• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brassica

Steam does this by itself. (EDIT: Bollocks, beaten)

I recommend installing Enhanced Steam if you haven't already, so you can see when other sites have the games for cheaper. Too many people rely on the steam store even while Humble/GMG/GoG/Playism etc have sales that sometimes beat them.

EDIT:

Actually, Playism doesn't seem to show up with Enhanced Steam, I wonder if jshackles could do anything about that.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I'm gonna wait for a Steam email then and install that extension.
Also, thanks to the person who posted the code for the Square Enix Bundle : this is how I got so much games so fast. I will be playing some of these games for the first time, including Thief and Hitman.
And I am loving Portal, everything in this game is so awesome!

It's the 24th and I thought I'd look at my list of steam keys and bundle left overs to share some games with the thread.
I also thought it would have been cool to make the games mysteries with shitty hints (English isn't my tongue, I try but I also fail, especially when trying to be funny) because why not?

Just a head's up, I don't have a 100% certainty that every key or links works. I am only 100% certain that I never gave them away or used them, but shit can happen, so if you decide to enter, do so knowing that.

If it's any consolation, the formatting is beautiful.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Awesome giveaway, Lain. Entered for Lilly Looking Through and Demonicon.
Grim Fandango PC will release on the same time as the PS4/Vita version right? Cause Game Informer only has this:

Grim Fandango (PS4, Vita) - January 27

And Im not sure if I am able to play a point 'n' click game on a console.
I expect Grim Fandango to play pretty great on consoles, even if they had kept the tank controls.
Really looking forward to the Remaster. :)

Asgaro

I will stop the frenzy for now, I promise!
By the way, are there any sites that check the games on your wishlist and inform you when they get a discount?

There is, and it works a lot better and has a lot more options compared to Steam's rather barebone functionality!

http://isthereanydeal.com/
(Site seems rather slow at the moment)

At the top right, notice "Import Wishlist" where you can import your Steam wishlist.
The site has a ton of options so it's very customizable. :)

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PROJECT TEMPORALITY -- MB-2D49FB3BC015122E - Taken by Naked Snake
Ludwig -- MB-71E97FC7B443496B - Taken by S1n1st3r

No more keys left :(
happened to me as well. i think it's a bug.
when you hover above the exclamation mark, you'll see how many keys are left.
i just tried multiple times by reloading the page. after the fifth or so try it worked.
just so you know. it doesn't give you a key but instead links you to steam and redeems the game.
Meanwhile on console side:
[]http://i.minus.com/jy8ofOfHMr0yu.png[/IMG]
price is actually one of the main reasons why i "main" pc. besides bc, console emulation (access to almost all console games ever released!), upgradeability.
Today, I celebrate seven years of being on Steam .[...]
that was so sweet of you :)
feel the same. and i want to add, i really love and appreciate how nice of a poster you always are. you are a swell person ken!
ç_ç
There are EA Origin forums?
so that's how we bring you to post here more often? :p
wonder if it works with yakkue as well :)
Apparently JP LeBreton is starting some kind of solo indie thing and hoping to get by with Patreon funding.
He was the project lead on Spacebase DF9 and was one of the 12 peeps who got laid off from DoubleFine back in late November.
he also was designer for bioshock 1&2. gotta keep an eye on him then.
It's the 24th and I thought I'd look at my list of steam keys[...]
that is really cool of you, thanks!

figured out almost all but these are giving me a mild headache -_-'
El Pollo Diablo Oro.
The only one left.
Black & White with a hinge of Red.
Fucking your sister and killing the Pope? I'm not clear, but maybe it can be done in the second entry of this series.
really enjoy little riddles like that :3

Do you guys keep Auto-Update enabled for your games? What if a patch changes something you don't like, can you at least re-install to roll-back and remove an update?

MUnited83

For you.
Do you guys keep Auto-Update enabled for your games? What if a patch changes something you don't like, can you at least re-install to roll-back and remove an update?

You can't even start a game without updating it first, so you might as well have the auto-updates on.

milena87

so that's how we bring you to post here more often? :p
wonder if it works with yakkue as well :)

Ahah, no. I'm trying to be more active than the last few weeks, don't worry :p

Anyway, since it's Christmas and I've had a lot of fun in this forum this last year, I'm giving away some games that I've really enjoyed :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955066.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (milena87, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mass Effect -- MB-7B8C6E104DFFA2A9 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 10 entrants total.
The Walking Dead Season 2 -- MB-DFD0A9D378254EE7 - Taken by Deques. 23 entrants total.
The Wolf Among Us -- MB-3A82D4865B84C5CA - Taken by Vazduh. 24 entrants total.
The Walking Dead -- MB-9696C0230C4641F7 - Taken by GaussTek. 8 entrants total.

t1419440405z1.png

Me and lads got Endless Legend and its pretty damn daunting. All of us skipped the tutorial and just went into a 3-4 hour multiplayer session. Gotten the hang of it at around the second hour or so. Also, keeping the speed at normal was a big mistake and I liked its online better than Civ 5 by a long shot. You can after a turn end instead of resetting it like in Civ.

L.O.R.D

i wonder , how JaseC and other people who have alot of games in their account is feeling about this sales
is it something like this ?

4SLubSq.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Beginning late last year, for a few months it was possible to skip a detected update provided it was queued (i.e. you were downloading something else when Steam detected it), but Valve stepped away from this feature for some reason and there's been no word since on whether or not it'll return. Other than that, in rare cases a developer will make previous public builds password-free branches so you can roll back as you please -- Thi4f and Tomb Raider 2013 are two such examples (as is Hitman Absolution, albeit to a much lesser extent as you can only roll back to the "launch day" build).

Hey everybody, I'm having a really weird issue and I can't seem to find a way to get it fixed so I figured I could ask here. First off I have used my XBOX ONE controller as a PC controller with absolutely 0 issues in any game I have tried it on...except Bully: Scholarship Edition. The game runs perfectly fine as far as I can tell with the keyboard & mouse controls but if I try to run the game using my XB1 controller it causes the game to freeze and crashes my computer hard. This is the only game I have had any issue with. Have any of you had a similar issue with this or any other game and know of a way to fix it? I've tried running the game in different compatibility modes but it only messes up when the controller is the way of playing.

I appreciate any help someone might be able to give. I'll check back later on to see if there is any advice.

fantomena

Goddammit. Wolfy must really hate the download speed. I can download every single game I own on Steam with a speed between 3-6 MB. Wolfy? Nah. Better go below 500 KB.

Alavard

Mirror of Fate HD is horrible. Played ten minutes, I'm asking myself if I want to play this because really...

Put it down now and forever. It's just that bad.

As a fan of both the old Iga-vanias, and Lords of Shadow 1 and 2, I made it like 45 min and just couldn't take it anymore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i wonder , how JaseC and other people who have alot of games in their account is feeling about this sales
is it something like this ?

4SLubSq.png

The featured deals tend to look like that but there's no shortage of other stuff to buy.

Lain

Thoughts on Ziggurat guys?

Fun but somewhat challenging. Playing I felt like I needed eyes behind my head to dodge some of the little fuckers attacking me.
Game performed well for me, and the art-style is nice, though it feels like you're a gnome because of the pov.

Goddammit. Wolfy must really hate the download speed. I can download every single game I own on Steam with a speed between 3-6 MB. Wolfy? Nah. Better go below 500 KB.

Wolfenstein? I had the same kind of issue the other day when I tried to download it. I closed Steam and exited out of it completely. Once I restarted it the download speeds were back to normal.

chronomac

Merry Christmas, everyone.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_586x192.jpg

SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 4 -- MB-23B9A141BDBC6FA6 - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 5 -- MB-452ECB38E303ADDE - Taken by Kurt Russell. 5 entrants total.
SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 1 -- MB-2F89713460140D7A - Taken by kurahador. 3 entrants total.
SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 2 -- MB-2A39290897CBAF9E - Taken by Xeroblade. 2 entrants total.
SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 3 -- MB-CC537EE8923D471B - Taken by PunishedSnake. 3 entrants total.

t1419432006z1.png

For reference, here's what comes in each pack:

Pack 1
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Crack Down
Ecco the Dolphin
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Shadow Dancer
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Space Harrier II

Pack 2
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Ecco Jr.
Eternal Champions
Fatal Labyrinth
Galaxy Force II
Kid Chameleon
Ristar

Pack 3
Alien Storm
Bio-Hazard Battle
Columns III
Decap Attack
Ecco: The Tides of Time
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Flicky
Golden Axe II
Sword of Vermilion

Pack 4
Alien Soldier
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
Light Crusader
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shining in the Darkness
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2

Pack 5
Beyond Oasis
Dynamite Headdy
Golden Axe III
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Revenge of the Shinobi
Streets of Rage 3
Vectorman 2

Ahah, no. I'm trying to be more active than the last few weeks, don't worry :p
Anyway, since it's Christmas and I've had a lot of fun in this forum this last year, I'm giving away some games that I've really enjoyed :)
guess da:i got you good? wonder how absorbed you'd get once you'd play mmos, hah.
wow, great gifts. thanks milena!
This NEEDS to be in Crusader Kings II box XD
oooh, that makes sense.

milena87

guess da:i got you good? wonder how absorbed you'd get once you'd play mmos, hah.

Yeah. RPGs are pretty dangerous for me :p
And I thankfully haven't found a MMO that I like, after DAoC that is. That game was awesome and so were my guild mates :)

But I was also absent because my colleague was gracious enough to come to work and get us all sick. Thankfully the cold is gone now. But it was a pretty strong cold. It lasted a week. Crazy o_O

Merry Christmas, everyone.

For reference, here's what comes in each pack:

Pack 1
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Crack Down
Ecco the Dolphin
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Shadow Dancer
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Space Harrier II

Pack 2
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Ecco Jr.
Eternal Champions
Fatal Labyrinth
Galaxy Force II
Kid Chameleon
Ristar

Pack 3
Alien Storm
Bio-Hazard Battle
Columns III
Decap Attack
Ecco: The Tides of Time
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Flicky
Golden Axe II
Sword of Vermilion

Pack 4
Alien Soldier
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
Light Crusader
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shining in the Darkness
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2

Pack 5
Beyond Oasis
Dynamite Headdy
Golden Axe III
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Revenge of the Shinobi
Streets of Rage 3
Vectorman 2

Missed this one. How is the emulation/port quality on these, generally?

Merry Christmas!

Danielsan

Thinking of picking up Total War: Shogun 2. What say you GAF? It seems to have reviewed really well, but I'm curious if it holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom