• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I finally got TiTs ;__;

1340040299353.gif
Judging by that gif it seems you dont.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I take it you mean every game released on Steam in 2014? Even scraping release date info from store pages wouldn't result in an accurate list as some publishers prefer to use an older game's original release date. Since SteamDB tracks app history, though, maybe they can generate a list of game apps that have an "Added store name" change dated this year?

Jawmuncher

Geez I think HeroPrinny might have a screw loose. These origin sales are always so sad since it's the same batch of games every time.
Maybe he just loves EA that much.

Turfster

Geez I think HeroPrinny might have a screw loose. These origin sales are always so sad since it's the same batch of games every time.

Add to that that they actively hate Europe and don't want me to buy anything from them, and EA can go take a flying leap.

Dr Dogg

Origin Sale is here again. BF3 1 euro, Garden Warfare 4,7$ (Mexican Store).

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/...wyears-announce-tw&cid=32519&ts=1419353302742

Let's see if BioWare points are on offer.

*opens Origin to gaudy DA:I Game of the Year promo lampooning The Last Supper, checks ME2 DLC...*

Aaaaaand no. I guess EA really doesn't want my money.

Don't know if the ORIGIN20 promo coupon still works but might be worth a shot to try and get an extra 20% off.

Jawmuncher

http://i.minus.com/if5hA2BSCR2ZL.gif[IMG]

DA:I didn't even chart for any platform and they still can't even manage a 50% off deal? Garbage.[/QUOTE]

I'm more surprised they lowered it even that much. Even if it's basically been 50% off from other retailers speaking of which.

If anyone is wanting dragon age I have a 10 dollars off any order of 30 or more coupon. Can also use it on a hardline preorder and maybe even combine it with Mexico price. First to quote asking for it gets it. If you're the first pm me if I'm not around

dex3108

*opens Origin to gaudy DA:I Game of the Year promo lampooning The Last Supper, checks ME2 DLC...*

Don't know if the ORIGN20 promo coupon still works but might be worth a shot to try and get an extra 20% off.

Nope :(

Jawmuncher

Don't know if the ORIGIN20 promo coupon still works but might be worth a shot to try and get an extra 20% off.

At this point were better off just waiting for the collection with all DLC. It's bound to happen.

derExperte

I got a car for Watch_Dogs.

Hmm, didn't I drive around in this car? May have unlocked it through the Uplay rewards.

"You already own this reward

Your gift is unlocked & you just got 1 more Luck Booster!"

Thank you Ubisoft, if only Gaben gave us such beautiful gifts.

Why, what did he do?

Asgaro

EFBF4E3D8BDB869FDF7FD43B9B4D8907909DCE72

Any questions?

wut.

1388494280686.jpg

Well, I don't want to spoil myself since I've read the game is deeper than meets the eye.
But how many hours did it take to get an ending?
And do you know whether there are multiple endings?

Steam says I'm 11.0 hours in but let's say I'm 10 hours in, to be correct.

--

Did you accelerate time by pressing keys to make music?
I let the game work fully autonomously.
(I let it run while studying and look up to my screen from time to time.)

--

I have quite a lot of objects flown into my dear, precious mountain already.
This is one of the most recent screens I can provide that show a portion of the items.

Jawmuncher

Hmm, didn't I drive around in this car? May have unlocked it through the Uplay rewards.

Why, what did he do?

He said seriously that origin has better sales than steam.

Kiru

I saw Mom's Heart for the first time in Binding of Isaac... I nearly beat it, it was one hit left... sucks.

MRORANGE

I take it you mean every game released on Steam in 2014? Even scraping release date info from store pages wouldn't result in an accurate list as some publishers prefer to use an older game's original release date. Since SteamDB tracks app history, though, maybe they can generate a list of game apps that have an "Added store name" change dated this year?

I had a look and could not find this option.

Anteater

wow the guacamelee 4-player threads sure died pretty quick

and bought lara croft

this sale has been good for me so far, thief master thief for 2.70, lara croft for 7.80 and hatoful boyfriend @ 2 bucks

Alavard

I saw Mom's Heart for the first time in Binding of Isaac... I nearly beat it, it was one hit left... sucks.

I know that feeling. I've only recently started being able to beat Mom's Heart in Rebirth (and I don't think I ever even beat Mom on the original). I've watched like 40 hours of Rebirth runs on Youtube and just think to myself 'someday...' when I see how good the players are.

Dr Dogg

So just perusing what going on in the twittersphere when I noticed Xbox was trending. I wondered what on earth have they announced as there was nothing on the front page here. Then I noticed for some reason when I switched accounts I got local trends selected by default. The peeps round here must be crazy for Xboxes.

At this point were better off just waiting for the collection with all DLC. It's bound to happen.

Well I think Amazon had a bundled pack for ME2 but I think we'll all be waiting for a recollected edition and even then I bet stuff will be omitted.

Ahhh so it is like Uplay rewards then.

Kiru

Hopefully it won't take you weeks to get back to the boss.
That happened to me ;-;

I know that feeling. I've only recently started being able to beat Mom's Heart in Rebirth (and I don't think I ever even beat Mom on the original). I've watched like 40 hours of Rebirth runs on Youtube and just think to myself 'someday...' when I see how good the players are.

Never reached that far on the previous version. Only put 6 hours into Rebirth now and I'm proud of my progress. Most of it is just having luck with the upgrades I guess. I still gotta survive 2 levels without taking a single hit somehow...

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Damn it just 30 minutes until Vampire The Masquerade's sale ends and I don't have any money on my card and my mother is not home yet so she can't recharge it. -_-

Edit: Crisis averted.

derExperte

Never reached that far on the previous version. Only put 6 hours into Rebirth now and I'm proud of my progress. Most of it is just having luck with the upgrades I guess. I still gotta survive 2 levels without taking a single hit somehow...

Unlock Azazel, he's almost too good.

Alavard

Never reached that far on the previous version. Only put 6 hours into Rebirth now and I'm proud of my progress. Most of it is just having luck with the upgrades. I still gotta survive 2 levels without taking a single hit somehow...

For Samson? Yeah, I restarted a good dozen times trying to do the first two levels without taking damage before I unlocked him.

I've got around 9 hours into Rebirth so far myself. I've beaten Mom's Heart 4 times I think, and almost all of those have been in the last few hours of play. Some of it has definitely been luck with drops, but some skill is starting to set in, and I'm learning strategy too (like watching for tinted rocks, when to save certain tarot cards, and where secret rooms are likely to be).

Well, I don't want to spoil myself since I've read the game is deeper than meets the eye.
But how many hours did it take to get an ending?
And do you know whether there are multiple endings?

Its random. its possible it doesn't end. There are different event endings though. I got that ending after letting it run for 67 hours.

Kiru

Unlock Azazel, he's almost too good.

I already unlocked him pretty early. I was not super happy with his range. Really worth it ?
For Samson? Yeah, I restarted a good dozen times trying to do the first two levels without taking damage before I unlocked him.

I've got around 9 hours into Rebirth so far myself. I've beaten Mom's Heart 4 times I think, and almost all of those have been in the last few hours of play. Some of it has definitely been luck with drops, but some skill is starting to set in, and I'm learning strategy too (like watching for tinted rocks, when to save certain tarot cards, and where secret rooms are likely to be).
Yup, need to unlock Samson. The others will be unlocked when I beat Mom's Heart I think. Yeah a bit of skill is aquired over time, true. Game is addicting... :D

Alavard

Okay, 26 min to go for new dailies.

C'mon, today's deals have got to be better than yesterday for me.

I mean, I'm sitting here waiting for Divinity: Original Sin, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Lords of the Fallen, the Long Dark, and This War of Mine. Almost all of those are shoe-ins for dailies, I would think.

derExperte

I already unlocked him pretty early. I was not super happy with his range. Really worth it ?

He can float which gives you more maneuverability and access to all items without using bombs and you don't have to aim. Load up his shot, float past a bunch of enemies and watch them die.

Okay, 26 min to go for new dailies.

C'mon, today's deals have got to be better than yesterday for me.

I mean, I'm sitting here waiting for Divinity: Original Sin, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Lords of the Fallen, the Long Dark, and This War of Mine. Almost all of those are shoe-ins for dailies, I would think.

Murdered soul suspect has probably had it's cheapest deal elsewhere, gmg and the square store both had good deals on it I believe and I doubt steam will match them.

Kiru

He can float which gives you more maneuverability and access to all items without using bombs and you don't have to aim. Load up his shot, float past a bunch of enemies and watch them die.
Hmmm I only used him once. Thanks for the info, I'll try it again. I have been using Lazarus lately.

On another note PalmDesert reached Steamlevel 500... He crafted the Holiday Badge 2944 times...

Alavard

Murdered soul suspect has probably had it's cheapest deal elsewhere, gmg and the square store both had good deals on it I believe and I doubt steam will match them.

75% off isn't entirely out of the question, which would come very close to that previous GMG deal, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom