• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

wallpaper is awesome looking i bet y'all are jealous

at least one GAF'er is..

image.php

wut.

1388494280686.jpg

Well, I don't want to spoil myself since I've read the game is deeper than meets the eye.
But how many hours did it take to get an ending?
And do you know whether there are multiple endings?

Steam says I'm 11.0 hours in but let's say I'm 10 hours in, to be correct.

--

Did you accelerate time by pressing keys to make music?
I let the game work fully autonomously.
(I let it run while studying and look up to my screen from time to time.)

--

I have quite a lot of objects flown into my dear, precious mountain already.
This is one of the most recent screens I can provide that show a portion of the items.

Spoilers

Playing certain songs makes things happen, one of the songs starts an event the can ending in the destruction of your mountain.

Spares.

By the way, is ModBot linked to this thread? (because if it's not then I will have to redo this)

It's linked to the Sale thread I believe, but others told me the giveaway should still work on this thread - only the auto-repost feature will be messed up in that it'll post to the Sale thread.

I think it might not work if you have the no lurkers rule (it might count posts from the other thread).

Edit: oh hey, I got Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage! I guess ModBot is working :p :)

Turfster

The Fall was amazing and definitely worth everyone's time.
It's kind of a bummer that it seems to be a trilogy of standalone episodes though, with no date for the second one yet, although the dev stresses they will deliver them.

Cerity

Go for whichever one you think looks better really.

Warranty wise, ASUS and MSI should have the same presence in the US, if it does bugger up, it's a cinch to claim. Here in AUS, I've had products from both go bad and I've claimed warranty, both got me a replacement within 7 days.

Perf wise, you'd be able to o/c to match.

I've heard good things about both cards. Just don't get the EVGA superclocked one, I got it and I have issues unless I use a custom fan profile on Precision X. Too bad getting an RMA here is hell, or I'd have done that (Nvidia support says the hardware isn't to blame though, so I'm not sure what happened)

derExperte

Had to bring the MSI back because of issues with the fan. They're probably fixed (I wasn't the only one) but overall my Asus is still more silent under load and has less coil whine even though the MSI has the better cooler. And it can be overclocked higher. You probably won't regret getting either of them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why do I now feel like I am completely missing out not using this

Because... you are? The current version works well, but the new version I'm developing is easier to set up and easier to use. There is still a lot of work to be done, but hopefully it'll be released early next year.

In the mean time...

Hoping a kind Gaffer who is in the US and is thinking of getting Metal Gear Rising can help me out here.

So here's the story. I'm in Malaysia. That means MGR is locked out for me on Steam. No problem, I thought. I'd just buy a code off of GMG or Amazon when it goes on sale.

Well it did go on sale on Amazon for $7.49 and I decided to buy it. I then found out the key they give you is region locked to US. I didn't know they could region lock keys!

I then checked on Steam Region Lock Inspector that gifting from US to Malaysia is possible.

So, uh, if any kind soul out there could gift me MGR on Steam, that would be grand! In return... I will give you my Amazon code for MGR. Heh. Or I guess I'm willing to paypal you the money :)

Xanathus

Hoping a kind Gaffer who is in the US and is thinking of getting Metal Gear Rising can help me out here.

So here's the story. I'm in Malaysia. That means MGR is locked out for me on Steam. No problem, I thought. I'd just buy a code off of GMG or Amazon when it goes on sale.

Well it did go on sale on Amazon for $7.49 and I decided to buy it. I then found out the key they give you is region locked to US. I didn't know they could region lock keys!

I then checked on Steam Region Lock Inspector that gifting from US to Malaysia is possible.

So, uh, if any kind soul out there could gift me MGR on Steam, that would be grand! In return... I will give you my Amazon code for MGR. Heh. Or I guess I'm willing to paypal you the money :)

Just use a VPN service to add the key to your account. I used this:
https://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial

Just use VPN to activate the key, that's how I got it.

Anustart

YL7gQMj.png

I'm giving to one lucky person a copy of the critically acclaimed Bad Rats! That's right, only one of you will win the grand prize! The other 4 people will be stuck with the joke gift Spelunky :lol :trollface kappa! I know that this will piss four of you off, but think of the one lucky guy or gal who gets his mitts on the crown jewel of steam games!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anustart, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

MYSTERY GAME -- MB-841BA41684987F2E - Taken by Annubis. 6 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #2 -- MB-20F0C6DED77AD04E - Taken by Tesseract. 9 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #3 -- MB-8841360236211623 - Taken by Strazyplus. 4 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #4 -- MB-C5F9A60968BD64C1 - Taken by XChainfireX. 6 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #5 -- MB-1A1BCBB055B9CB39 - Taken by alr1ght. 13 entrants total.

t1419395763z1.png

Turfster

I'm giving to one lucky person a copy of the critically acclaimed Bad Rats! That's right, only one of you will win the grand prize! The other 4 people will be stuck with the joke gift Spelunky :lol :trollface kappa! I know that this will piss four of you off, but think of the one lucky guy or gal who gets his mitts on the crown jewel of steam games!!

Watch everyone go for number 4.

I considered that... but is it safe? I've heard tales of accounts being banned for using VPNs. It's not something I'm willing to sacrifice my 10 year old, 400+ games Steam account with.
For CD keys it's safe.

And it's the only way to get the game in Asia, besides someone gifting it to you.

Anustart

For the new page

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anustart, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

MYSTERY GAME -- MB-841BA41684987F2E - Taken by Annubis. 6 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #2 -- MB-20F0C6DED77AD04E - Taken by Tesseract. 9 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #3 -- MB-8841360236211623 - Taken by Strazyplus. 4 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #4 -- MB-C5F9A60968BD64C1 - Taken by XChainfireX. 6 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #5 -- MB-1A1BCBB055B9CB39 - Taken by alr1ght. 13 entrants total.

t1419395763z1.png

redlacs

some fun achievements are tied to this one

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (redlacs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
PAYDAY 2: Gage Weapon Pack #02 -- MB-C9E5CE1B8F417D66 - Taken by pupo. 8 entrants total.

t1419396783z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did you add support for languages other than english?

Some of the features may not work (as they rely on English phrases) but a lot of non-English language users are able to uses the program just fine.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Some of the features may not work (as they rely on English phrases) but a lot of non-English language users are able to uses the program just fine.

You know, I never actually looked into it, but if I change the client language, do I have to redownload the language files for all the games?

Popstar

Time to get medieval
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:

HOARD -- MB-B749A19B81360835 - Taken by Strazyplus. 2 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-1B501D3AAF72E05C - Taken by Flandy. 6 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-41ED81FD891B6134 - Taken by neotokyo360. 9 entrants total.

t1419398584z1.png

jshackles

You know, I never actually looked into it, but if I change the client language, do I have to redownload the language files for all the games?

I'm not sure, but all you would need to do in this case is to change the language in your browser then follow the setup instructions to copy your cookie data and it should persist. That being said, I don't think you need to do that to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom