy crap, 2014 was so fucking amazing. I mean, I knew that, but seeing it like this really drives the message home.

Do you want me to start ignoring you?

The fact that they are not in acending alphabetical order from right to left is distracting.

Sch1sm

Thanks for the list, turfster. This thread turned out more helpful than the sales thread. :O

Only one of the Community games will be getting 80% off, though, seems they fixed that since yesterday's all 75% off deal seeing as today it's 66% off x 2 and 80% off x 1. The other two will be 50% off, I think.

Bboy AJ

Also, now for a me post, I finally bought Mass Effect trilogy. I never played any of the games, believe it or not. What sucks is that I can't use a controller without a mod. That really stinks. I have my PC hooked up to my TV in a Steambox way. Never use a kbm with it. I guess I'll Steam Stream it to my desktop set up.

Looking forward to Mass Effect. I don't know when I will get a chance to play it but $10 for all three. Good deal.

Yes, I guess this is an Origins post, but you are my PC brothers :(

Dr Dogg

Eh, but not everyone!
When I opened his door, my framerate dropped to unplayable digits, like 5 or so, I got a glimpse of a bad guy in front of me and I started mashing the light attack button, then the camera did something, I saw his friends around me, I mashed heavyer and faster => beat him at first try.

I should amend the 'unless you're really lucky part' to also include 'or cheese him good and proper'. My first time was an amature mistake (and considering I had played Demon's Souls countless times before I really should have known better) as I went through the fog gate with my shield down and BLATT!!!

def sim

Only one of the Community games will be getting 80% off, though, seems they fixed that since yesterday's all 75% off deal seeing as today it's 66% off x 2 and 80% off x 1. The other two will be 50% off, I think.

I see. I'll be voting for 3Dmark then, as I'd like to use the firestrike benchmark without watching the whole demo beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom