• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I should amend the 'unless you're really lucky part' to also include 'or cheese him good and proper'. My first time was an amature mistake (and considering I had played Demon's Souls countless times before I really should have known better) as I went through the fog gate with my shield down and BLATT!!!
Haha my Souls mantra is ABB: Always Be Blocking.

Durante

The fact that they are not in acending alphabetical order from right to left is distracting.
I'd like to note that all the logos which have a non-black background are arranged in a cross around Divinity: OS, and that Might & Magic X has the place of honor in the top left.

At least that's how the ordering came to be :p

how were this lords of xulima and blackguards?
I haven't played Xulima yet. Blackguards is great, a bit like a console SRPG in the way the story progresses, but with a pretty complete implementation of the PnP Dark Eye ruleset underpinning it.

Fuck this fucking piece of shit Cuntpra Demon, fuck his family, friends, lovers and everyone from From who had hand in designing this unfair boss fight.

Tip #1: Kill the dogs first.

Tip #2: Use the stairs to your advantage.

Tip #3: If you're a magic user, disregard all previous tips and uninstall the game.

The-Suffering-Prison-is-Hell.jpg

Why isn't The Suffering on Steam?

Wasn't that a daily the first day?

No, it has been -15% the whole time. (Because if it was, FML)

edit: day 1:
Total War™: ROME II - Emperor Edition -75% off
Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ -40% off
DARK SOULS™ II -63% off
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES -33% off
Space Engineers -50% off
State of Decay -75% off
Sniper Elite 3 -50% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -85% off
Flash Sales: (Lasts for 12 hours)
Damned -75% off
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar -85% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition -75% off
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition -80% off
SpeedRunners -75% off
Styx: Master of Shadows -50% off

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tip #1: Kill the dogs first.

Tip #2: Use the stairs to your advantage.

Tip #3: If you're a magic user, disregard all previous tips and uninstall the game.

Ehhhh you could go up the stairs move to the right side which you can stand despite being a small space and spam magic. Roll to the lower area when the Capra demon is about to do the jump attack and rinse and repeat.

autoduelist

So that image grid kind of sold me on Lords of Xulima (never had heard of it), and reminded me how much I wanted Blackguards (already on wish list). Thanks for that. Have they been on deep sale yet?

People are morons. What else is new.

I swear, if fucking Steam reviews prevent me from getting M&M XI...

And thanks for mentioning this, I hadn't realized it was a daily deal.

Actually, can anyone explain this? M&M Legacy only shows up as a daily (or 12 hour?) deal if I click into it's store page. It wasn't listed on the main store page at all for me... not even in my 'wishlist' section.

Is there some sale page for temporary deals I don't know about? Because I hate missing out on good sale prices.

Lots of people in the gaf goty thread saying it was a mediocre year...
A couple of AAA games that were hyped to hell and back turn out disappointing = bad year.

AHA-Lambda

A couple of AAA games that were hyped to hell and back turn out disappointing = bad year.

For AAA it was a bad year with a few exceptions, especially if you look at the fall, like most GOTY awards do for some reason.

Knurek

I know all the strategies for Capra, really. I beat it once on my earlier playthrough.

Still doesn't help me an iota if I have roughly 0.5 seconds from when I enter through the fog door before the following happens:
1) Dogs gang up on me, breaking my guard
2) Capra uses the downward slash, pining me to the ground and taking off 2/3rds of my health
3) Dogs or Capra finish me off

It's just a total random fight, if you roll a natural 20 at start you might survive more than 1 second. Otherwise, good luck going through all of Lower Undead Burg again.

I've just spent a better part of an hour doing just that. I recall doing exactly the same the last time.

zkylon

zkylewd
xmas sale really sucks when you can't get any gifts lol

so lame to live in fake brazil

I know all the strategies for Capra, really. I beat it once on my earlier playthrough.

Still doesn't help me an iota if I have roughly 0.5 seconds from when I enter through the fog door before the following happens:
1) Dogs gang up on me, breaking my guard
2) Capra uses the downward slash, pining me to the ground and taking off 2/3rds of my health
3) Dogs or Capra finish me off

It's just a total random fight, if you roll a natural 20 at start you might survive more than 1 second. Otherwise, good luck going through all of Lower Undead Burg again.

I've just spent a better part of an hour doing just that. I recall doing exactly the same the last time.
weird

i beat him on my second try and both times with the "strategy" i could get to the ledge easily

i wouldn't say it's total rng, maybe 40-60

Lain

Crossposting from the sale thread because apparently I posted it there while I thought I posted it in here:

Started playing Door Kickers (Thanks Speevy!) and the game feels more difficult than I thought it'd be. It's also quite nice. Only played the first 3/4 solo maps, though I managed to 3 stars the first two and get those no pause/single plan thingies, but those starting maps are easy.

Durante

I'm always amused by reading stuff like that.

For me, it was the best year in a decade.

Ehhhh you could go up the stairs move to the right side which you can stand despite being a small space and spam magic. Roll to the lower area when the Capra demon is about to do the jump attack and rinse and repeat.
That's how I did it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Turfster cries tears of joy

9aeSNa6.png

Shantom

So that image grid kind of sold me on Lords of Xulima (never had heard of it), and reminded me how much I wanted Blackguards (already on wish list). Thanks for that. Have they been on deep sale yet?

Blackguards was in a humble bundle sort of recently, you should be able to find it cheap because of that.

pahamrick

Repost for new page since I don't think Modbot will auto-repost in this thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Batman Arkham Origins -- MB-E6CBBAF995689747 - Taken by dave is ok. 42 entrants total.
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-0F989CB3462C6059 - Taken by Gallantioh. 13 entrants total.

t1419200452z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The best part of MGSV:GZ is how it doesn't supports mouse control in the menus and the Mouse 3&4 buttons in-game. For fucks sake, is every Japanese developer this incompetent at basic things?

Probably because you can get the game for free on PC with a simple google search, really.

Adsupported freeware? Okay then.

Looks like WB should own the IP.

Noooo.

Sorry for self ad but: I also pushed another small update for the NeoGAF Monkeybot-script that fixes few small things. Tomorrow I'll do something to improve the game recognition between Batman^TM Arkham Oranges / Batman: Arkham Oranges / Batman Arkham Oranges and so on.

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

autoduelist

Blackguards was in a humble bundle sort of recently, you should be able to find it cheap because of that.

Darn, how'd I miss that. Oh well.

Are there are any games besides M&Magic X Legacy that are on some sort of timed / short sale right now that aren't listed on the home sale page?

I've been waiting for that to go on sale during Winter Sale and am extremely glad Durante and co. mentioned it else I would have missed it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I just got Batman Arkham Origins gifted by an amazing friend, so help me gaf, as my memory is the fucking worst.

Batman Franchise was on sale on Day One, but the Season Pass for origins was cheaper on Nuuvem, right?

Am I remembering that right?

pahamrick

I just got Batman Arkham Origins gifted by an amazing friend, so help me gaf, as my memory is the fucking worst.

Batman Franchise was on sale on Day One, but the Season Pass for origins was cheaper on Nuuvem, right?

Am I remembering that right?

Season Pass on Nuveem is right now around $6.77 USD / £4.33

Why do people complain about Valve for the disappointing sale deals. Surely it's the publishers/developers that set the prices for their games?

The best order would be DA:O, Awakening, Golems of Amgarrak, then Witch Hunt. I think there might be issues with importing your character if you try to do it in any other order, but it's been ages since I played through them.

Leliana's Song and Darkspawn Chronicles are stand alone, so it doesn't matter. Darkspawn Chronicles should also not be played by anyone.

IIRC it goes DAO, the expansion and then Witch Hunt as the final piece. The rest don't matter story-wise.

alrightie thanks guys. good thing i asked first, i thought awakening was supposed to be played last :p

pahamrick

But didn't nuuvem had a Batman Franchise sale after the November one?

I don't know about about a previous sale, but right now they have a Batman Pack on sale that has Arkham City GOTY, Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate for around $6 USD.

Doesn't include the season pass for Origins, though.

Turfster

Thanks for the list, turfster. This thread turned out more helpful than the sales thread. :O

You're welcome.
It's what I do in this thread, every day ;)

Yes, I guess this is an Origins post, but you are my PC brothers :(

Eh, don't worry about, we're basically "PC gaming, the thread"

Is there some sale page for temporary deals I don't know about? Because I hate missing out on good sale prices.
It was a "12 hour" deal, but like "dailies" last 48 hours, "12 hour" deals 24 hours.
Valve Time(tm)

Turfster cries tears of joy

It... It's beautiful.

----

GetGames is doing 80% off Civ V Complete and 40% off Beyond Earth, for those that missed the first day

Humble Store flash sale: Europa Universalis IV DLC Collection 75% off

GMG's new 24 hour deals are up.
All Thief games 75% off
Fallout Classics Collection 75% off
Dishonored 75% off, Dishonored GOTY only 66% off
Left 4 Dead bundle 75% off

Turfster

I see they're still hating the shit out of Europe for L.A. Noire.
Not even the usual $=€ bullshit, no, it's plain almost twice as expensive here.

Amazon has Call of Juarez Gunslinger 75% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom