• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't google janet reno in hopes for eyecandy
she ain't no palin

OK.gif

A few points to note about EVGA's ACX 970's is that one of them had a bit of an issue where the heatsink didn't make full contact with the GPU die so cooling performance wasn't optimal and the newer ones need a bit of tinkering with fan speeds if you want to keep noise down as they're set a bit higher in the BIOS but when doing that cooling performance does drop off as well. They do a reference model with the Titan cooler but only one retailer in the whole bloody world sells that and that's over here in the UK. Don't know what their other blower type cooler performs like but it's a bit on the ugly side.

Also coil whine is a lottery, especially with GPU's packing more and more VRM's and caps on their boards these days. It's become a bit of a blanket term for any noise coming out of a PC but it's by no means a new thing.

hmm... I appreciate the info, I'm gonna go check out that thread linked earlier and read a bit more about this stuff before making a decision, I'm currently leaning towards that ASUS one.

Sch1sm

Anyone know if steam wallet cards are available in 25$ denomination? I thought they were 20, but Game of Thrones is 22.xx and my girlfriend wants it and thought I'd grab it for christmas. But Max card I could get would be 25.

Nah. $20, $50, $100, no between.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The Walking Dead S2 spoilers:

This thing with the dog
fucked me up good... I was expecting it to go bad but it was worse.

Had to pause and go grab some water when
the choice to kill it or leave it came up.

Tizoc

Why would they do that?

Small hope that it's cause a HD version is coming.

Yeah I'm hoping so too, though it does seem odd they hadn't removed it now, what with it having Jean Reno and all :V
So uh anyone got a spare copy they can trade?

Turfster

What's good about it? I like good games!

It's uh... sort of like the Swapper with a different kind of puzzle and a much darker story, kinda?

Short version: you're a military suit AI that needs to find medical help for your unresponsive pilot after crashlanding on a planet. Unfortunately, you're locked out of most of your functions, but hey, if your pilot is in a life-threateningly dangerous situation, situational emergency overrides apply that unlock your access to the appropriate ones. Hmm...

The controls are a teeny bit fiddly, but the story and atmosphere more than make up for it.

Anyone know if steam wallet cards are available in 25$ denomination? I thought they were 20, but Game of Thrones is 22.xx and my girlfriend wants it and thought I'd grab it for christmas. But Max card I could get would be 25.

yes , i buy 25$ wallet cards sometimes , idk where you can get them though because i buy them from a chilean website :v

I refused to pay the high price for a digital copy of Dragon Age Inquisition, so today I paid 60€ for a physical copy.... though i was looking for a Steam Wallet card or a nice SSD at the store but I couldn't find anything else to buy as a present. Hopefully it's as good as it's hyped to be.
Depends on what you are looking for in an RPG, if you are a fan of the first game you might be disappointed.

Me too, and Ozium (I can understand adding Ozium)

He probably wants to spread DRAGON THE DREAM
Here's hoping Dragon the game goes up as a flash or daily.
Yeah.

Kiru

Wasabi is classified as an action movie in my book.
The comedies are... nothing but 'comedy'.
There was also that movie where he time traveled with some other dude from medieval to modern time. I enjoyed that one. Too lazy to google the name.

It's the eight and final night of Hanukkah, which mean's it's time for another giveaway. Blitzhex won Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming yesterday but did not choice a game for today's giveaway. That's why thing's are going a bit different today. Lets go out with a bang:

....aaaand that's about it. I'm a bit over budget, but what the hell.
I've had a lot of fun creating this ModBot streak, I must say.
It also made me look at some games I had no knowledge of before, like The Deer God.

Anyhow, I hope people enjoyed the little giveaway "twist" and the people who won something will have a lot of fun with their games. Happy holiday's! :)

I enjoyed your Hanukkah giveaways and entered for each one (didn't win) except this one (none of these three games appeal to me). Cheers and happy holidays!

DAI isn't as good as Origins but is nowhere near worthy of the backlash it is receiving in some threads, and certainly not the new DA2.

01d.gif

The community manager for DRAGON THE GAME just added me on Steam. Believe.

Ozium added you?

um. wow. That moneyhat.

At least it gave us the greatest OT of all time.

It's uh... sort of like the Swapper with a different kind of puzzle and a much darker story, kinda?

Short version: you're a military suit AI that needs to find medical help for your unresponsive pilot after crashlanding on a planet. Unfortunately, you're locked out of most of your functions, but hey, if your pilot is in a life-threateningly dangerous situation, situational emergency overrides apply that unlock your access to the appropriate ones. Hmm...

The controls are a teeny bit fiddly, but the story and atmosphere more than make up for it.

That sounds awesome. Will install soon.

Spares.

By the way, is ModBot linked to this thread? (because if it's not then I will have to redo this)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-C28586069E864DBA - Taken by Naked Snake
Koya Rift -- MB-58EBF5B69C76B31C - Taken by drizzle

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Progress is being made...

WUqr8Yv.png

Please be excited

Water

By the way, is ModBot linked to this thread? (because if it's not then I will have to redo this)
It's linked to the Sale thread I believe, but others told me the giveaway should still work on this thread - only the auto-repost feature will be messed up in that it'll post to the Sale thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom