• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Wow, the first puzzle of The Fall is fucking harsh and pretty muddy.
Using the robot arm "through" the closed security door to pick up the security card behind it,
which makes no sense in side-view 2D.
Love the atmosphere, don't really like the controls (needs mouse acceleration, badly), and this puzzle was... way too easy to miss.

First two games I end up buying this sale are LISA and Malebolgia. Two very different from one another indie games that I don't see getting enough hype built around them. I suggest everyone look into either.

Arthea

I'm so glad I picked Onimusha this time, I would have been really mad at myself if I forgot to buy it two sales in a row. I still can't understand why to remove it at all.

Also in other news, modbot is slacking! I decided to check this thread before leaving and I don't see raffle repeated! Oh well here is an original post.
Happy holidays from the dark side
iVFnjEXzlBTtl.gif

edited: also I won't be on for couple of days, if any amazing pricing mistake happens, kindly pick a copy for me steamgaf ;)

Corpekata

Banned
I'm so glad I picked Onimusha this time, I would have been really mad at myself if I forgot to buy it two sales in a row. I still can't understand why to remove it at all.

Also in other news, modbot is slacking! I decided to check this thread before leaving and I don't see raffle repeated! Oh well here is an original post.

Probably some issue with Jean Reno's likeness I'd wager. It's been 10 years since the game released so maybe a 10 year use of it?

MRORANGE

2nd step of updates to the OP is to keep the fixed line breaks for text or let it flow, I normally always choose 800px with fixed line breaks for all NeoGAF threads I make, the benefit is a tighter layout that looks good on Desktop screens, the disadvantage is that it looks poop on mobile devices:

It looks fine on a iPad however which I mostly use.

fixed line breaks:

free flow text:

I generally prefer fixed line breaks and I assume most people read the OP (lol) on a desktop.

Thoughts?

Turfster

The Fall's writing and atmosphere are really really good though, and the next puzzles have been a lot more logical.

I generally prefer fixed line breaks and I assume most people read the OP (lol) on a desktop.

Thoughts?
Fixed linebreaks always betterer.

Arthea

2nd step of updates to the OP is to keep the fixed line breaks for text or let it flow, I normally always choose 800px with fixed line breaks for all NeoGAF threads I make, the benefit is a tighter layout that looks good on Desktop screens, the disadvantage is that it looks poop on mobile devices:

Thoughts?

Fixed line breaks pretty much look poop on anything! You do realize that people can and use zoom? (><)

pahamrick

edited: also I won't be on for couple of days, if any amazing pricing mistake happens, kindly pick a copy for me steamgaf ;)

In Modbot's defense, it was repeated in the Holiday Sales thread.

Arthea

That's the current default thread for modbot, so unless you specified this thread URL that's where all repeats go.

I didn't specify, I haven't even thought about it until now... It didn't occur to me, for some reason. I screwed it, didn't I?
I don't see how I can fix it now, aww

Wok

So I had bought Game of Thrones on GMG like a week ago for about the price the game is currently sold on Steam... I have no Steam key because I did not pay attention that GMG was not providing any...

pahamrick

I didn't specify, I haven't even thought about it until now... It didn't occur to me, for some reason. I screwed it, didn't I?
I don't see how I can fix it now, aww

I think the only way to change it now would be to completely cancel the giveaway and create a new one.

Arthea

I think the only way to change it now would be to completely cancel the giveaway and create a new one.

but how to cancel it, is it even possible, I just read a faq and I don't see how to cancel it or even change it
How could I forget about other thread? (><)

pahamrick

but how to cancel it, is it even possible, I just read a faq and I don't see how to cancel it or even change it
How could I forget about other thread? (><)

You're right. :( Well, I think most of us are checking the holiday thread too. If not I can toss a repeat up for you sometime tonight in this thread before I go to bed (Probably in 6 or so hours.)

Arthea

You're right. :( Well, I think most of us are checking the holiday thread too. If not I can toss a repeat up for you sometime tonight in this thread before I go to bed (Probably in 6 or so hours.)

Thanks a lot, it would be helpful, with a reminder that no lurker rule concerns that thread too, not this one.
I wish I could fix it, but alas. (._.)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
hmh
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-ACB1CA8BF863BDD3 - Taken by user237. 17 entrants total.

t1419388503z1.png

Anustart

Anyone know if steam wallet cards are available in 25$ denomination? I thought they were 20, but Game of Thrones is 22.xx and my girlfriend wants it and thought I'd grab it for christmas. But Max card I could get would be 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom