• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I just watched my girlfriend take two minutes to figure out how to vote when I told her to go do so. Tells you something about how badly the page is designed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What is this 50º F nonsense? :p Around 10º C in here, but those are some wise words indeed my friend, I always cherish these moments. He tells the stories of worlds that no longer exist. 95 years is a great achievement if you ask me. The best part? He's a big fan of videogames, He loves to watch me play games when I take care of him. Just for kicks:

He loves:

Those older Assassin's Creed games.

What he likes in that game: Some cities reminds when he had to go to the city to grab some groceries and materials for his farm.

What he says I do wrong in the game: Riding a horse in the middle of the city. He says I should put it in this special place and only then I should go do my work at the town.

What he does not approve: Talking to a witch (a woman wearing only black, with a hood and some suspicious look, for him, it's always a witch). "Witches are evil" and I should not trust them. Since all the RPG's I played on my console have some of them looking like this, he does not approve any, lol.

He likes the Dirt series because I convinced them that some rally tracks where inspired where he used to believe ( I only say this because he believe and get all proud of his place). Any other racing game is "ok". Also loves Dark Souls, was not a fan of Skyrim unless I was by the fire cooking meals.

The best part is the advice he constantly gives me when doing quests or missions. Also, he does not like: Call of Duty games. Reason: "War is wrong, war do you no good, lot's of people getting killed".

Also, any horrible monster in any game? It's Lucifer, it's always Lucifer/Devil in disguise.

That is really awesome, thanks for sharing. My grandfather was the one that got me into gaming at a young age, but I never got the chance to play more recent games with him. We used to adventure together in The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy and those are some of my greatest memories he left me with. I'm sure he would have loved modern gaming. I'm not sure what he would think about Final Fantasy XIII (which I'm playing through for the first time now that it's on PC) other than "This is like a movie." and the inevitable "Those women need to be wearing more clothing."

I hope that when I have grandchildren of my own that I'll be able to pass on the love of gaming to them like I've been able to do for my children.

Vuze

I just watched my girlfriend take two minutes to figure out how to vote when I told her to go do so. Tells you something about how badly the page is designed.
Yeah same for my younger brother. Doesn't care for the cards or anything but free money is always nice. He also had trouble locating the button.

Lain

Is the game's combat good? Heard it was repetitive.
I mean I like simple combat systems but in long RPGs that's a no-no in my book.

Nothing deep but I was having fun with it, until I started playing Diablo 3 again... and then went back to WoW... Blizzard and it's damned games, they're so good they always pull me back in.

Dr Dogg

Did someone do Mayor McCheese in FaceRig? How did I miss this?

Not quite.
ss_4f778e795f22cd3c99044d84acb1ec66c4524875.1920x1080.jpg

Monooboe

How is Never Alone? Reading the review on Steam they say it's quite bad in gameplay with sluggish controls and such. Is it really that bad? For example I couldn't continue with Valdis Story because I thought the controls were "off".

The_Monk

That is really awesome, thanks for sharing. My grandfather was the one that got me into gaming at a young age, but I never got the chance to play more recent games with him. We used to adventure together in The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy and those are some of my greatest memories he left me with. I'm sure he would have loved modern gaming. I'm not sure what he would think about Final Fantasy XIII (which I'm playing through for the first time now that it's on PC) other than "This is like a movie." and the inevitable "Those women need to be wearing more clothing."

I hope that when I have grandchildren of my own that I'll be able to pass on the love of gaming to them like I've been able to do for my children.

When the time comes, I'm sure they will be lucky to have you as a grandfather. You know what really matters in life. :)

Is there any good place to trade Steam keys for TF2 keys? I'd love to get the Skyrim DLC from Amazon using keys, since I have lots of them right now...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gallantioh:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gallantioh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space -- MB-346057B75A39E460 - Taken by lindarasta. 3 entrants total.

t1419197636z1.png

Risgroo

So, uh, looks like redeeming the Company of Heroes 2 DLC from the humble Sega bundle has given me the full game? I can play skirmishes at least. Did this happen to anyone else?

EDIT: Or is this a standalone expansion? I know nothing about CoH2.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It seems you haven't played DROD yet... Might be right up your alley (not as charming as Escape Goat though).
Never heard of the series before. Currently playing one of the browser based games and i'm already enjoying it, it's certainly interesting. Thanks for the tip! :)

Kiru

So, uh, looks like redeeming the Company of Heroes 2 DLC from the humble Sega bundle has given me the full game? I can play skirmishes at least. Did this happen to anyone else?

You can't play the base game singleplayer campaign though.

Uzzy

The Oberkommando West? Yeah, it's stand alone, and lets you play as that army in skirmishes and online.

Chariot

EDIT: Or is this a standalone expansion? I know nothing about CoH2.
It gives you access to multiplayer with only one faction.

rickyson1

so uh I was looking at steam db and noticed that Rime Berta came out 5 days ago

how is it? never heard of it before and haven't seen anyone on here talking about it,just curious since I like the genre

Risgroo

Okay, thanks! I got so excited when I saw I could play, lol. I'll play a few rounds and see if I like it enough to get the full game.

I busted all of my remaining money on a waifu game. I think I did well for this sale. Atleast now my lil sis can't urge me to buy her the barbie games hahaha.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's the sixth night of Hanukkah, which mean's it's time for another giveaway. Ruruja won Valiant Hearts yesterday and this was his choice for today:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Final Fantasy VII -- MB-4FF3D84690D22B9E - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 46 entrants total.
To whoever wins, please don't forget to PM your choice for tomorrow's giveaway, see original post at around 2740 in the Steam December II Thread for the rules.

t1419198953z1.png
To whoever wins the raffle: Please PM me the name of a game you want to see in tomorrow's giveaway. Just one simple rule: It must be available on Steam for 10 Euro's or less. (since I still don't own a money tree)
If I don't receive a reccomendation in 24 hours, i'll get one of the titles some other nice Gaffers recommended or choose one myself.

Happy holiday's! :)

The_Monk

Does anyone know if Bullestorm still gives you a GFWL key or did they stopped providing them on new purchases? I know Fallout 3 did this.

MUnited83

For you.
Does anyone know if Bullestorm still gives you a GFWL key or did they stopped providing them on new purchases? I know Fallout 3 did this.

It has to give you a GFWL key otherwise the game would be unplayable. Fallout 3 did that because the GFWL on Fallout 3 is basically a inert optional implementation.

KiDdYoNe

Fuck it, bought Skyrim Legendary.

Not the point anyway.

I was in retail and they had promo - Pay for 1 get 2 games. I got myself PREY and Hunted. PREY. THAT PREY. FOR 2 BUCKS.

Damn guys i'm so happy right now. It was my favorite shooter back in time and now i have it on Steam :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom