• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck OLED Announced: Coming November 16

Got my order in!

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

nikos

If you spam the Payment Method screen, you'll end up getting this:

It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again.

Trying on my second Steam account...slowly.

un1que

Dafuq. I kept getting errors yet somehow I have an email saying I got one. People who keep getting errors on check out have a look just in case.

graywolf323

given this disaster, I wonder how many of the limited edition got snatched up by scalpers since they probably had a slightly easier time using bots…

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Holy shit don’t give up at the “it looks like you’ve been trying to make a lot of purchases…” screen. I just kept trying and then my order for the 1TB went through.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again.

Thanks, Gabe.
I can't believe this "a lot of purchases" thing smh
If you spam the Payment Method screen, you'll end up getting this:

Trying on my second Steam account...slowly.
Me too which is bullshit because by the time it expires they will be gone.

If the website worked correctly then I wouldn't have gotten it in the first place.
“It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again.”

lol
Heads up, I had this message and gave it a rest for a couple min and tried again, it went through.

Croga

Got my 512 GB version after much battling with the queue thank fuck.

Was shitting it I'd get locked out of purchase like the original launch purchase shitshow which delayed me getting my original Deck for almost 6 months...

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Alternatively making a new account took me a minute and I was able to purchase first try.
Oh that’s good to hear! Which version did you get? There was a message on the store earlier that said only accounts that made a purchase before November would be eligible (maybe that was just for the LE)

bender

What time is it?
I got the "you've been making a lot of purchase attempts in last few hours" message and just kept clicking away, it cleared about a min ago and I got my order in via CC. This was for the LE.

You'll need to click through the "item is out of stock" message too. Let's see if the orders hold up.

Zheph

Paypal fucked me smh fuck you Elon Musk (yeah i know he sold that shit long ago but fuck him anyway)

Klosshufvud

Is that because it’s more intuitive or because you are used to windows?

I find Windows to be a massive POS compared to MacOS and part of the reason I use Mac/iOS.

I would love to never have to touch Windows ever again so the more of a bite Steam can take out of it the better.
Well MacOS is famous for being extremely intuitive and easy to use. This is why Apple is soon to take over the world. But yes, I was raised on Windows and have come to learn all its user aspects.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Yeah, I finally got mine to go through as well. I figured I'd refresh one last time.

What is hilarious and sad is now that I went through all that hassle I'm asking myself what I even want to play on it.
First thing for me will be my second run through Star Ocean Second Story R

Top Bottom