• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Morning SteamGAF i hope that everyone who is celebrating Christmas is already enjoying :D My ISP finally changed my old modem and i hope that now my internet issues are over :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Morning SteamGAF i hope that everyone who is celebrating Christmas is already enjoying :D My ISP finally changed my old modem and i hope that now my internet issues are over :D

I accidentally paid my car rego for six months instead of three (+$155), so today has already been great. :p

I've been playing a lot of Duke Nukem 3d (Megaton Edition) lately and it holds up pretty well outside of the misogynistic humor. I played the shit out of the shareware version when I was little so it feels good running through the actual game. I just beat the second episode. There's also a shit ton of content including Duke it out in DC, Lifes a Beach, and Nuclear Winter

The only disappointing part is that there will never be another Duke Nukem game

I'm gonna want Walking Dead S2 to be $5 before I'd have any interest in getting it...

I really didn't like Season 2, the characters are incredibly annoying and depend on Clementine an absurd amount, and the story telling is nowhere near as strong as Season 1. By the end I lost interest and started making batshit choices, which I don't usually do if I become invested in a game. Season 2 will probably be my last TTG game I play unless they go back to their roots, which looks very unlikely for the time being.

Coreda

I just want to make some purchases, but I've been getting this message all throughout the sell. It's pretty lame.

I've had this happen a couple times in sales past. Usually logging off both clients (app and web) then waiting a while and logging back into just one seemed to fix it. The easiest way around this is to add funds to your Steam wallet. Fuss free.

JaseC

That should be on Steam XD Steam is already supporting subscription model. Send them suggestion Jase!

Haha, the crappy thing about subscription-based games is that unless you can buy a one-time package that includes the app (such as is the case with EVE Online, for example), you'll lose that +1 once your sub runs out. Darkfall: Unholy Wars is a prime example of what not to do.

All current indiegala bundles for only 1 Dollar per bundle today!
Grab it while hot!

Yup better price on the paradoxical bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection -- MB-C25B352D95911BB5 - Taken by ExoSoul
Leviathan: Warships -- MB-C0F4619508B759F4 - Taken by autoduelist

Ban Puncher

Is the current Space Quest collection on Steam worth the hassle of tracking down or trading keys for? It's not available in Australia sadly and I'm kinda feeling some classic Sierra action.

me0wish

Season 2 will probably be my last TTG game I play unless they go back to their roots, which looks very unlikely for the time being.

I'm sure they are going back to their roots with MineCraft!
/s

Season 2 might also be my last TT game, unless GoT turns out to be great. I enjoyed Jurassic park more than Season 2.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Today, I celebrate seven years of being on Steam . Through it I have discovered many a game I would never have learnt about or tried without the service, I discovered new ways of playing a game from it's community discussions, I have laughed and smiled and frowned from different screen shoots, and I discovered the true meaning of "every time improve protection Steam Guard".

However much of that only really started to occur when I discovered SteamGAF and began to lurk. It never fully gained, if you pardon the pun, steam until I started to talk in these threads. I never had as much fun going through the Activity Feed or gifting games as I do now when I became friends with many of you whether we are on Steam friend list or not.

So to each and all, if we have talked or not, if you have posted or shared at all, because of all the impressions and reviews; thank you for being a wonderful community and helping make the past two years of Steam use the best of them all.

Xevo

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xevo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Burnout Paradise -- MB-8DDA1D02F98B850C - Taken by Gallantioh. 3 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-BA18E847D0AD91D5 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 6 entrants total.

t1419503945z1.png

derExperte

lol
he is trolling, right?

No. Those poor bastards, if only they knew. And posts like that put the 'worst Steam sale ever' a little into perspective.

Wait until they bring up all the "free" games on PSN that they didn't pay a dime for.

Speaking of, no PS+ membership sales this year, not on PSN, not on Amazon (they had 12m for 33€ last year) while the service/games is getting worse and worse. I have codes for until 2017 but if this trend continues I might not renew which would severely limit the appeal of the Playstation platform overall, not going to pay 50€ just for online play. Might be the end of console gaming for me.

dex3108

Today, I celebrate seven years of being on Steam . Through it I have discovered many a game I would never have learnt about or tried without the service, I discovered new ways of playing a game from it's community discussions, I have laughed and smiled and frowned from different screen shoots, and I discovered the true meaning of "every time improve protection Steam Guard".

However much of that only really started to occur when I discovered SteamGAF and began to lurk. It never fully gained, if you pardon the pun, steam until I started to talk in these threads. I never had as much fun going through the Activity Feed or gifting games as I do now when I became friends with many of you whether we are on Steam friend list or not.

So to each and all, if we have talked or not, if you have posted or shared at all, because of all the impressions and reviews; thank you for being a wonderful community and helping make the past two years of Steam use the best of them all.

105212-wiserhood-clap-gif-Imgur-ZIyT.gif

Speaking of, no PS+ membership sales this year, not on PSN, not on Amazon (they had 12m for 33€ last year) while the service/games is getting worse and worse. I have codes for until 2017 but if this trend continues I might not renew which would severely limit the appeal of the Playstation platform, not going to pay 50€ just for online play. Might be the end of console gaming for me.
No need to have deals to attract more customers when you have online play locked behind a paywall.

Chariot

Huniepop Sex Gameplay (NSFW OBVIOUSLY, but in sound only. So keep the volume low)

--
lol
he is trolling, right?
No, console prices :)

No. Those poor bastards, if only they knew. And posts like that put the 'worst Steam sale ever' a little into perspective.
Yeah, we're pretty much the gamer version of Scrooge McDuck.

thats lame of insulting others
I am insulting this person by making fun of the contrast of console prices to pc prices that is very real? I don't think so. I have a Vita myself which I love and buy sometimes expensive games for.

MUnited83

For you.
Huniepop Sex Gameplay (NSFW OBVIOUSLY, but in sound only. So keep the volume low)

--No, console prices :)

Yeah, we're pretty much the gamer version of Scrooge McDuck.

I am insulting this person by making fun of the contrast of console prices to pc prices that is very real? I don't think so. I have a Vita myself which I love and buy sometimes expensive games for.

PES 2015 is cheaper than the Steam version though ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

JaseC

This may be old news, but it seems Free on Demand games now follow you between devices provided you own DLC. I'm kindasorta certain that wasn't the case previously, but I may be confusing the game count discrepancies in my mind's eye with Family Sharing situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom