• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Lots of people in the gaf goty thread saying it was a mediocre year...
A couple of AAA games that were hyped to hell and back turn out disappointing = bad year.

I can remember way back in November lamenting how awful a year 2014 had been. I've even bought more non enticing games since then as well.

All joking aside if you only owned PS4 or XO and didn't look any further than them then it probably was a pretty barren year but that's a pretty blinkered view. WiiU has had a pretty good year on it's own but for the PC it's been ker-ray-zee! There has been a good handful of releases for just about anyones tastes.

Do you really want to see Skyrim's character model nude, though?

What other games have good nude mods?

And from what I understand, the best nude mods completely change/overhaul the character models, so you're not looking at the game's base/default models. I've seen the pics/videos. I'm gay by the way, so I'm interested in the male character mods.

MUnited83

For you.
Guys, I'm considering buying Skyrim because... nude mods.

Am I crazy?

I don't need any of the DLC for mods, right?

Was a certain Kotaku arcticle that convinced you? :p

And yeah, you need DLC for quite a few mods. Save yourself some trouble and just get the Legendary edition?

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know, I'm new to PC gaming. But I heard that some games are developed to be easily moddable and/or have large modding communities, while others don't. So if a game is mod-friendly and popular, then there's probably a greater chance that you'd find a mod you'd like for it.

i'd say if you're looking for nudity you might as well just ask milamber for hentai game recommendations

Wouldn't that depend on how good the modders are?

I don't know, I'm new to PC gaming. But I heard that some games are developed to be easily moddable and/or have large modding communities, while others don't. So if a game is mod-friendly and popular, then there's probably a greater chance that you'd find a mod you'd like for it.

Tesseract

Banned
I just made this image for an upcoming article.

logosntuii.png

Holy crap, 2014 was so fucking amazing. I mean, I knew that, but seeing it like this really drives the message home.

Do you want me to start ignoring you?

bYeagX9.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sorry for self ad but: I also pushed another small update for the NeoGAF Monkeybot-script that fixes few small things. Tomorrow I'll do something to improve the game recognition between Batman^TM Arkham Oranges / Batman: Arkham Oranges / Batman Arkham Oranges and so on.

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

How long does this take to update? It's not picking anything up, even links. Maybe my 900 other gaf scripts are interfering.

zkylon

zkylewd
really annoys me how the grimrock logo is off-center in that durante picture

looks so bad

How many times do I have to tell you people about nudemods.org

Got me feeling all
damn this is depressing

like i don't mind people wanting to see their favorite characters in the nude but why does it have to be so shitty

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It... It's beautiful.

Ha I was thinking of you when I finally figured out a way to accomplish this. It works really well (and fast) but the downside is that obviously you can't mark packs as "not interested", only apps. But, it's better than nothing, right?

this is too beautiful for mortal eyes. when does it go up?

I'm working on a lot of "under the hood" stuff along with a few new features. It probably won't be ready til later this week or next weekend.

Arthea

lemme try this again?

how much is Bulletstorm in US land?

I remember somebody played Bound By Flame here? Is it good RPG as in being RPG, it looks somewhat actiony only in trailers. Would you say it's worth

Turfster

Ha I was thinking of you when I finally figured out a way to accomplish this. It works really well (and fast) but the downside is that obviously you can't mark packs as "not interested", only apps. But, it's better than nothing, right?
Oh, definitely.
Combined with "items you own", it'll disappear about 4000 things ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
Most people suck at art, and the few who don't usually have better uses for their talent.
i guess people that find that shit attractive don't have the taste to tell anyways

lemme try this again?

how much is Bulletstorm in US land?

I remember somebody played Bound By Flame here? Is it good RPG as in being RPG, it looks somewhat actiony only in trailers. Would you say it's worth
i didn't play bound by flame but i played the previous spiders game, mars: war logs. i heard the games are pretty similar

mars was basically a small budget witcha 2 clone. it was pretty light on mechanics and the story was kind of all over the place, but it was surprisingly polished and had a lot of systems with like real time combat and crafting and skill trees and side quests and whatnot. the story also branched somewhat which was pretty cool. combat is basically the witcher 2, you have your block and your roll and you lock on dudes and spam roll and just use attacks or guard breaks and spells and all that stuff. it also had some cool quests with like multiple solutions (including a detective quest! i love detective quests!)

i heard bound by flame is a bit more action-y and less story-focused but from the video's i've seen it looked exactly the same lol

i think what's not so exciting about bound by flame is that mars at least had a pretty good setting and a pretty good "set up" in general. like starting the game planning a prison break is pretty darned awesome. it's set in a colony in mars and has some weird technocracy cyberpunkish stuff going on that is pretty cool. bound by flame is like dark fantasy or something which by now has been done to death, so that's kind of lame

MUnited83

For you.
I'm amazed at the games that got nude patches. I mean, even Orcs Must Die 2? lol.

And then the quality of mods. Holy shit the quality. Just check the Remember Me one.

ricky-gervais-laugh-o.gif

Turfster

Bulletstorm still has that sweet, sweet GFWL on it, right?

Is it required to play or just for things like leaderboards?

Required.
Shit won't even start on my system

Also, god damn Space Hulk is not doing anything to lower my annoyance level.
Second mission and fucking RNGesus made it so I failed opening a door 10 times in a row? Really?

Grief.exe

Bulletstorm still has that sweet, sweet GFWL on it, right?

Is it required to play or just for things like leaderboards?

It actually requires GFWL to be online to play I believe.

I didn't find a way to remove the DRM when I was playing earlier in the year either.

Required.
Shit won't even start on my system

What always fixes GFWL on Windows 8/8.1 x64 for me is copying all of the x64 dlls to the system32 folder.

Process detailed here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192173937

bigzgod

Ok, trying this again.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bigzgod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-F756F45211EEA442 - Taken by Gallantioh. 8 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Bioshock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419211074z1.png

Pachimari

Hmm, guess my Steam sales period isn't over. Got a Steam card as a Christmas present today, but will probably just put them aside for H1Z1, Life Is Strange and such in January.

I'm really curious to see what kind of game Life Is Strange is gonna turn out to be.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hmm, guess my Steam sales period isn't over. Got a Steam card as a Christmas present today, but will probably just put them aside for H1Z1, Life Is Strange and such in January.

I'm really curious to see what kind of game Life Is Strange is gonna turn out to be.

The Walking Dead meets Gone Home. How can they mess that up? The music already is slayage if they go with the style of the song in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom