• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck OLED Announced: Coming November 16

bender

What time is it?
I hate that you only paid $28.86 in tax lol, I just paid $90 CDN on tax for my 512gb.

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

You probably earned more Steam Points than I did though.

jake-gyllenhaal-smirk-wink-325glxej9mpn72dz.gif

bender

What time is it?
Just checked order page and don't have this message anywhere. Hopefully a good thing? Just says Processed Payment. Next up, Packaged Items.

If you order went through, just wait to see if it was fulfilled. I faced two problems when trying to check out: Too many attempts and the item you are trying to purchase is no longer in stock. (paraphrasing both)

Ozriel

M$FT
Finally got my order through. Turns out Steam absolutely did not want to work with PayPal.
Put in my card details and it went through without an issue.

Fuck Valve for wasting my time

Fess

Finally got my order through. Turns out Steam absolutely did not want to work with PayPal.

Yeah same here, it has always worked before so don’t know what was different this time. Is it to avoid bots or something?

Topher

Gold Member

I'm glad I didn't try then. I usually take advantage of PayPal's pay in four option. Valve should have told everyone they would not be taking paypal for this. That's probably what clogged up the works for a lot of folks.

bender

What time is it?

Sleepwalker

I'm glad I didn't try then. I usually take advantage of PayPal's pay in four option. Valve should have told everyone they would not be taking paypal for this. That's probably what clogged up the works for a lot of folks.

I keep decent balance in my paypal account due to sidehustles and I wanted to use some of it to pay for the deck altogether, instead Valve got my card. Now I have to go through hoops of converting my USD balance to CDN and pay off the credit card before the next statement comes in and charges interest. Not a big deal, but tedious anyhow.

Forgot this was today. Just checked and it is $689 and delivered in 3-5 days. Really tempting since it would be so easy to get. I was counting on his selling out so I wouldn’t have to decide.

Well lads...

I submitted a cancel/refund request. I was going through my library and looking at what I would actually play on it and it came down to like 2 games, and Wind Waker through CEMU. I'm planning a trip to Japan in April and the $590 would be better used towards that.

If they don't cancel it then I'll keep it but I thought really hard about it and I think I was more caught up in FOMO than anything.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well lads...

I submitted a cancel/refund request. I was going through my library and looking at what I would actually play on it and it came down to like 2 games, and Wind Waker through CEMU. I'm planning a trip to Japan in April and the $590 would be better used towards that.

If they don't cancel it then I'll keep it but I thought really hard about it and I think I was more caught up in FOMO than anything.
That was basically me. I tried for about ten minutes to get one, then I realized it was 90% FOMO and I gave up. I still absolutely hate the screen on my launch Steam Deck, but I really don’t think I’d play the OLED version that much more, anyway.

I usually go for my Analogue Pocket or GBC when I decide to play something portably.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Just realized it’s says 2-4 weeks for shipping for the limited edition sucks gonna be a long wait

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Mine was delivered just now, that was fast all the way to Canada too. Preloaded with 1,000,000,000,000 games too!

Meifu

I came prepared for this after dealing with ps5 shortages. You just have to be willing to brute force refresh and click through every error, finally got it after 30m of key bashing

Top Bottom