• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done with the sale. Ended up purchasing the games that I really want (Just Cause 2, If my Heart had wings) + got others through the help of the fine folks here @ NeoGAF. I've even finished decorating my profile page to the best anime style it can be possible. Before, I thought creating a steam library would be a very expensive hobby, but here am I spending lesser than what I've paid for if I'll go through the console buying route.

Now for xmas and new year, I have to wake a certain alan, help the blackwells, find the secret of the horses, and find a 2D girlfriend with the help of a duck. Oh and hopefully not die a lot while finding the last remnant or else I will need the help of nanomachines to do a revengeance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! I'm gonna be offline for a while due to the festivities around me + the backlog clearing.

I'm giving to one lucky person a copy of the critically acclaimed Bad Rats! That's right, only one of you will win the grand prize! The other 4 people will be stuck with the joke gift Spelunky :lol :trollface kappa! I know that this will piss four of you off, but think of the one lucky guy or gal who gets his mitts on the crown jewel of steam games!!

Fun! I already won Bad Rats from you in a mystery giveaway when I already had it, but it doesn't matter because I totally entered for Spelunky.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I figure I might as well post this here too. Man, the Steam sales are really low octane this winter.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GuardianE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-81A2BBB1E42B1AB8 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 48 entrants total.

t1419391983z1.png

VeTqUrv.gif

The 400 days DLC is not essential, no, but 1 of the characters from the DLC has an important role in Season 2.
You will see others as well, depending on your choices, but only 1 is actually relevant.

Both seasons have Steam Cloud saves, I'm not sure if season 1 had the feature from the beginning, though.

Thanks, I didn't play Season 1 until after all the episodes were released, so I think I have access to them.

Jørdan

Currently I decided to get rid of the stupid thread icons, title reflects colour scheme of Steam now, got rid STEAM and just have the logo, no more transparent lines on pictures.

ioGKsuzj38oDg.jpg

Your banners have been fantastic this year, I have to say I would dislike the change you plan as you got it spot on just now. I'm hoping someone else feels similarly and can explain it better; the lined images was a masterstroke, it unites all the games, breaks up the more vibrant and as far as I'm aware - unique. With the STEAM text being replaced by the logo there is now the issue of the graphic clashing or bleeding as with GTA header quoted, the ceiling light in the shop being an example. It also tied the OP title and banner image together better I feel. Changing the colour scheme to blue is welcomed, blue is always nice - just wish the client respected that better. Although it may look better grey with the dark theme, the blue looks good for both board styles and as you said reflects the new Steam theme.

I can't imagine how much work - and not just time - that goes into each OP, I do appretiate it. Thank you.

Line breaks FTW

pahamrick

I'm a little early on this, but I'm heading off a bit sooner than I expected.

Reposting Arthea's sweet giveaway since Modbot is reposting in the Holiday thread instead of here.

And also

Thanks a lot, it would be helpful, with a reminder that no lurker rule concerns that thread too, not this one.
I wish I could fix it, but alas. (._.)

Have a good night all.

Jawmuncher

Jørdan;144599194 said:
Your banners have been fantastic this year, I have to say I would dislike the change you plan as you got it spot on just now. I'm hoping someone else feels similarly and can explain it better; the lined images was a masterstroke, it unites all the games, breaks up the more vibrant and as far as I'm aware - unique. With the STEAM text being replaced by the logo there is now the issue of the graphic clashing or bleeding as with GTA header quoted, the ceiling light in the shop being an example. It also tied the OP title and banner image together better I feel. Changing the colour scheme to blue is welcomed, blue is always nice - just wish the client respected that better. Although it may look better grey with the dark theme, the blue looks good for both board styles and as you said reflects the new Steam theme.

I can't imagine how much work - and not just time - that goes into each OP, I do appretiate it. Thank you.

Line breaks FTW

I agree the style should remain.
Regular images on top just don't jive as well.

agvlaBB.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (VisceralBowl, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

MYSTERY GAME #3 -- MB-57E5AC58E6C64C15 - Taken by trailmix16. 3 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #2 -- MB-6E486CD3897925CF - Taken by pupo. 8 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME -- MB-9470A6BB4AFA5605 - Taken by The Reloader. 7 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #5 -- MB-81E6E5D9B044F500 - Taken by Flandy. 11 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #4 -- MB-7D6D3007BA2156F3 - Taken by Belgarion. 10 entrants total.

t1419402543z1.png

RedFyn

Is it common for steam to change what it's downloading mid download. I've never seen it do that before but twice when I was installing rise of nations it switched to something else. Not a big deal, just annoying.

iosefe

I want to win on the off chance I get infinite. I have it through PS+, but in sure pc is a more enjoyable experience

Can I at least know which are Bad Rats and the original Bioshock? I already go those, and it would be a shame iifmy potential winning of either master piece prevents someone elses
I should note, you are entering for a chance to win the BioShock trilogy, not just one game.
Completely forgot that had a sub

cicero

A little off topic, but, why did GOG remove Painkiller Black Edition? Getting a 404 error.

Because it was a Nordic Games published title. All Nordic Games titles were removed this past fall, I think it was in September, with a big sale sending them off. GOG refuses to do regional pricing which Nordic Games wants, so they removed everything. For some strange reason, starting last friday, Nordic Games brought all their games back to GOG for four more days only, the promotion ended this morning at like 10am GMT. Sorry you missed out on grabbing them.

I think the two Amnesia games might have been left available for sale. That is it.

Ezalc

Guys I don't know where else to ask so I guess somebody here must know (like Salsa) I have 2.59 left in my e-shop wallet. What's a good thing to buy for that much? I was thinking of getting tappingo 1.

:D hypee pls let my power supply be enough. It would be such a drag to have to remove the one I got to reconnect a a new one. Also, obviously I'll be choosing Far Cry 4, honestly I'm not interested in none but Far Cry 3 was fun and Black Flag was doodoo so yea.

Miguel81

Working on my suggestion for February already. Bet no one knows what game I'm suggesting. *chuckles*

50 percent more to go for that Tier 3 beach party. Keep fighting the good fight.

It should be a treat for me after missing out on this iteration of the franchise.

Hmmm Lords of Shadow 2 is at its low recorded price (according to ITAD dot com) over at Nuuvem for around $5. It's region locked though to the Americas.

Worth jumping in?

You can try out the demo on Steam to get a feel for it. Oh, Alien Iso is also cheap on there ~14 USD(seems to be region locked to S.America, though).

agvlaBB.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (VisceralBowl, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

AUPeRsu.jpg

MYSTERY GAME #3 -- MB-57E5AC58E6C64C15 - Taken by trailmix16. 3 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #2 -- MB-6E486CD3897925CF - Taken by pupo. 8 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME -- MB-9470A6BB4AFA5605 - Taken by The Reloader. 7 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #5 -- MB-81E6E5D9B044F500 - Taken by Flandy. 11 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #4 -- MB-7D6D3007BA2156F3 - Taken by Belgarion. 10 entrants total.

t1419402543z1.png

Speevy

Banned
Aww man, I hope you like shit, cuz' no one is gonna want these games. They make Bad Rats look like the game of the year contender.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-145FB2AF850CDADE - Taken by thereisnoif. 24 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-53B0BA407453F438 - Taken by pupo. 21 entrants total.

t1419407224z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom